Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti  (Read 107070 times)

Offline Elliothancock

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Mk7 steering wheel into mk5 gti
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2021, 03:44:56 pm »
Hey Guys'N'Gals! Sorry to be bringing up an old but continued thread. Im 99% of the way to success. I done the previous MOD and successfully got one side illuminated. I was going to go and do the second MOD to get the second side working, however the layout of my buttons are different. (2H0959442)

Anyone any advice to get the mod working on mine?

Hello again !

To everyone struggling with only one side that illuminates, I think I've got a fix !

You need to solder another little wire between 2 points. Not easy to explain, photos will speak better.

I already done the mod from @SI-R32 (thanks a lot to you) but as many of you, I got only one side that illuminate.

Do some tests and referring to a photo of another wiring, I found a way to illuminate both sides.

And lights goes on ! Both sides !

Hope it helps some of you.

Cheers  :drinking:

Offline Elliothancock

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2021, 05:21:16 pm »
***SOLVED***

OK, just incase anyone else comes across this for help. I worked out where the second wire needs to be attached to get both sets of lights to work.

PLEASE NOTE, the is for unit No. 2H0959442

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2021, 07:25:04 pm »
That looks seriously good 👍  if you ever consider doing this as a sideline I would love to get the mk7 steering wheel and some updated dials fitted :-)

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2022, 08:13:10 pm »
Using the car more and more at the track and less on public roads I decided to swap the chunky mk5 GTI steering wheel for a thinner easier to grip, especially with racing gloves, mk7 GTI steering wheel.
I went thru the thread 2 times but I'm still not sure if I got this right. I can get even a mfsw with cruise mk7 steering wheel and just the buttons will not work but paddles will work. If I want to get the buttons working I need to get modules without cruise control and replace them. Is this correct?
I see that polo 6c flat bottom steering wheels are quite cheap. Is the steering wheel outside perimeter the same as mk7 gti? Are the steering wheels from the following pictures the same? (the outline not buttons, airbag etc)

Offline Atomic41

• Thank You
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2022, 11:49:10 pm »
I have a MK5 R32 and I want to install the MK7 Golf R steering wheel in my car

I see xhorse.pl sell a multifonction module + emulator but to fit it in my car

is it all I need :

Clock Spring : 5K0953569BC or 5K0953549B (don't know which one)
CH Rev steering wheel module (do I really need this part ?)
Cruise control button (I can VCDS to change them from the stick to the steering button ?)
VCDS Coding

Thanks for your help guys

Offline Wastedspark

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2024, 08:15:49 am »
Morning all,

Slight change to the thread,

I have a mk5 GTI manual and want to fit a mk7 steering wheel, I’m not bothered if any of the buttons work, can I bolt it in with the air bag and will the bag and horn work? Or is there more required?

Thanks Martin