All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner

<< < (70/198) > >>

dansmith180:

--- Quote from: Shoduchi on November 27, 2015, 08:59:21 pm ---Nice upgrade! Big and light like we like them! :congrats:

R32 rear setup? New calipers and brackets aren't that expensive if you order TRW parts. Getting good pads it's what makes it a bit heavy on the wallet, in my opinion. :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Yeah I've bought pads discs and hoses for an R32 rear kit already. Problem is I bought drilled and grooved to match my current fronts but they won't match my new ones, also I can't find grooved ones with the exact same pattern and if they're different it will annoy me (OCD).

Already have some plain 282mm rear discs and I believe the braided hoses for R32 fit normal GTI's so might just try the normal rears with braided lines and good pads. Christian with the BTCC MK5 said he finds it OK with these fronts and well set up standard rears so will try that since its lighter and cheaper. Or may try the caddy rear caliper mod.

dansmith180:

--- Quote from: maxitrol on November 27, 2015, 09:23:31 pm ---Ooh nice Dan..just in the process of getting the same kit..be interested to see how you get on as I believe you don't need to upgrade the master cylinder..also been told I won't need spacers

--- End quote ---

Yeah I've heard MC will be fine as they're smaller pistons and only 6 for more even pad wear otherwise would be 4 like most. Also as you said need small to no spacing on a lot of wheels so should be good. Will do a review/ comparison once they're on and I can get some miles on them.

Shoduchi:
Yeah, good pads are the most important to balance the brakes, I've experience it in my GT Sport where I just upgraded the pads and the discs. Upgrading the discs can be important if the pads are very aggressive, it would help in the long run to keep everything running well.

Braided lines are all the same in the rear. In the front just the R32 calipers require an angled banjo end, instead of a straight banjo end.

The R32 rear setup for me has the advantage of better cooling so it will withstand more heat, nothing else, since the rear is quite light. :smiley:

dansmith180:
Cheers for the info  :happy2:

I'll probably just splash on some good pads and do the braided hoses then on the standard rears.

Then time for RARB, ALK and dogbone insert, also some metal gear shift bushings.

dansmith180:






Went and visited the car yesterday. The new intercooler has arrived so this one can be removed and the new one fitted. Then its just the RS4 FPRV, R8 coilpacks, boost gauge put her back together and map it then she's done. Provided there's no big hiccups I will have her back next Saturday  :jumpmove:  :jumpmove:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version