Make a donation

Author Topic: Coding out post-cat lambda  (Read 2381 times)

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
Coding out post-cat lambda
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:01:34 pm »
Hello,

My Gti came with a Superchips remap, I'm looking at adding a decat...does anyone know if the standard superchips map codes out the post-cat lambda?

The reason I ask is my brother has an ED30 with a superchips map and a decat and if he turns his map off his EML comes on, so on his the sensor is clearly coded out. Is this a standard thing? Or will I need to get the map adjusted for the decat?

Thanks

Dom

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Coding out post-cat lambda
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:26:31 pm »

If they won't code it out, I believe some people use a spacer between the exhaust & the sensor to try and prevent the MiL

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:39:58 pm »

If they won't code it out, I believe some people use a spacer between the exhaust & the sensor to try and prevent the MiL

Thanks, I know that they will code it out because they've done so on my ED30. I was wondering if it was a standard feature of the map or something additional that you had to ask for.

I tried a spacer with my old MK4 but it didn't work.

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Reecey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:43:44 pm »
what was the outcome with this?? im in same boat, brought my car with decat, bluefin map and EML on
05 Gti
Lowered
Bluefin Stage 2