Make a donation

Author Topic: My Laser blue GTI  (Read 4457 times)

Offline mabbo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: My Laser blue GTI
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 01:13:12 pm »
No - they don't have embroidery, but they have the clips so work and fit well.

Thanks mate. I might just get some cheap rubber floor mats if I can find any that dont look awful.

Got the car last night. So much better than before. Firm but not too firm and drives nice. Not really thrown it around much yet.

Its FILTHY. Gonna get it valeted and waxed for now then when I got a bit more money Ill have it machine polished and ceramic coated... Unless I can be arsed to do it myself  :laugh:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 07:51:57 pm »
Some nice work done :happy2:

Offline mabbo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2022, 06:57:10 pm »
So... Iv had the clutch and slave cylinder replaced and thought it had fixed the sticking pedal but it didnt. The guy who did it said he will change the DMF for the cost of parts. Hoping that will sort it.

I finally cleaned it. Looks a million times better but I want to machine polish it when I get time. Used the Autoglym Polar blast/clean/seal for the first time. Seems pretty good. Cleaned all the door shuts and dressed the tyres with trim but need something better for the grills and dont really wanna use silicone spray. Didndt have time to do the windows and only gave the interior a quick clean as it was minging. Need to give the leather a proper clean as well and want to detail the engine bay a bit.

Was gonna go for 18" Monza but dont think Im gonna bother:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 05:44:05 pm »
Looks great :smiley:
Love the blue color

Offline mabbo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2022, 09:39:51 pm »
Right guys,

Im more than likely gonna be selling my GTI :( Im doing 250 miles a week and want something cheaper to run that I wont feel bad about piling the miles on.

What do you think is a fair price? I paid top money for it when I bought it (£6300) because I wanted one with low owners, low miles and full VW service history, for some reason. Bought it on 63k (I think) and Im the 3rd owner. I had the thermostat and cam follower replaced, new clutch, bilstien b8 shocks and eibach sportline springs, all new Lemforder ball joints / track rods / drop links / TT top mounts, full polybush, 4x Avon ZV7 tyres and 4 wheel tracking done - It drives really nice now.

Cheers

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2022, 09:39:57 am »
There has been some really aspirational prices out there in the trade for the last year or so, but with high fuel prices a lot of people will be trying to offload their thirsty cars, this may be a bad time to off-load, it may even bring the inflated prices down.

Pretty sure you know your not going to get what you invested out of this - but its too nice, you may be better off tucking this up somewhere and getting a beater till all this fuel price madness passes... fingers crossed it does.

Offline mabbo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2022, 07:10:24 pm »
There has been some really aspirational prices out there in the trade for the last year or so, but with high fuel prices a lot of people will be trying to offload their thirsty cars, this may be a bad time to off-load, it may even bring the inflated prices down.

Pretty sure you know your not going to get what you invested out of this - but its too nice, you may be better off tucking this up somewhere and getting a beater till all this fuel price madness passes... fingers crossed it does.

Thanks mate.

Yea I know Im going to be making a loss but Im not sure what I should be expecting to get for it, realistically. Looking on Autotrader / eBay / Facebook the prices are all over the place. Probably because a lot of them aint as nice as they look but mines a good one.

Putting it up for £6k and coming down a bit expecting too much?

Cheers