Make a donation

Author Topic: Car in for Milltek and other things ;)  (Read 22552 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Car in for Milltek and other things ;)
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2008, 07:16:06 pm »
yeh im very confused by all these maps, they dont ever seem to tell you what they have done/ or are doing  :mad:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »
gutted about Robins figure!!!!!!!!! 236 after a new turbo, robin...were you not getting the same with a cracked turbo!!??

Looking back at the previous RR results, RR got 230.5 bhp. Still appears quite off. :surprised:

Philly with the milly, how's it sound? Bet you gave it loads of welly on the M27. :wink:
And the pipes - is it me or do they not stick out as much as the stock ones?

Sounds absolutley lovelly, soo smooth and a great deep burble, i will be doing a quick drive by video on a country road and the wife's gonna snap me driving past blipping the throttle so you can hear the difference for those who wanna hear the difference the milltek non res is like.

i gave chase today with vRStu down the 27 today, and kept up quite well ,although i had to hang on in a long sweeping left hander holding on for grime dealth whilst Stu was smirking :smiley:.Seriously ,if your thinking of getting a milltek, get the Non Res as its in no way anymore noisey in the cabin then on the stock pipes. They dont stick out as far and fit the tunnel spot on.The Green cotton air filter goes as a great addition giving the car better drive outa the hole feeling .For £34 , i couldnt refuse.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2008, 07:40:17 pm »
Nice one Steve :happy2:

Start of a slippery slope? :santa:
Golf R gone.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2008, 07:45:20 pm »
lol, erhh, fortunatly, my slopes thrawed out, snows melted away :wink:

What a diffence its made, chuffed is a minor discription, id be out driving now but ive drank 5 cans so far of caffreys so keys are staying on the hook  :drinking:.

:santa:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2008, 08:05:28 pm »
lol, erhh, fortunatly, my slopes thrawed out, snows melted away :wink:

What a diffence its made, chuffed is a minor discription, id be out driving now but ive drank 5 cans so far of caffreys so keys are staying on the hook  :drinking:.

:santa:

You want to have a Stage 1 Revo... then you'll be hooked  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: - especially when its only £50 to go up to Stage 2  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2008, 08:29:53 pm »
whilst Stu was smirking :smiley:

I have no idea what you mean  :P
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2008, 09:54:02 pm »
gutted about Robins figure!!!!!!!!! 236 after a new turbo, robin...were you not getting the same with a cracked turbo!!?? WTF??!! im sure you will have some kind of explanation!? :smiley:

....I'm not gutted at all. My Revo settings are turned down to less than they used to be - There is a healthy spread of torque and the curves are smooth and as they should be. The car is very driveable and has no problem getting its power down on the road - Why should I feel gutted? - Because the bhp number isn't as high as some people think it should be?

The crack was in the wastegate and not in the turbo....The ECU was compensating for the leak by increasing its demands on the boost (requests in the %90's) but this would not have been good in the longer term. So, my car was still delivering power with the boost leak present.

My boost requests are now in the %70's and so there is loads of headroom and very little stress. Everything else in the data logs is healthy - That's why I use JKM's dyno - As a diagnostic tool and health check.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2008, 10:56:59 pm »
Good news all round then  :happy2:

Nice one chaps  :jumpmove:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2008, 09:20:47 am »
gutted about Robins figure!!!!!!!!! 236 after a new turbo, robin...were you not getting the same with a cracked turbo!!?? WTF??!! im sure you will have some kind of explanation!? :smiley:

....I'm not gutted at all. My Revo settings are turned down to less than they used to be - There is a healthy spread of torque and the curves are smooth and as they should be. The car is very driveable and has no problem getting its power down on the road - Why should I feel gutted? - Because the bhp number isn't as high as some people think it should be?

The crack was in the wastegate and not in the turbo....The ECU was compensating for the leak by increasing its demands on the boost (requests in the %90's) but this would not have been good in the longer term. So, my car was still delivering power with the boost leak present.

