Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Gti search  (Read 51023 times)

Offline Imwithstupid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Deano Black Golf GTI
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2015, 09:13:03 am »
Cheers dude, very helpful that will be. The Mk6 boot badge is a lot nicer  :evilgrin:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2015, 10:25:31 pm »
hi all... just a little update on my rear badge...I brought a new Mk6 boot release a couple of weeks ago..got that fitted but did not like the snap shut close...So decided to go hybrid like a lot of people have done already Mk6 golf badge on a mk5 boot handle also decided to colour-code it..  Slow close is so much better..And the new 3D design badge looks fresh..Also the Mk5 boot handle feels so much more quality over the mk6.

IMG_0331 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0330 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also fitted a Mk6 golf  mirror switch looks so much better than the old one.......................................................

IMG_0333 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And last of all.... A little ebay shopping and found this an Edition 30 gear knob complete as new never fitted even came in the original vw box result...............................

IMG_0327 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2015, 10:44:10 pm »

hi all... just a little update on my rear badge...I brought a new Mk6 boot release a couple of weeks ago..got that fitted but did not like the snap shut close...So decided to go hybrid like a lot of people have done already Mk6 golf badge on a mk5 boot handle also decided to colour-code it..  Slow close is so much better..And the new 3D design badge looks fresh..Also the Mk5 boot handle feels so much more quality over the mk6.

IMG_0331 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0330 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also fitted a Mk6 golf  mirror switch looks so much better than the old one.......................................................

IMG_0333 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And last of all.... A little ebay shopping and found this an Edition 30 gear knob complete as new never fitted even came in the original vw box result...............................

IMG_0327 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Was this difficult to do? I picked up a new boot handle, without soft close, whilst it looks good it does feel as quality as the soft close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »
Hi... As for your question...depends on what you want to do..

If you want to replace the mk5 boot release then you would need to remove the inner tailgate plastic ..loosen the rear wiper motor to gain access ....The boot handle is held in position with x3 bolts and a power connector simply unplug that's it

On the other hand like I did was just replace the badge. On the mk6 badge to need to remove all the small plastic tabs on the back ...and leave the x1 large tab so it's a mirror image of the mk5 badge ...that it fits perfect job done....

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2015, 12:15:20 pm »
Handle looks smart Deano! I thought removing the MK5 badge left holes in the plastic which are not covered by the MK6 badge?
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:11 pm »
Hi Jayha ....on the early mk5 badge yes ...not on the later one.. mines a 56 plate ..

Offline Imwithstupid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »
Do you just remove the Mk5 badge from the boot, take the badge off and replace with the Mk6 badge?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2015, 09:01:37 pm »
 hi ....just take off the rear boot badge with an old credit card start at the bottom of the badge and work your way round only takes 2 mins.....

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:19 pm »
hi all not really an update at all......but I have now fitted my EDITION 30 gear Knob which is really nice..also decided to replace the front spacers with some better quality ones from awesome just another set of 5mm spacers. Sorry have no pictures but we all know what spacers look like no biggie their..

Next big thing on the shopping list is front brakes. I did say when I got the car I wanted to upgraded the brakes lots of options I know. Don't really want to spend a grand on brakes so going down the used route and then get them fully refurbished R32/S3 items are on the cards..

IMG_0338 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0355 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0359 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:35 pm »
Car looking mint Deano will be keeping my eye on this one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
Cheers trow ....I appreciate that...

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »
Hi all....ever since i have had the car i have always wanted to upgrade the brakes..so last week i saw a set of R32 calipers and carriers for £200 on ebay and went ahead and brought them. When the calipers arrived they were not in great condition but what do you expect for £200 i guess ..Anyway sent the brakes away for new pistons and seals but decided to paint them myself. So went about cleaning around 6 years of muck off them. Today decided to give them a lick of paint i know a lot of people will say i should have power coated them and maybe i will later on..Here they are.. wish i  had a before photo they were a real mess...

IMG_0396 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2015, 11:48:05 pm »
So much for not spending anymore so close to Christmas  :grin: nice progress,  things are happening fast!

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2015, 02:21:04 pm »
Well my intentions were no real spending before Christmas...that's gone straight out the window i know....Just one of these deals I could not pass on...put one of the calipers back together today and looks good...had to buy a list of new stuff for the conversion too...

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:10 pm »
Looking great! I few mods there that I either have, or intend to get in the future.

Have you removed the pre-cat? Made a decent difference for me and I know Niki tends to recommend it's done before mapping.

When are you there btw? I'm there on 30th. Can't wait!

Dave