Make a donation

Author Topic: Highline Cluster Upgrade Info and FAQ's  (Read 47230 times)

Offline Ben_VTR

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Highline Cluster Upgrade Info and FAQ's
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2020, 10:05:54 am »
Could it be that my current slip ring is causing issues between the steering control module and the cruise control.

Going by Ross tech wiki, for the 1K0 953 549 CH module, I need a Type 2 slip ring, either 1K0-959-653-C or 1K0-959-653-D

Would my 2007 midline Jetta have a different slip ring as standard? I’ve asked my mechanic for the part number off the current cruise stalk and slip ring to try and get to the bottom of it.

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2020, 10:07:07 am »
Stalk revision G. Your slip ring is ok
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline ricsne2010

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2021, 11:22:07 pm »
Ok.... heres one for you all - I just recently completed a low-line to high-line cluster upgrade on my 2008 Jetta S 2.5.....

After months (and I mean MONTHS) of reading online and research, parts, tools, software, etc.... The surgery was a complete success....

Except.....

For some reason, I cannot seem to access the convenience menu via the MFD+.... I have installed a MFSW (4 button on the left and right - not the fancy toggle keypad style) - have the correct clock spring, airbag module, steering wheel module (from what I can tell) and the correct canbus....

(at the same time I did this, I also installed a RNS510...which has minor issues but thats another question in another forum)

The immo was no big deal as I was able to pull the codes from the old cluster and the new using VVDI - as well as pair my keys (the old cluster listed them out of the IMMO settings using teh VVDI 2020 software)

But.... with VCSD, I cannot seem to find a setting to gain access to the convenience menus via the MFD (I do have access to a "setup" menu via the MFD - as well as the Navigation messages from the RNS510 - no bluetooth settings are available from the MFD also.....)

I can attach images and links to a short video, as well as the VCSD dumps .....

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2021, 01:14:06 am »
Ok.... heres one for you all - I just recently completed a low-line to high-line cluster upgrade on my 2008 Jetta S 2.5.....

After months (and I mean MONTHS) of reading online and research, parts, tools, software, etc.... The surgery was a complete success....

Except.....

For some reason, I cannot seem to access the convenience menu via the MFD+.... I have installed a MFSW (4 button on the left and right - not the fancy toggle keypad style) - have the correct clock spring, airbag module, steering wheel module (from what I can tell) and the correct canbus....

You need to code it in the CCM providing you have a high version CCM

(at the same time I did this, I also installed a RNS510...which has minor issues but thats another question in another forum)

The immo was no big deal as I was able to pull the codes from the old cluster and the new using VVDI - as well as pair my keys (the old cluster listed them out of the IMMO settings using teh VVDI 2020 software)

But.... with VCSD, I cannot seem to find a setting to gain access to the convenience menus via the MFD (I do have access to a "setup" menu via the MFD - as well as the Navigation messages from the RNS510 - no bluetooth settings are available from the MFD also.....)

I can attach images and links to a short video, as well as the VCSD dumps .....

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline maezp

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2022, 11:27:07 am »
Hi all,
I am new on this forum, I just googled it few days ago and saw that there are some guys here that might help me about upgrading my 2005 GTI cluster to highline one.
I have 1K6 920 860 E in my car instaled.
I have 2 highline clocks that I bought, one is 1K6 920 872 D and second one is just without D, so it is 1K6 920 872.

I also recently retrofited MFSW sucessfully with new type of buttons (OK button on right side).

Can one of those clusters be retrofitted in my car? If yes, what tools are needed?

I would be very greteful if someone can give me directions...

Best regards!