My boost requests are now in the %70's and so there is loads of headroom and very little stress. Everything else in the data logs is healthy - That's why I use JKM's dyno - As a diagnostic tool and health check.

fair enough robin, but id have thought a stage 2 gti woud be more than 236bhp? mines run 251 with map and CAI and forge DV, just a bit confussed?!  :confused:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 10:41:51 am »
Its a dyno lottery joe, yours if it was put on jkm would only get 230approx, chris's (WHITEGTI)yesturday is stage 2 revo, full apr and was 245bhp. So yours at 251bhp on JKM rollers is a no chance in hell getting that figure. Robins again is higher state of tune then just stage 1 and a dump valve. An intercooler is not gonna give you any power increase joe as you have that and robin doesnt and nor does Chris (from memory)

All the cars need to be on the SAME set of rollers on the same day to then have a better idea.
Both cars we all thought are spot on, torque curves are all smooth, so i dont think anything wrong why they didnt get over 250.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 10:58:57 am »
Its a dyno lottery joe, yours if it was put on jkm would only get 230approx, chris's (WHITEGTI)yesturday is stage 2 revo, full apr and was 245bhp. So yours at 251bhp on JKM rollers is a no chance in hell getting that figure. Robins again is higher state of tune then just stage 1 and a dump valve. An intercooler is not gonna give you any power increase joe as you have that and robin doesnt and nor does Chris (from memory)

All the cars need to be on the SAME set of rollers on the same day to then have a better idea.
Both cars we all thought are spot on, torque curves are all smooth, so i dont think anything wrong why they didnt get over 250.

well chris's getting 245? you just confirmed, running stg 2 and apr, so the only difference is robin is running a milltek and pleanty of other mods, and still 236. oh and i think youl find that a bigger cooler will add noticable power. 

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 11:38:05 am »
I thought Robin had already said his map had been turned down?  :confused:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 11:41:29 am »

well chris's getting 245? you just confirmed, running stg 2 and apr, so the only difference is robin is running a milltek and pleanty of other mods, and still 236. oh and i think youl find that a bigger cooler will add noticable power. 

I'm not sure you're right there Joe.  An intercooler stops power loss due to heat soak.  It doesn nothing to ADD extra power.  

As for JKM's RR, I was surprised when I had my Edition 30 put on the dyno as it only showed 224bhp as standard, especially given that other Edition 30's regularly get 240+bhp on other dynos.  I put it down to my engine still being tight as 95% of the mileage on it is motorway miles.  However, I think Keith also doesn't massage the figures and settings to produce the power figures while some other garages might.  After Revo Stage 1 I got 278bhp on the dyno - Revo claim 305 bhp - and this seemed poor in comparision to other figures that people mention on this and other forums.  Its only with Stage 2 and a host of mods - see my sig - that I finally got 320bhp.  But the thing with the dyno at JKM is that it is the best type of dyno you can get and is operated by someone who doesn't like to manipulate bhp figures, so I know I can rely on the readings I get at JKM.  

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 11:46:37 am »
so what people are saying is all tuners talk sh1t and JKM rollers are gospal so all tuners should take their cars there to prove they are getting what they say

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 11:46:42 am »
lol!!!!

Helllllooooooo!

Robin and I are running the same boost setting, but with slightly different timing and fuel figures.

I am running Boost - 6, Timing - 5, Fuel, 8.

I expected more than 245.3hp, but I'm not too fussed I guess! I had predicted around the low 250's. But who knows....maybe on a colder, less humid day I would have got 251! Curves look nice, I'll post a photo of them later. Hitting around 291ft/lb of torque which is ok.

To confirm: I do not have an intercooler. Merely Stg2 Revo, TBE APR and Carbonio.

Echoing what Steve said for a fair comparison all cars must run together under the same conditions/rollers for it to be fair, which is obviously much easier said than done!!!

Keith at JKM said that if I was to put a full intake system on there such as the Forge/Evoms, then I could expect a 7-8hp gain immediately! But then, I have to think about the fuelling issues from the stock fuel pump not being able to cope with the increased demand on fuel. Vicious circle isnt it!!!

As Robin has said, running Boost 6 is ensuring that the turbo is still running at around 70% headroom, which is good to know.

Keith said that originally he ran my car at Boost 7, and it felt a lot quicker than at boost 6, but then he saw that the fuel pressure was falling when the car was loaded, therefore potentially leading to fuel cuts/misfire - which isn't what I want!

I agree with Joe, in that the intercooler will probably make a small difference in overall hp.
 :smiley: :smiley:

Good to see you folks again, apologies that I had to shoot off, had quite a busy day.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp