All Things Mk5 > Members Rides
Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner
Dave J:
Sounds like a pretty quick car now - pleased to read you've tuned it for driveability rather than headline figures!
Really ought to visit you at Elite to see this beast, especially seeing as you're just down the road from me..., but worried it would cause me to spend yet more money on the ED30 :grin:
dansmith180:
--- Quote from: Dave J on December 06, 2015, 04:28:43 pm ---Sounds like a pretty quick car now - pleased to read you've tuned it for driveability rather than headline figures!
Really ought to visit you at Elite to see this beast, especially seeing as you're just down the road from me..., but worried it would cause me to spend yet more money on the ED30 :grin:
--- End quote ---
Yeah mate come down, pick a dry day and I'll show you what she can do :evilgrin:. Or pick a wet day and bring some spare pants :laugh:
Andy:
--- Quote from: dansmith180 on December 06, 2015, 12:19:34 am ---
--- Quote from: maxitrol on December 05, 2015, 06:58:30 pm ---Are them brakes on
--- End quote ---
Nice one Dan
Going to order the brake kit this week with the ebc yellow pads for the rear
--- Quote from: dansmith180 on December 06, 2015, 12:19:34 am ---
--- Quote from: maxitrol on December 05, 2015, 06:58:30 pm ---Are them brakes on
--- End quote ---
Not yet mate as they're being painted red ATM since they only come in black from Forge, will probably go on in a few weeks with the rear anti roll bar and rear brake upgrades I have planned.
--- End quote ---
Not yet mate as they're being painted red ATM since they only come in black from Forge, will probably go on in a few weeks with the rear anti roll bar and rear brake upgrades I have planned.
--- End quote ---
Nice one mate,going to order the brake kit this week direct of forge if they will match jbs motor sport price.Also going to change the rear pads to the yellow ones
th3_f15t:
Liking how this has turned out, I do miss the punchy power of the K03 turbo but a K04 for sheer grunt is not to be sniffed at! I'm still adjusting to the different nature of the engine compared to my GTI but slowly getting there.
dansmith180:
--- Quote from: th3_f15t on December 06, 2015, 04:54:14 pm ---Liking how this has turned out, I do miss the punchy power of the K03 turbo but a K04 for sheer grunt is not to be sniffed at! I'm still adjusting to the different nature of the engine compared to my GTI but slowly getting there.
--- End quote ---
Yeah no doubt that for balls out performance K04 upwards DSG and 4WD is the winning combination but I would probably lose my licence too quickly :laugh:.
Also I find this car a challenge to drive now, it's easy as can be on a long motorway drive and fine through town although clutch is a bit heavier and with the new lower dogbone mount (vibratecnics) a bit more vibration in the cabin. However when you get her out on the open road and want to find the limit you have to really concentrate.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version