Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 8th track day at Estoril  (Read 219972 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - First track day
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2016, 04:20:30 pm »
My local SuperPro dealer couldn't order the ball joints (TRC0003). :confused:

Just order them from the Netherlands, JT-performance. :smiley:

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #286 on: May 07, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »
Being able to adjust the camber is a major thing for a FWD car. I belive it counts more than a set of coilovers.
Great mod!  :congrats:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2016, 05:36:55 pm »
Being able to adjust the camber is a major thing for a FWD car. I belive it counts more than a set of coilovers.
Great mod!  :congrats:
Thank buddy! I can't wait to have the new parts fitted so I can test the handling improvements. :grin:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2016, 07:17:22 pm »
Today I went to get the oil for my next service. Also brought the Miller's Oils petrol booster to see if it's any good and noticeable when added to BP Ultimate 98 RON (the best I can get over here). Not that my engine has any misfire with the current tune but I want to push it a bit more soon. Now I only have to wait for the SuperPro ball joints to arrive so I can get all the bits fitted. :smiley:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2016, 09:25:33 am »
Nice one! :happy2:
How's the  :driver: going on the track? :wink:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2016, 02:53:28 pm »
Nice one! :happy2:
How's the  :driver: going on the track? :wink:
In June I should get my car to my mechanic to fit the last bits and do an oil service. I'll book the next track day in September in Estoril. :smiley:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2016, 04:33:06 pm »
That's more than enough time to setle everything in!
Nice to see everything mounted in/on!
I'm still in waiting & opening boxes fase! :drinking:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:47 pm »
Got the last piece of the puzzle for now today! It took a lot of time to arrive, almost 1 month since ordered! :surprised:

Well, time to see what comes 1st: remap tweak or fitting new bits and doing the oil service. :thinking:

Offline cruoris

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #293 on: June 02, 2016, 12:06:50 pm »
Hi Shoduchi

If I may can I know the part number of the Mk6 Climatronic unit? I have not managed to get hold of that part number that eliminates all the excess I do not need.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #294 on: June 02, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »
Hi Shoduchi

If I may can I know the part number of the Mk6 Climatronic unit? I have not managed to get hold of that part number that eliminates all the excess I do not need.

5K0 907 044 CJ

Bought from Boldsport. It comes as a complete kit although it's better to use a thicker wire to change the loom.

Offline cruoris

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2016, 04:36:37 pm »
Thanks. Will look for that part number. Sadly they don't offer it anymore with that unit. I'd have to live with the heated seat icons and have no automatic recirc (what I wanted to avoid which online I've found no heated seats but always automatic recirc option)

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #296 on: June 02, 2016, 07:12:01 pm »
Thanks. Will look for that part number. Sadly they don't offer it anymore with that unit. I'd have to live with the heated seat icons and have no automatic recirc (what I wanted to avoid which online I've found no heated seats but always automatic recirc option)
Mine has heated seats and no automatic recirc. The GT Sport has a panel with no heated seats and automatic recirc. For daily use you can live well with the automatic recirc function. It still works well with manual recirc.  :wink:

Offline cruoris

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #297 on: June 02, 2016, 09:32:42 pm »

Mine has heated seats and no automatic recirc. The GT Sport has a panel with no heated seats and automatic recirc. For daily use you can live well with the automatic recirc function. It still works well with manual recirc.  :wink:

Haha but now I was hearing that maybe it might not be plug and play with my car. Do you know what I need to look for in terms of part number with vagcom etc to be sure its a clean swap?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #298 on: June 02, 2016, 09:45:17 pm »

Haha but now I was hearing that maybe it might not be plug and play with my car. Do you know what I need to look for in terms of part number with vagcom etc to be sure its a clean swap?
You need a AC blower with one engine flap. Older versions have 2 engines flaps so basically that's what you need to worry about. If your Golf is a MY2007-2009, you have no problem. :wink:

Offline cruoris

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #299 on: June 03, 2016, 12:10:16 am »

You need a AC blower with one engine flap. Older versions have 2 engines flaps so basically that's what you need to worry about. If your Golf is a MY2007-2009, you have no problem. :wink:

Here's hoping I fall in that range.

If I do. Is it a basic plug play and reset procedure or must I cross some wires? Probably one of the biggest cosmetic changes I'm hoping will be quick and easy hehe

Btw love the approach you took with your car.