Make a donation

Author Topic: Joshy's Ed30 Build Thread  (Read 21769 times)

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Joshy's Ed30 Build Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 05:28:26 pm »
Chrome switches arrived and fitted.
Still need to get the door card off and replace the fuel cap switch though.

UPDATE:
Ended up getting the door card off and fitting the new switch.
The front window switch (drivers side) was a bit of a loose fitment into the door handle, so a bit of tesa tape on the clips and its now nice and solid like the OEM!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 08:14:15 pm by Joshy »

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2019, 12:09:15 pm »
Jumped on the dynamic mirror indicator bandwagon.

My indicators don't seem at tinted as others i've seen, however they are a huge improvement over the OEM ones :happy2:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 12:10:50 pm by Joshy »

Offline GTIJamie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 12:13:47 pm »
Josh, what are your wheel and tyre specifications for those Ultraleggeras? Can't decide on 18s with chunkier looking track tyres or 19s with lower profile..

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2019, 08:27:20 am »
Josh, what are your wheel and tyre specifications for those Ultraleggeras? Can't decide on 18s with chunkier looking track tyres or 19s with lower profile..

The Ultraleggeras are 18's, and i think 8j (will double check when i next get into the car)
I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport 4s in 225/40/18  :happy2:

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2019, 09:22:01 am »
Finally got round to painting the lower grilles yesterday afternoon.
I used Plastikote Satin Black to an OEM looking finish that is a little bit darker than normal.

The honeycomb grille still needs doing, so will get round to that when i can be bothered to mask the rest of the grille off.

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2020, 07:40:12 pm »
Not much has been happening with the Ed30 lately.
The RNS 510 unit died on me a month or so ago, and just went to a black screen. Swapped this out to the RCD330 so i could use CarPlay. Few little annoyances, but all in all, it's a good unit.

The only other update is that i picked up the Golf's replacement yesterday :evilgrin:

I've still got the Golf, but will likely put it up for sale at some point in the near future

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2020, 08:57:54 pm »
So the ED30 has been sold now.
Sad to see it go, but enjoying the new car!

Here's a couple of photos of the Golf just before it went, and a few of the new whip.

Offline 8volly

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2020, 02:39:41 pm »
I am now the owner of this car! bought it from scott back in august this year.

Had a full service and needed the DSG thermostat and main coolant thermostat doing so sorted that. Bit of a ballache doing the main thermostat but got it done. Got the smallest coolant weep from around there somewhere now! :scared: and I cannot be arsed to take it all apart again lol.

Got rid of that horrible (sorry) carbon dipped stereo fascia and swapped the climate controls out for the mk6 ones.

Only ballache is the internal checksum memory error which is causing the EML to stay on constantly, drives fine but has to go back to R-Tech to wipe the map and start fresh  :sad1:

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2020, 08:18:43 am »
I am now the owner of this car! bought it from scott back in august this year.

Had a full service and needed the DSG thermostat and main coolant thermostat doing so sorted that. Bit of a ballache doing the main thermostat but got it done. Got the smallest coolant weep from around there somewhere now! :scared: and I cannot be arsed to take it all apart again lol.

Got rid of that horrible (sorry) carbon dipped stereo fascia and swapped the climate controls out for the mk6 ones.

Only ballache is the internal checksum memory error which is causing the EML to stay on constantly, drives fine but has to go back to R-Tech to wipe the map and start fresh  :sad1:
Glad the car is being kept on the forum. I think now you're on here it means pretty much all the previous owners of this car have been forum members  :happy2:
Haha, the carbon dipped was on when i bought it. It bugged me too :grin: I was always planning to change it and get it carbon skinned, but just never got round to it.

Hope you get the checksum error sorted soon mate. Get a build thread up, it would be good to continue to see what get's done to this car!