Make a donation

Author Topic: Traceys Grey Bagged MK5 - 14/02/16  (Read 22882 times)

Offline Tracey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87962.0.html
Re: Traceys Grey Bagged MK5 - 18/03/15
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2015, 03:58:56 pm »
Yeah! That was for a 2.0 GTI! I was shocked myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ephemeross

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • @supptora
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2015, 08:33:22 pm »
Such a nice car :) Really like the RH wheels, kinda different.
2007 Reflex Silver GT TDI 170 @ 187 BHP / 313 lbft.
Instagram: @supptora

Offline D_Philli_82

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2015, 07:39:49 am »
I'd sell if I were you....the 1.9 is so restricted to what you can do without paying through the tooth for it....big brakes need loads of changes....hubs, suspension etc....5speed gearbox if your looking to go much faster than standard map (unless u have the 6speed)...if u can go for the GTI do it... Looks great though..!!

VW Golf mk5 1.9tdi 150

MK5 1.9TDI 150Bhp

Offline Tracey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2015, 09:06:23 pm »
I'd sell if I were you....the 1.9 is so restricted to what you can do without paying through the tooth for it....big brakes need loads of changes....hubs, suspension etc....5speed gearbox if your looking to go much faster than standard map (unless u have the 6speed)...if u can go for the GTI do it... Looks great though..!!

VW Golf mk5 1.9tdi 150

Decided to keep it, Just started a new job so doing a few bits and fixing the air suspension properly at the moment to lay frame and a new boot build.Will get new wheels in the new year and a few more small bits. I will think about changing around this time next year as I should know if im full time  :happy2:

Offline D_Philli_82

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2015, 10:43:17 pm »
Nice...if you're only looking to make cosmetic changes then all good....look forward to seeing the new wheels

MK5 1.9TDI 150Bhp

Offline Tracey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »
So, bit of an update good & bad... I got my front struts re built so I could get lower on the front and I am very happy with them.  I tried on a friends 19" Vossen's yesterday for size as I'm getting new wheels soon and not sure weather to go for 18/19" .. Opinions? I also got the back 3 windows tinted at 35% and I am delghted with it, makes it look a bit more sporty and less of a 5 door  :grin:
Thinking of getting Rotifrom IND or IND-T's in either 18/19... :confused: not quiet sure.

I also took out my DA polisher for the first time last week to try bring my B pillars back to there former glory, came out well in my opinion. (After on left/before on right)

I got round to buying some magnets from Ebay for my number plate.  Haven't actually drove the car yet so hopefully they'll stick.

Also picked up a new Headunit from a friend breaking a MK5, not sure the make of it but im over the moon with it.  has Maps, DVD, BT ,USB and car information. Paid £175 for it and taught it was definitely worth it.

Picked up an airlift 4 gallon tank instead of my 5 gallon chunky one. Re-did my boot build with carpet from only charged dubs, picked up 4 compressor silencers from Ebay and they definitely help with the vibrations. Overall I'm very happy with it as I didn't want anything over the top.

Another small update is that I painted my calipers as they were a bit shook!

So... the bad news, Had my struts replaced 2 weeks ago and the power sterring light has come on. I got it tracked yesterday and the front was a good bit out but its perfect now, I taught this could have been the problem but light is still on after fault was cleared. The code is :
00573 - Power steering torque sensor - faulty sensor - intermittent.
I have read up online and seems like a need pump will be needed. Has anyone had this issue before and are they any other things I can try that could solve the problem. The power steering is fine its just the light??

I ordered a VCDS cable last week so I should have that tomorrow  :smiley:

Offline ashvag0

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • candy white gti
Re: Traceys Grey Bagged MK5 - 14/02/16
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2016, 04:59:19 pm »
Stunning motor