Make a donation

Author Topic: 615 mile round trip... Worth it for Stage 1?  (Read 6459 times)

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: 615 mile round trip... Worth it for Stage 1?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »
Damn... busted!

That was different.... that was a road trip of epic nature, not 600miles up and down the M1  :innocent:

I've got that route saved on my todo list Rich - surprised it slipped your mind :drinking:

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »
Definitely worth it. I had the same mods and a 300 mile round trip and I am very happy with my choice.

Let's face it, if you don't like to drive, you're in the wrong car and gives you chance to do a proper back to back comparison.

Dave

+1 for the above longs we've not got to drive through central London as that boils my p*ss.

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 05:32:44 pm »
Don't shoot me down! But I'm gonna say it!

As long as you go to a reputable company not some back street cowboy, isn't a remap just a remap, there's only so many parameters that can be changed and tweaked,

Friendly discussion remember ,Iv not coming me on here to step on anyone's toes. But is there any hard evidence that the R-tech maps are superior and worth travelling the length of the country to obtain.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 05:52:20 pm »

As long as you go to a reputable company not some back street cowboy, isn't a remap just a remap, there's only so many parameters that can be changed and tweaked,

Friendly discussion remember ,Iv not coming me on here to step on anyone's toes. But is there any hard evidence that the R-tech maps are superior and worth travelling the length of the country to obtain.
Hard evidence is a tricky thing to claim  as a lot of this is subjective - people hold R-Tech in high regard because they're very happy with how the map feels.

I agree, you're getting into murky waters if you say "R-Tech's maps are better" than another tuners.

However, when there are so many positive reviews going back a long long way, their maps are proven to be safe and strong, and there are thousands of happy customers, including those who have switched to R-Tech from another tuner's map, it's hard not to see them as one of the best if not the best option.

There are lots of good mappers out there, but they may be less of a known quantity than a mapper that has built their rep on the back of a proven product over the years.

I know Shark do good maps for TFSIs. Along with Unicorn, and Vince at Stealth.

I'm on an R-Tech map, after doing loads of research and asking loads of questions, and it's brilliant - I know I made the right choice. I'd always recommend them.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 08:56:03 pm »

Loads of great TFSI tuners out there, but none offer patented TIV mapping for smoothest graphs, free traction control mapping, 5 maps with switching. . . As part of £300 price. Happy to be proven wrong if there is another well respected tuner that offers all that  :happy2:

I'd travel a day each way for a map. . . Then again I've travelled 200+ miles each way for a dyno day  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:57:34 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Raj5785

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »
Definitely worth it!