Make a donation

Author Topic: Blacksmoke Remap for MK5 Golf TDi BKD 140  (Read 3236 times)

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Blacksmoke Remap for MK5 Golf TDi BKD 140
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:21:09 pm »
Ive had a fair few niggles with this car as late ( i put up a thread the other day ) but ive now sorted most of them ive got ZERO fault codes on vagcom and the only 2 problems I have are slight turbo whine and i hate the gutless map on it. Its as flat as a witches tit under 2000k, there is literally no pull till you hit above 2000, the turbo is fine, no boost leaks, no fault codes, its just the way its mapped i think, its standard so never been remapped.

Anyway i was going to take it a local tuner but was told not to as all they do is wind the boost and fuelling up and youl find yourself needing a clutch, flywheel and turbo within weeks.

Id seen these blacksmoke remaps when i was looking at getting my MK4 done but headgasket went on that before I had chance to.

I understand you buy a cable of some sort off eBay and then send your map to blacksmoke and theyl send you a map file back to load onto the ECU ? Is this safe to do with minimal chances of it going tits up? Im not sure if the blacksmoke guy is on here, i was on UKMKIVS before but it seems dead on there when it comes to MK5 related stuff

Im not fussed about BHP and torque, i just want it to pull through the rev range better, i want the power to come in around 1500 revs not 2250 and then massive oooof in torque/power.

Cheers

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Blacksmoke Remap for MK5 Golf TDi BKD 140
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:30:15 pm »
Hello no  Bob isn't on  here :sad1:As for sending a file to us load isn't a good idea as it can't be lived map.Get in touch with Dark side developments who only tune diesels

Offline Mat

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Blacksmoke Remap for MK5 Golf TDi BKD 140
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 09:36:30 pm »
I've just had my centre silencer deleted on my edition 30. Was surprised at the difference it makes.