Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Gti search  (Read 51602 times)

Offline DMackie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Deano Black Golf GTI
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2016, 05:41:04 pm »
Looking forward to see how it looks on the sportline suspension. This is what im thinking of buying.

Offline AnDub

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2016, 06:34:54 pm »
Text me about the coilovers. I'll almost certainly take them! I don't have enough posts to PM

077084190-seven-eight

Offline sean.smithy94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,107823.0.html
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2016, 07:45:07 am »
Loving the progress! Cars looking spot on!

How are you getting on with the lm reps? I've been looking at getting them myself at some stage, how has the finish on the wheels held up?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2016, 08:34:29 am »
Hello buddy .. thank you for the comments

Before I even brought the golf I knew I wanted some lm's my personal favourites

Anyway the finish is still excellent but I am thinking of getting the centres painted in graphite grey..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sean.smithy94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,107823.0.html
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2016, 11:23:45 am »
Hello buddy .. thank you for the comments

Before I even brought the golf I knew I wanted some lm's my personal favourites

Anyway the finish is still excellent but I am thinking of getting the centres painted in graphite grey..

That's quite alright  :happy2:

That's good to know, as I've been doing some reading up and there's a mixed response about them, like the fake screws corroding in next to no time and the polished lip also.

Think I'll take the plunge when it comes to getting wheels as I do love the look of them.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2016, 11:54:40 am »
You won't be disappointed...they just look so right on a mk5....

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2016, 06:45:57 pm »
Another update...so last week or so i decided to get the coilovers i had brought taken off and replaced with some eibach sportline springs. It was the right decision for me as the ride was quite hard i guess if i had spent more money on a top quality set things would have been different... The ride is so much better now and the ride height for me is perfect. so the springs have had time to settle in.....

IMG_0115 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also this week a had a large box delivered from PSI TUNING...my Ramair intake was one of my first mods i Brought. Anyway decided i wanted to replace it with some-think new as you do...so as everybody knows their or quite a few out their and prices only go up. when i got my Ramair i only payed £150 which is not bad for an intake with heatshield  combo...

So after some research and head scratching decided to go with the revo intake not only does it perform and has a great write up..but has to be one of the best looking intakes going..

BEFORE

IMG_0171 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

NEW REVO INTAKE AND HEATSHIELD

IMG_0129 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

AND FITTED

IMG_0133 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »
hi ....no longer need this so i thought i'd offer it to the forum first of all

Ramair intake with heat shield £75 if anybody's interested

i will try again and put it in for for sale section but it does not seem to work for me..

IMG_0135 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Facian

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2016, 08:30:14 pm »
Looks good on the Eibach springs, think they'll be the first mod on mine (also a black 3dr).

Have you noticed any difference switching Intakes?

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2016, 09:08:37 pm »
What's the ride like on the Eibachs? How long is it?

Shame alot of your pictures are deleted/removed mate, ruins the thread a little :)

Edition 30 #1994 now sold. *cries*

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2016, 09:27:39 pm »
Hi ..you can't go wrong with eibachs they are quality made and the ride is great the sport line springs lower around 45mm on the front and around 35mm on the rear which not only looks great but also handles well too

As for switching intakes the revo feels so more responsive than the ram-air glad I have changed....

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2016, 10:46:06 pm »

Time for a small update ...has ive not been around for a while to keep the thread alive ...first of all gave the car a well deserved wash as it had not been cleaned for two weeks. It's such a pain this time of year to keep anything clean for 5 mins...Anyway 2 days ago the drivers side rear caliper decided not to play anymore and decided to seize on me ...well that  fine but with xmas on the door step i wanted it sorted so new caliper sourced also got some new mintex pads to replace the old ones only problem with the caliper is it did not come painted red.. I could have had that option but was going to cost me an extra £50 no thanks i'll paint it myself at some point ..... fitting was simple followed by a quick bleed of the caliper and job done!

New Rear Caliper

IMG_0154 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also been doing a bit of shopping before xmas...First of all i going to blame Dan648 be-course that front splitter on his eddy looks ace and finishes off the front end perfectly in my eyes ..so for last month i been looking at different options but decided on the INGO-NOAK splitter....This is going to stay nice and warm and will be fitted next year when the weathers better.....

IMG_0161 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

also picked up a black series powerflex engine mount for good measure ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IMG_0140 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2017, 08:21:16 pm »
Hi.. Everyone...first update of this year ...weather been OK so decided to tackle a couple of jobs on the car..first of all the driver's side rear caliper i brought before Christmas needed painting..looks so much better now with a lick of red paint...also before Christmas i brought a lower front splitter from Ingo-Noak tuning to go underneath my edition 30 valance. So set about doing that.... Depending how far forward to have it depends how aggressive it looks...anyway he's a few pics see what you think?....

I've been looking through their catalogue of stuff on their website and came across these....?

Offline Spencer

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2017, 07:15:28 am »
that splitter suits so well!

I have been looking for something like this for a while - where did you purchase it may I ask??

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2017, 11:41:12 am »
Hi... Spencer

That's what i thought when i first saw the front splitter ...Anyway its made by German tuning company Ingo-noak ...but can be brought off ebay through a uk company called mad-motors for £139 with free delivery..hope that helps..