Make a donation

Author Topic: 2 Door Black MK5 GTi - AirliftPerformance  (Read 33586 times)

Offline Chedburn

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: The Start of a New Era - MK5 GTi - Journey to the Top
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 09:30:35 am »
Very nice low mile example! The key fob emblem was my first mod too haha.

Excited to hear how the R32 rear goes. Do you have a link for the valance?
Cheers

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 12:28:07 pm »
Which R32 rear did you go for? It's something that I've been toying with as well, but like you I'm not sure if I can justify the cost of a genuine part.

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Yorkie92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 01:02:19 pm »
You have done the same things as me haha, I know what you mean with the cutout for the bottle opener :happy2:
Really low miles and nice spec :smiley:

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 03:44:51 pm »
She looks like a nice clean base to start your modding with.   :drinking:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 07:03:50 pm »
You have done the same things as me haha, I know what you mean with the cutout for the bottle opener :happy2:
Really low miles and nice spec :smiley:

Cheers buddy! i know i kept looking at the bottle opener cutout and needed something to go there!   :laugh: :laugh:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:48 pm »
She looks like a nice clean base to start your modding with.   :drinking:

Thanks man!  :grin:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 07:08:11 pm »
Which R32 rear did you go for? It's something that I've been toying with as well, but like you I'm not sure if I can justify the cost of a genuine part.

Very nice low mile example! The key fob emblem was my first mod too haha.

Excited to hear how the R32 rear goes. Do you have a link for the valance?
Cheers

Cheers for the comments everyone, much appreciated!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

The Link to the R32 Rear Valance is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-R32-REAR-BUMPER-REAR-VALANCE-MK5-GTI-TDI-GT-R32-FSI-NEW-BEST-QUALITY/181633249141?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3Da38b0e2500b74d85866cbbba27fbb55f%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140107083358%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D281361097419
It was a little more expensive than the single cast bumpers which were around £100, but as said before i wanted a more OEM approach!
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:10:02 pm by FamousGTI »

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 07:23:19 pm »
congrats and welcome to mk5 ownership. Its a great little car for sure. Just decided to keep mine for a bit longer so have some more OEM+ upgrades planned.

very low mileage one you have there. Jealous.

Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 08:07:51 pm »
congrats and welcome to mk5 ownership. Its a great little car for sure. Just decided to keep mine for a bit longer so have some more OEM+ upgrades planned.

Thankyou, loving every minute of it so far!  :laugh: What you planning for yours man? haha, Yeah something i really wanted to try and get is a low mileage car i didn't mind spending a little more, gives me a bit of peace of mind!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 08:11:25 pm »

Thankyou, loving every minute of it so far!  :laugh: What you planning for yours man? haha, Yeah something i really wanted to try and get is a low mileage car i didn't mind spending a little more, gives me a bit of peace of mind!

I've already done a lot. Planning retrofit OEM DAB ariel adapter and bluetooth or MDI. Also bigger brakes. More sound deadening. replace all bushes and shocks.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:05 pm »

I've already done a lot. Planning retrofit OEM DAB ariel adapter and bluetooth or MDI. Also bigger brakes. More sound deadening. replace all bushes and shocks.

sounds good to me! i am thinking of DAB + New HeadUnit and some bigger brakes later on in the year, so many things to upgrade and buy!

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »
I managed to get a few snaps of the car and the Front Grille at the weekend, Currently have the number plate cable tied to the lower grille, looks a lot more aggressive without the front number plate!

One of the Engine bay Looking to get some black cap lids for the coolant and washer bottle get rid of the blue. Also an audi R8 Oil cap.

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 09:39:41 pm »
The valeo's arrived today as well...  :grin: :drool: :laugh: :jumping:

These will be fitted as soon as possible, more pictures to follow!

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 09:59:28 pm »
Valeo Rear Lights have been fitted.. i cannot believe how much better they look than the red originals! i am in love with them, the red outers are like a deep cherry red which really compliment the white centres! :jumping:
fitting was pretty simple, Some of the Bolts are a little difficult to get to when removing the old lights, but the whole job took less than an hour. :drinking:

One Light removed, i gave it a quick clean ready for the new ones to fit in. to remove: There are 2 Nut/bolts which are underneath the boot lining on each side, Unclip the wiring loom and the lights come free! the boot Lid Lights are a little harder, we ended up un-clipping the boot Trim so that a wrench could get to the Nuts that were in a tricky space!

A comparison to the original lights (Left) and Valeo's (Right) still with plastic coating on!  :ashamed:

Both fitted, i couldn't be happier with them.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:43:30 am by FamousGTI »

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 10:02:55 pm »
will look even better if you swap that red fog lens for a nice clear one.. I've done this on mine. Lack of symmetry makes me itch!! lol