Make a donation

Author Topic: remap saturday  (Read 6360 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: remap saturday
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 11:14:24 pm »
good isnt the word mate its blummin fantastic there is just pull in every gear and as for the non res milltek  :drool: need to sort the suspension out next looking at kw v2 coilovers

....Slippery Slope Warning!!

B      R    A  K ES ?? :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:23:15 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 11:26:46 pm »
Took my car out tonight for a little run, and it was like the modifying fairies have done something to it during the day, as it felt frigging fast!!!! Fastest its felt since the remap by far!! Strange!

....Not too strange, Chris - It's probably because the air is so cool and crisp. :happy2:

Well then it must particularly like 9.5 degrees C then! I take her out most nights for a quick drive (just to get out of the house, so that I stay sane! And to take advantage of the colder air), but tonight it just felt absolutely rapid!

I find this every now and then even on warm days so cant put it down to temp. about 4 times in 7 months the car has felt amazing ultra smooth and rapid, DSG just blips its changes ultra smooth with a extra little note. God knows why but its definitely not in my head.  :driver:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 11:28:33 pm »
^^^^

It sounds like something deep and spiritual  :grin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 11:31:24 pm »
Took my car out tonight for a little run, and it was like the modifying fairies have done something to it during the day, as it felt frigging fast!!!! Fastest its felt since the remap by far!! Strange!

....Not too strange, Chris - It's probably because the air is so cool and crisp. :happy2:

Well then it must particularly like 9.5 degrees C then! I take her out most nights for a quick drive (just to get out of the house, so that I stay sane! And to take advantage of the colder air), but tonight it just felt absolutely rapid!

I find this every now and then even on warm days so cant put it down to temp. about 4 times in 7 months the car has felt amazing ultra smooth and rapid, DSG just blips its changes ultra smooth with a extra little note. God knows why but its definitely not in my head.  :driver:

Yeah I definitely feel the same! And its not even as if I am being unfair and driving on different roads...I pretty much do the same route all the time, so i have a direct comparison!

StRaNgE.....!

Anyway, sorry to abduct yet another thread!

NEWEY  - pics, videos, etc etc etc! We want to hear about the mods!!  :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 07:55:34 am »
good isnt the word mate its blummin fantastic there is just pull in every gear and as for the non res milltek  :drool: need to sort the suspension out next looking at kw v2 coilovers

....Slippery Slope Warning!!

B      R    A  K ES ?? :evilgrin:

i have a list about as long as my arm of mods i want to do. including a spot of carbon fibre  :evilgrin:

Yeah I definitely feel the same! And its not even as if I am being unfair and driving on different roads...I pretty much do the same route all the time, so i have a direct comparison!

StRaNgE.....!

Anyway, sorry to abduct yet another thread!

NEWEY  - pics, videos, etc etc etc! We want to hear about the mods!!  :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver:

i really need to get round to doing my project thread. pictures i will try and sort out before i go away on chirstmas eve  :evilgrin: but i am super happy with it now. but as others have said one thing always leads to another!!!

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 08:30:29 am »
here are a couple of pics off my phone looking very dirty (for me anyway) i will get the slr out asap and get some more photos

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:29 am »
That Milly fills the hole in the valance nicely  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Digressing for one moment, I took a friend out in my car last night (he's just bought an E-Type Jag  :love:) and for the first time in weeks it was dry  :jumpmove: car felt rapid!!  :evilgrin:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:30 am »
nice mate, it looks soooo much better than the poxy V-dub one!

is that the twin 76.2mm pipe?

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 10:00:15 am »
That Milly fills the hole in the valance nicely  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Digressing for one moment, I took a friend out in my car last night (he's just bought an E-Type Jag  :love:) and for the first time in weeks it was dry  :jumpmove: car felt rapid!!  :evilgrin:

your telling me the roads where damp on saturday but me and my dad had some fun driving home  :evilgrin: but they were bone dry yesterday and it really is brilliant (havent stopped smiling) only thing now is that for me the suspension lets it down a bit now but thats going to have to wait till i can save my pennys :)
nice mate, it looks soooo much better than the poxy V-dub one!

is that the twin 76.2mm pipe?

im not sure if im honest mate its just the standard GTI milltek so i guess. it fills the hole perfect though.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:42 am »
Good to hear you're enjoying it mate.. What Software did you go for bud?

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 10:21:41 am »
Good to hear you're enjoying it mate.. What Software did you go for bud?

its the APS map i think it was custom code map they used

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 08:20:46 pm »
ye, the exhaust does look to fit well! hope your enjoying it! ;)

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 05:36:23 pm »
Completely transforms the car. It made me realised when I had mine done how dull the car felt on a standard map! Prepare to be spending lots and lots of money. I still want more POWER!  :happy2: :laugh: :jumpmove:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »
what you need Tom, is a 4-speed gearbox, you never use 5th & 6th, just think of the weight you could save :P