Make a donation

Author Topic: Operating Temperature Not Reaching 90  (Read 20468 times)

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Operating Temperature Not Reaching 90
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 06:20:19 pm »
Right guys....took mine to VW for the thermostat today. Dropped it off at 1pm.... get a call at 2pm saying that its going to take longer than they thought and probably won't be done for today. They told me its because they did the quote wrong and only put labour down for changing the in-line thermostat and not the main thermostat. So right part wrong labour.....nothing is ever straight forward! So no car for work tomorrow... and the bill will be more than the original quote! Whats your opinions on this? Anyone else had this with a garage before? Depending on what they say i may go ape s**t as i cant be affording a big bill  :scared:

Offline paulmni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »
Got mine back yesterday and it now stays at 90 solid after about 3 mins from cold :). They also took the liberty of changing coil pack under a recall warranty thing. All for a cool £200. Well worth it. Car seems even more snappier now :). Glad I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline paulmni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 06:28:18 pm »
And that was the main thermostat at a Vw Main dealer. Thought I got a decent deal.

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »
And that was the main thermostat at a Vw Main dealer. Thought I got a decent deal.

Sounds promising then as mine never hit temp even after 20mins haha! Did you pay £200 all it then? Main dealer? I got quoted £162 but looks like it will be more now....

Offline paulmni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 06:33:35 pm »
202 to be precise. Mine did sit at 90 for a while in traffic. Never longer than a few minutes. Sat at 70 most of the time. VW in Mallusk (Northern Ireland). With a courtesy car for the day. Left in at 8am and done for 4pm :). Can't praise them enough.

Offline paulmni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 06:34:19 pm »
I was quoted about £160 and I had to source the part. No courtesy car either. So with the free coil pack included it's win win.

Offline paulmni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 06:34:49 pm »
£160 from a local 3rd party garage*

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »
Nice one! Same as mine used to do that so should be fixed tomorrow. They haven't offered me a courtesy car...but if its £200 i don't mind paying £40quid more. Shall see! Good to know what someone else paid at a dealer cheers  :happy2:

Offline paulmni

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 06:57:29 pm »
No worries. Thought it was pretty damn good. They did mention they ordered the wrong thermostat but had the right one from TPS in minutes :D

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »
I paid £224 all in at a vw main dealer so sounds about right
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »
Got the car back today and they honoured their quote so all good! Massive difference now with the temp....gets to 90 in no time and stays there as it should!  :happy2:

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 08:39:53 am »
Good stuff!!

Offline alesypalsy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2021, 10:04:43 pm »
Hi guys, i know this a very old thread,  old cars are still around,   so i am having this temp issue with my mk6 golf TDi 1.6 DSG,   I brought the car couple weeks ago sold as seen, it get s up to temp after ages , the when i turn on the interior heaters the temp drops to 70odd,,, if i give the car some power it will warm up again ,  so i thought it must be the thermostat , I found a garage that i thought was honest who quoted me £130 to change it,,
So today they say they  changed it and when i went to collect it they first tried to charge me more money as said they had to remove fuel rail and manifold,, I thought this could be done with just removing the throttle body and some decent tools according to Utube, anyway i got the car back after explaining i was not going to pay any extra,,,,,
I drove up road and the car is exactly the same as before it went in there,
I popped the bonnet and its difficult to see but the thermostat did not look new,   i am now thinking i have been ripped off to the sum of £130 , and worse of all my car is not repaired,  I am going to a friends tomorrow who has a camera that is on a cable and we shall inspect if the part is new ,,,, I was not given the old part back when i collected the car, although i didnt think to ask for it.

Any one have any idea if this could be somthing else,   also if the car is sitting and ticking over the temp will go down to about 65-70
any wise minds
thanks