Make a donation

Author Topic: 2 Door Black MK5 GTi - AirliftPerformance  (Read 33584 times)

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
2 Door Black MK5 GTi - AirliftPerformance
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:05:53 pm »
Golf GTi MK5 06' - Black - 27,000 Miles.
Hey Guys, This will be my first Build Thread as i'm pretty new to the forum.
I Have been In Love with Mk5 Golf GTI's for a long time, and the time had come to buy myself one after a Long Awaited saving Period!  i decided to make a Build thread, for both my personal Log of all the little bits that i do to the car over time, and also to share with others alike, gather and share new ideas! :happy2:
Any opinions and ideas are welcome so Post Away, its always nice to hear peoples feedback!  :jumping:
Big Dreams and ideas with this one want to create something different, and something that represents me and the things that i Love about this car. ill keep you posted along the way on its journey to show Car Worthy Condition!  :grin:

Recent Cambelt and WaterPump done and A Full Service. as it says above i have just clocked over 27,000 miles after a good drive up to Norwich last weekend. (I Am from Kent) it was a Solid 2/3 hour drive, but it gave the car a good run and was a pleasure to drive,  It is a Manual Box too!

A Few Specs:
-Climate Control
-17" Diamond Cut Monza's
-Auto Wipers
-Auto Lights
-Tartan Interior Which i would take over Leather any day.
the Condition is immaculate to say the least!
And all of the other usual bits and pieces too many to list.
The only downside is there is no sunroof! but with the spec, condition and mileage i couldn't say no!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:21:27 am by FamousGTI »

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: The Start of a New Era - MK5 GTi - Journey to the Top
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:19:21 pm »
Get some piccy's up! What's the plan for the car then? Or are you going to see what comes around?

I'm assuming it will be on air?  :innocent:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:56 pm »
Photos are going up as we Speak Mate. Yes, i have got a few big plans, i hope to get it on air for Next years Show Season! in the mean time some smaller touches, like:

- Exhaust Turbo back system (Done)
- Re-Map (Done)
- Smoothed US Chrome front grill (Done)
- Oem Touchscreen Headunit (Done)
- Ed30 front Splitter or Votex - (Still Looking for one!!)
- R32 rear bumper (Done)
- Shorter Ariel (Done)
- GTI Seat Inserts (Done)
- Key Emblem stickers (Done)
- Valeo LED Rear Tails (Done)
- Glass wiper Blank Insert (Done)
- Xenon headlights
- I Want to pick up VAGCOM at some point giving me access to turning on the DLR indicators
- LED Bulbs all round, in and out.
- Mk6 Steering wheel
- Mk6 Edition 35 Gear Knob and Gator

Once i get the car looking how i want it too, i can then start branching out into performance Mods, it has plenty of power for me to have fun with at the moment, after all i want it to be a show car. that's not saying i wont be doing plenty of performance bits in the future though, starting with the exhaust and Re-Map.

For now, Work on the surface Mods until i get the Air fitted late summer; Hopefully in time to show it off at Editon38, and then it is on to wheels!  :grin:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:42:26 pm by FamousGTI »

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »
Went out and got some photos when there was a gap in the weather today. Needs a clean but i think they came out okay. Also did some photoshopping' to get a feel of how it will look once bagged for next show season. What do you think?  :grin:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:33:50 am »
I will Try and get some more photos up during the week, Just waiting on some Last minute cleaning gear to get it looking its best. snow-foam lance, jet wash and a good set of Meguiars + Auto-finesse should do the trick!  :evilgrin: :laugh:

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 12:33:14 pm »
If you want to have some serious lows while driving about, you might want to look into Still Static;

http://still-static.com/

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline rosscoe63

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »
look forward to following progress :-)

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 10:47:25 am »
Look forward to seeing what you do with this :happy2:
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:13 pm »
Small Update: Bought some of these Aluminium GTI Seat wrench inserts; Love these small OEM type touches that make a big difference with the look of the car!  :grin: :grin:

I also have a Chrome Stripped US spec front grill on the way, so ill get that fitted when it arrives! i also havn't had a chance to give the car a clean since buying it due to work commitments, and the weather being so terrible! if the weather holds up tomorrow i shall try and get out there for a few hours and give it a blast with the snowfoam and a good wax/Detail!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:54:08 pm by FamousGTI »

Offline jake-w07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 08:39:17 pm »
Looking good mate similar to my black gti ive just ordered some of the seat wrenchs look so much better with them on. Ive just fit a non res milltek catback with gt80 tips sounds and looks soo much better now

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 10:59:40 pm »
Looking good mate similar to my black gti ive just ordered some of the seat wrenchs look so much better with them on. Ive just fit a non res milltek catback with gt80 tips sounds and looks soo much better now

Cheers Buddy, Yes it makes it look so much smarter, just adds something else to the interior! ah, nice man, is this a side exit twin tip that you have got? i am really stuck between sticking with a side exit or R32'ing the rear end and get two centre exit's! :scared: :ashamed:

Offline Wayne D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 7
  • MKV GTI Pirelli
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 09:28:27 am »
Very nice, health to enjoy. They really are great cars!

Offline jake-w07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 02:00:52 pm »

Cheers Buddy, Yes it makes it look so much smarter, just adds something else to the interior! ah, nice man, is this a side exit twin tip that you have got? i am really stuck between sticking with a side exit or R32'ing the rear end and get two centre exit's! :scared: :ashamed:

Ive got the twin side exit with standard rear valance looks pretty good, but yeah the r32 twin exit in the centre does look alot nicer

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 11:51:18 pm »
Evening, some big changes on the horizon, Mods are coming in thick and fast!  :jumping: :jumping: I still have not had chance to get out and take some good pictures of the new Chrome Stripped grille, the weather has been horrendous and by the time i finish work it is dark!  :sick:

I went a bit mad on a spending spree and purchased a few parts:

- White Centre Valeo LED Tail lights. Very excited to get these on, love the look they give to the rear end! found a New set on Ebay, for Just under £280 from germany, well worth the money Imo.

- R32 Rear bumper Valance.  i had a big debate and many hours scrolling through the forums as to go OEM or a Good replica part... OEM parts were going for £280-350, i would then need to get a respray so i was looking at well over £400 quid and thats before a £1,000 exhaust system!  :confused:
 so i decided to go for a replica part, but not a single cast bumper,  as i wanted the lower cutout valance to come away from the main bumper, i felt they have a little more depth within their look, also a lot similar to the original part! that will be on its way the the body-shop for paint when it arrives. Looking to get a full system custom made for the mk5 too over the next month or so, want it to sound and look crazy, i have always been a fan of the r32 rear end, much more aggressive and wider. so decided to take the plunge!

I Also ended up buying a few smaller details

- New VW Logo Key badges as they hard worn away on my Key Fob.
-OEM VW Bottle opener to go within the sliding compartment Under the arm rest, the cutout was getting on my nerves  :laugh:

Only small things but things that need doing. I will be updating you with pictures as the parts arrive, and will let you know on the fitment of bumper and lights, if anyone was unsure much like i was about going OEM or replica parts the R32 rear end, hopefully i can solve a few of these questions!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:53:57 pm by FamousGTI »

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 11:57:32 pm »
Much Better!  :congrats: