Make a donation

Author Topic: nurburgring!!  (Read 16263 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
nurburgring!!
« on: October 31, 2008, 12:34:08 pm »
right, scene as it cannot be moved now as this is a WHOLE MK5 SECTION  :happy2: would anybody be interested in going next year?? i think mat is going and a few others, but now theres a thred if anybody fancies adding anything too this, id personally love 1 big forum cruise down, would be amazing  :happy2:

even TT can come in his RS4   :jumpmove:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: nurburgring!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 12:44:42 pm »
I'd love to go to the "green hell".  But I would be seriously cautious - I would really want 'ring participants to have done at least one normal UK track day beforehand, as the ring can be lethal.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:50:39 pm »
As said before im very interested, but currently in the process of organising one with a few work pals to go during the Le Mans weekend in June as it's supposed to be a bit quieter!  :drinking:

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:54:41 pm »
Would love to do a road trip down but i honestly cannot see myself being able to afford it next year  :ashamed: :ashamed:

Be sure to put up loads of pic though to make me wish i went  :laugh: :laugh:
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 01:40:18 pm »
Very much up for this, never been before and it is something I wanna do before I get rid of the ED30  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 01:58:01 pm »
I think maybe we should orgainise sommat closer to home first though.  I quite liked the idea of Bedford Autodrome which JV tried to organise.

I really wouldn't want to go to the Nurburgring with any track day virgins - not a safe place if you can't keep yourself under control.
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 02:11:45 pm »
i went and i was a track virgin  :driver: :P u just drive within your limits

and the drive there is ace  :wink: so count me in

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 02:13:57 pm »
I think maybe we should orgainise sommat closer to home first though.  I quite liked the idea of Bedford Autodrome which JV tried to organise.

I really wouldn't want to go to the Nurburgring with any track day virgins - not a safe place if you can't keep yourself under control.

Oh well... I guess thats TC excluded  :evilgrin:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

Yebut, not everyone can behave themselves.  Just look at that tw@t who pranged the RS4 at Castle Coombe!  :fighting:

Ahh, but it is a million times better to drive all the way down to Bavaria and the Alps.  The German/Swiss/Austrian Alps really are absolutely amazing.  And so are the Pyrennese too.  And the Massif Centrale in France.  :wink:  :driver:
------

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 02:30:55 pm »

Yebut, not everyone can behave themselves.  Just look at that tw@t who pranged the RS4 at Castle Coombe!  :fighting:

Ahh, but it is a million times better to drive all the way down to Bavaria and the Alps.  The German/Swiss/Austrian Alps really are absolutely amazing.  And so are the Pyrennese too.  And the Massif Centrale in France.  :wink:  :driver:

that rs4 was a loan car aswell :sad: and i would be up for a bigger drive aswell :driver:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 02:49:38 pm »

that rs4 was a loan car aswell :sad: and i would be up for a bigger drive aswell :driver:

so would I, you can count me in on that one, i was probsbly going to do the alps after the nurburgring (in the same trip) make a week of it  :drinking:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 02:50:10 pm »

Yup, did you see how "cocky" the little sh!te was after he had got out the car - he certainly angered quite a few at Combe with not only his driving, but also his attitude.  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:
------

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 04:01:40 pm »

Yup, did you see how "cocky" the little sh!te was after he had got out the car - he certainly angered quite a few at Combe with not only his driving, but also his attitude.  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:

no i have just seen the footage when the side airbags go off  :sad: what a merchant banker and y would you take a loan car around a track as its not yours. what did he do after the crash?

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 04:13:03 pm »

no i have just seen the footage when the side airbags go off  :sad: what a merchant banker and y would you take a loan car around a track as its not yours. what did he do after the crash?

I think he got someone (his dad, so I heard) to borrow it for the weekend, for an extended test drive (yes, Audi will do that!), but then thought he would be clever and thash it on a track day.  So he wasn't even insured to drive it, only his dad, and only on normal public roads.

And I think that it was his attitude before the prang that got other peoples backs up.  Off the track, he was just being generally cocky and obnoxious.  On the track, before the prang, he kept repeatedly trying to get the back end out, and was generally being really scary, to other cars on the track too.  It was said that the marshals were going to black flag him at the end of that session anyway - but sadly, for the car, he didn't make it to the end of the session.

I heard that immediately after the prang, his cocky attitude didn't really change initially, but somone must have talked sense into him (hopefully with the aid of a few size 12 steel toe caps to the 'nads), and he sneaked off.  W4nker!
------

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 04:14:10 pm »
Where's the footage?  :surprised:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic