Make a donation

Author Topic: PR Codes, are they the full story?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
PR Codes, are they the full story?
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:04:26 pm »
Hi,

after buying my GTI I thought i'd "decode" the PR codes from the service book. When I got the results I was a little surprised to find that some of the cars spec was not included in the decode.

Items like xenons didn't show up, no mention of folding mirrors, heated seats, rain sensitive wipers etc...etc...

So my question is - Is the PR code list the full spec, and have the other options been added since manufacture, or is it common that not everything is listed in detail?

Personally a bit surprised about the xenons but I know they can be retro-fitted (even though I don't think they have).

Also can't believe somone went to the trouble of installing all those extras post manufacture!!

Thanks for any light on this subject

Steve :notworthy:

P.S quite chuffed it was made in Wolfsburg!!

DSG, Xenon's, Monza II Shadows, Satnav, Leather, Highline, Armrest, K&N Typhoon Induction, REVO Stage 1....

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: PR Codes, are they the full story?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:40:14 pm »
Mine has most of the things you mention but they don't appear on the boot floor sticker either.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 12:55:05 am »
Mine has all the things on my PR list, apart from 18s.  I suspect the previous owner did a swap with someone for some extra cash.

Where did you get the VIN number to decode it?  If its the service book, check it against the car...salesmen will put any book in a pack and give it to you!
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:27:31 am »
Same story here, I have LOADS of optional extras in my car and only half are listed in the PR codes

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:12:42 am »
Will check against the boot sticker as well, but to be honest I don't think it will be any different as the sticker in the service book has the correct VIN number on it.

Interesting though that there seems to be a few other people with the same missing codes! I know there's about 10000 codes for all sorts of stuff, but it seems to me that the sticker is not the absolute gospel when it comes to checking out your spec.

Unless anyone else knows a bit more about it then I might give my local VW garage a shout - but to be honest I don't think they will know much more or care!!!.... Mmmm

Answers on a PR code... I mean post card!!!!
 :laugh:

DSG, Xenon's, Monza II Shadows, Satnav, Leather, Highline, Armrest, K&N Typhoon Induction, REVO Stage 1....

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 10:14:55 am »
Has your car got auto levellers and headlight wash?

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 10:24:32 am »
Yep to both (although the auto levelers just packed up so it's in the garage being repaired as we speak).

But there's no mention of Auto lights, Auto dipping rear mirror, Highline computer, tyre deflation warning...

So can't believe all that stuff was retro fitted... Therefore are the stickers worth didley squat!!

Or do they just list certain items.... Confused!!!!
 :confused:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 11:14:52 am »
^^^ A lot of those things are standard (like auto lights, auto dipping rear view mirror and TPS).  :smiley:

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 04:29:55 pm »
Ok thanks for that Steve, if your saying some stuff is standard it won't be listed then what about the highline DIS and the xenons?

Surely they wouldn't miss them out. I could understand if there was a code for say the winter pack / luxury pack etc. As that would cover a few options in one swoop.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 04:39:46 pm »
^^^ Agreed things like Xenon's should be there, I once on mine all of the options are listed in the PR numbers correctly.