Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 8th track day at Estoril  (Read 219808 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »
Got this today from VW. Already had this fitted in the GT Sport, now it's the Ed. 30 time.

Still one new mod to share. Hopefully it will be today. :jumping:

Offline bluebert92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100025.msg982250.html#msg982250
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »
^^ what is it mate?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2016, 05:27:14 pm »
^^ what is it mate?
It's the Golf Bluemotion rear axle lining. It improves the aerodynamics of the car. You need these parts if your rear axle has the left screw already there: 1K0501713D, 1K0501682, N90548305 and N90183802. The needed screw for older versions is N91001101.

You can check this topic to learn more about this:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163575&page=8

How to fit it:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163575&page=9

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2016, 12:50:14 am »
Seems familiar  :innocent: Now where have I seen it before :happy2:
Can't wait to start working on mine!
Keep up the great work!! :notworthy:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2016, 10:56:32 am »
Seems familiar  :innocent: Now where have I seen it before :happy2:
Can't wait to start working on mine!
Keep up the great work!! :notworthy:
I've read about this in Sept/2014 and got it fitted in the GT Sport. Who/where have you read about it? I haven't seen many fitting this part. :drinking:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2016, 10:16:33 am »
Hehehe actualy I heard it from a good friend of mine first but didn't care about it much!
It was your thread who got me back thinking of it :drinking:
Same as the Audi ducts on the rear axle. :wink:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »
Since I've picked up the car from the bodyshop I've had a leak of water somewhere near the reservoir. Yesterday went to get it checked. Seems that a bit of hose for the headlamps washers must have a small crack (couldn't see it, just drops of water coming out from the coupler connection). I've asked the help of a friend and he'll send me a bit to replace the cracked hose. Seems that you can only order 5 m rolls from VW...

This time I remembered to ask the mechanic to remove the top screw from the front wheel arch liners since the car was in the elevator. That sorted the tyre rubbing under hard cornering. :smiley:

I've had the car mapped since the beginning of the year and it runs great. I think it can still be tweaked to give a bit more power at the top range. Here I don't have Shell V-Power 100 RON or Tesco's 99 RON, I just have 98 RON from different brands. I was using BP Ultimate 98 RON when I had it mapped. I'm now running with Cepsa Optima 98 RON (same group as Total) to see if there's any changes. My tuner told me that they're all basically the same, just to refuel the day after the pumps are refuelled, not when the tanks are too low.

The car made 330 BHP and 457 Nm/337 lbf*ft, with 1,5 bar of peak boost and 1,4 bar of stable boost.

I hope I can share a new dyno run soon with improved results. :smiley:

I also got a full helmet to use for karting, motorcycling and track days. This seemed like a good one, but I don't know much about them... :laugh:

AGV Horizon:

A track day is coming soon in Estoril. :driver: I just hope it's not raining...

dansmith180

« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2016, 08:14:45 pm »
Numbers look good but honestly I would have expected a bit more, can't remember do you have an induction kit? If not that could be holding it back a bit. 

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2016, 12:23:03 am »
Numbers look good but honestly I would have expected a bit more, can't remember do you have an induction kit? If not that could be holding it back a bit.
Not sure what can be expected from a 98 RON gas at 1,4 bar of boost. One of the tweaks I've asked for was to change the DSG limiter to 7000 rpm. At the moment it cuts too soon.

I didn't fit a CAI, it would fail a MOT with it. Just a ITG panel filter. The MAF readings were fine for this level of tune. Not sure how they'd be with more boost requested.

dansmith180

« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2016, 01:02:34 am »
Not sure what can be expected from a 98 RON gas at 1,4 bar of boost. One of the tweaks I've asked for was to change the DSG limiter to 7000 rpm. At the moment it cuts too soon.

I didn't fit a CAI, it would fail a MOT with it. Just a ITG panel filter. The MAF readings were fine for this level of tune. Not sure how they'd be with more boost requested.

I'm suprised the CAI would cause an MOT fail but you obviously know more than me  :laugh:.

Yeah I'm not sure what level of boost a stage 2+ map runs on K04 just what the power outcome usually is, how does it drive now? Bet it feels great with the new power and all the suspension/ brakes etc... 

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2016, 01:32:11 am »

I'm suprised the CAI would cause an MOT fail but you obviously know more than me  :laugh:.

Yeah I'm not sure what level of boost a stage 2+ map runs on K04 just what the power outcome usually is, how does it drive now? Bet it feels great with the new power and all the suspension/ brakes etc...
Here even my lowering springs can cause a MOT failure, because they're not OEM. A lot of MOT techs know better and only fail bad suspension setups and too lowered cars.

I've read that a 360+ hp and 390 lbft requires 24-25 psi (1,65-1,72 bar) of boost peak and peak HP happens around 5800-6200 rpm. So the boost can go a bit higher safely. I'll wait for the new map to see what can be done.

The car now drives much faster. The torque is available soon so it's quite good for city driving. When pushing the engine it reaches high enough speeds to lose the license very fast. The DSG makes the power delivery very smooth so it's hard to notice any traction loss in the dry. The brakes and suspension handle the power like I wanted them to. Really happy with the way it handles. The exhaust sound now is even better with the increased boost. :evilgrin:

dansmith180

« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:29 am »
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, you definitely waited long enough to get it all finished.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2016, 11:34:15 am »
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, you definitely waited long enough to get it all finished.
Yeah, I waited a lot indeed. Knowing that my car was in the best hands I know of, and that I didn't have to pay an horror money for it, comforts me a bit.

Now it's almost finished. Just some minor details to take care of and I'll just have to keep it in good shape. :smiley:

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2016, 11:38:17 am »
Got this today from VW. Already had this fitted in the GT Sport, now it's the Ed. 30 time.

Does this make a noticeable difference to anything?

Seems like it would improve front-to-back airflow and high speed stability?
Shadow Blue 2007 GTI DSG (Standard)

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2016, 11:45:39 am »

Does this make a noticeable difference to anything?

Seems like it would improve front-to-back airflow and high speed stability?
A difference that you can really notice, I highly doubt it. I didn't because both my Golfs already handled well at +120 mph. It does make a difference following what you can read in the topic, that I previously shared the link, about this aerodynamic upgrade.

If it did nothing, VW wouldn't fit the mk5 and mk6 Bluemotion with it. :wink: