Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti  (Read 106996 times)

Offline ghassang

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2019, 12:42:57 am »
@olsen-72
Alex from VW retrofit in Redditch currently has an interface board for sale
This is a rare piece of kit that (only few were made) that allows the mk7 steering wheel, WITH cruise buttons, to fully work

nonsens...
I can get module that will be soldered to your 1K or 5K steering electronics that will allow ACC and CC buttons to work on also. So it's not that "rare" if you know the right people.

My module will give you the options to be coded with VCDS

Where can I get this module from?

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2020, 01:50:08 pm »
@olsen-72
Alex from VW retrofit in Redditch currently has an interface board for sale
This is a rare piece of kit that (only few were made) that allows the mk7 steering wheel, WITH cruise buttons, to fully work

nonsens...
I can get module that will be soldered to your 1K or 5K steering electronics that will allow ACC and CC buttons to work on also. So it's not that "rare" if you know the right people.

My module will give you the options to be coded with VCDS

Where can I get this module from?

Sharing this info as it took a lot of effort myself to find out! I was sent the link below for the module but at €200 I couldnt warrant it on top of the price of the wheel etc -

http://xhorse.uk/product/mfsw-module-en/

In the end Ive sourced a Polo GTi wheel without cruise and have fitted with the CH module so all buttons work as my Mk5 did but I dont have illumination, which I can deal with.

However, it would be good to get clarity around this...it was mentioned before that you CAN get illumination but that requires a Mk6 steering rack. Now from what Ive read that will be a Gen 3 rack, which are now supplied as replacements for Mk5's anyway, albeit you also need an additional piece of loom and possible coding in VCDS. The coding is because the Gen 3 rack has the slip ring within it, however on the Mk5's we have the slip ring on the column behind the steering wheel so from what Ive understood you need to code the car to disable the slip ring in the rack? My question is it this that enables the steering wheel buttons to illuminate or is it just the additional wiring loom?

Would be good to know that when the current rack inevitably gives up that when I replace it the pain will be softened knowing Ill get illumination back on my steering wheel  :grin:

Rob

Offline fikiskp

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2020, 01:23:08 pm »
My MFSW from Sirrocco (no ACC no GRA) functions fully, however for the horn to function the loom had to be re-pinned. So now the horn functions. Is there another re-pinning that needs to be done in the loom for the illumination to work?

Offline owdi

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2020, 09:57:10 pm »
My MFSW from Sirrocco (no ACC no GRA) functions fully, however for the horn to function the loom had to be re-pinned. So now the horn functions. Is there another re-pinning that needs to be done in the loom for the illumination to work?

Can you detail what you had to re-pin to get the horn functioning?

Offline Mouni92nl

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2020, 09:47:55 pm »
Did anyone figure out how to illuminate both left and right side buttons?
I followed the guide of soldering a wire in the left button module and this illuminates only that side.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Offline Mouni92nl

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2020, 08:32:18 pm »
I have the 1K8 959 442 steering wheel buttons.

Any help will be appreciated !

Offline embryo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2021, 08:21:13 pm »
Did anyone figure out how to illuminate both left and right side buttons?
I followed the guide of soldering a wire in the left button module and this illuminates only that side.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Hi everyone.

I'm in the same situation. Did this mod, only left side illuminate.

I think we need add a wire between left and right side, but any idea where ?

Don't know if this help but in my configuration, the plug circled in red in the photo aren't plug anywhere. There is only a 5 or 6 wires loom between left and right side.

Thanks a lot !

Offline embryo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2021, 10:26:16 pm »
Hello again !

To everyone struggling with only one side that illuminates, I think I've got a fix !

You need to solder another little wire between 2 points. Not easy to explain, photos will speak better.

I already done the mod from @SI-R32 (thanks a lot to you) but as many of you, I got only one side that illuminate.

Do some tests and referring to a photo of another wiring, I found a way to illuminate both sides.

And lights goes on ! Both sides !

Hope it helps some of you.

Cheers  :drinking:

Offline davidpalen

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • GTI mk5 2006
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2021, 04:39:23 pm »
Hello again !

To everyone struggling with only one side that illuminates, I think I've got a fix !

You need to solder another little wire between 2 points. Not easy to explain, photos will speak better.

I already done the mod from @SI-R32 (thanks a lot to you) but as many of you, I got only one side that illuminate.

Do some tests and referring to a photo of another wiring, I found a way to illuminate both sides.

Hello, is this mk7 steering wheel in a mk5 GTI?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:40:57 pm by davidpalen »

Offline embryo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2021, 07:04:47 pm »
Hello again !

Hello, it's a scirocco 2015 steering wheel (which is the same as the mk7 Golf, except the cruise control) on a mk5 tdi  :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

Offline LegendaryAllen

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2021, 06:49:43 am »
Nice work. Do you have a link to the original illumination mod please… TIA 🙏🏾

Offline embryo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2021, 02:02:56 pm »
Nice work. Do you have a link to the original illumination mod please… TIA 🙏🏾

Yes it's on the page 4 of this topic : https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87812.msg999999.html#msg999999

Offline Tokigt

• Thank You
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2021, 02:20:34 am »
hi! new here but read this thread like 10 times but still cant figure out how i can fix the problem i got. I got a wheel whitout cc/acc buttons and changed the module to 1K0953549CH got all buttons working but dont illuminate and thats fine for me.
the problem for me is that i get code "00778 - Sensor for steering angle no or incorrect basic setting / adaptation statically". so i got no power steering. can this be coded or not becuse of the PQ platfrom and not MQB?
as i read @Alphatier did get a 5k0 953 569 T, did this sort out that problem?
I drive a 05 mk5 gti

greatful for any help, thanks (:

Offline cship

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2021, 11:22:32 am »
Hi,

Is there anything extra needed,  wiring loom wise to put this wheel with non cruise control version into a MK6 GTI ?

As i have the opportunity to get my hands on a mk7 gti steering wheel, which if i am not wrong seems to be the same steering wheel as the polo gti.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:38:22 am by cship »

Offline Latiino94

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2021, 12:53:06 am »
Hello again !

Hello, it's a scirocco 2015 steering wheel (which is the same as the mk7 Golf, except the cruise control) on a mk5 tdi  :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

Hi there!
I saw ur comment about the steering wheel for mk5
I need some help from you? I have bought the steering wheel and module from a seller who have installed on her golf mk5
Do you have Facebook?