Make a donation

Author Topic: Mitch's BLACK DSG ED30 R-Tech 2+  (Read 50444 times)

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Mitch's DSG ED30
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 03:08:41 pm »
Which replica bumper did you buy? I bought one from eBay a couple of weeks ago and fitment wasn't fantastic - have you test fitted the one you've got?

Have you had Tom's brakes off him yet? It's a decent setup for the money :happy2:

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2015, 03:16:25 pm »
Stunning car mate  :happy2: love the wheels now they been sprayed, and the rear valance in grey is a nice touch!
A very tidy car all round can't wait to see more
Cheers mate :) bumper and TBE is paid for so you'll see them fitted soon but everything else is gunna be pushed back for a while because of Mechatronics going faulty!

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2015, 03:19:27 pm »
Which replica bumper did you buy? I bought one from eBay a couple of weeks ago and fitment wasn't fantastic - have you test fitted the one you've got?

Have you had Tom's brakes off him yet? It's a decent setup for the money :happy2:
No mate was going to but couldn't be bothered when it arrived so it went straight for paint lol
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181724729550  it's this one.
My friend who is a painter said it looks really good quality tbh. But that doesn't mean it's going to fit well lol we shall see!
And no mate was going to get them tomora (payday) but with the Mechatronics going faulty all my pennies are going there for next 2 month :(

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »
That's the one I bought. The quality is really good, just couldn't get it to fit properly at the sides:

That said, I was in a rush and I hadn't put the arch liner screws back in so they might pull it to where it needs to be. Mine in the body shop this week getting it painted up anyway, because I reckon I'll be able to get it to fit properly.

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 10:06:55 pm »
That's the one I bought. The quality is really good, just couldn't get it to fit properly at the sides:

That said, I was in a rush and I hadn't put the arch liner screws back in so they might pull it to where it needs to be. Mine in the body shop this week getting it painted up anyway, because I reckon I'll be able to get it to fit properly.
Let us know how you get on with fitting it mate.
Garage thinks it's gunna be nearly 2k to fix gearbox :( thinking about just packing in with all mods

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 10:40:41 pm »
Is that to replace the mechatronics?
I'd seriously consider giving BBA ramen a call you know as they can repair the unit.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 10:54:20 pm »
Is that to replace the mechatronics?
I'd seriously consider giving BBA ramen a call you know as they can repair the unit.
Yeh and something about a valve that's nacked I dunno I'll speak to him on Saturday

Offline tlnds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2015, 11:20:10 am »
Feel for you Mitch, its the only thing I don't like about my DSG GTi..the paranoia hah. Have you had a quote from ECU testing?
Also did you experience any clunking/jerking before it went?

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2015, 12:01:37 pm »
Garage thinks it's gunna be nearly 2k to fix gearbox :( thinking about just packing in with all mods

Yeah, I'll keep you updated with the bumper. Need to get an exhaust made up though so it'll have to wait until I can have time off work when I don't need the car.

Feel for you with the gearbox, would it not be cheaper to source a second hand one?

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 03:23:18 pm »
Feel for you Mitch, its the only thing I don't like about my DSG GTi..the paranoia hah. Have you had a quote from ECU testing?
They said something about this valce which means it can't be repaired gotte be a new unit. I dunno they spoke to my dad I'm working with one of there guys tomora so I'll find out then. Just want it all sorted so I don't have to worry about it. For a while anyway

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2015, 03:24:12 pm »
And no didn't have any signs or symptoms of it going just driving along car Tryed to change gear and that was that

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2015, 04:49:34 pm »

Yeah, I'll keep you updated with the bumper. Need to get an exhaust made up though so it'll have to wait until I can have time off work when I don't need the car.

Feel for you with the gearbox, would it not be cheaper to source a second hand one?
I don't fancy buying a 2nd hand one mate just Incase there's a problem there would rather just bite the bullet and get it sorted so Iknow everything is 100%
I've got a bcs cat back on order should be here next week.
Wish I hadn't as I'm skint now!

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2015, 09:50:03 pm »
Little update... :grin:
Dsg hopefully sorted. I was on holiday whilst my dad got it to a mates garage so don't know the ins and outs but from what I've been told by my dad.

There was a little bit of water in the gearbox oil caused by a faulty gearbox oil cooler and when I went on a long run on a hot day the moisture got into the Mechatronics unit and shortened circuits out giving me the interference in Mechatronics module fault code.
First they updated software and did basic settings and let my dad put a 100 mile on my car, this to see if the Mechatronics had ad it or not.
100 miles passed trouble free, so they changed the lol cooler for new genuine part and changed the gearbox oil and filter.

Cost me £160 all in although I have him a few drinks on top of that because he sorted me out do quick and picked the car up from my place for free.
Done about 300 mile since worry free.

So back to the good bits..
Today fitted my r32 rear bumper (eBay special) and my full TBE consisting off eBay decat downpipe (other then the bracket behind the flexi this was good quality can not complain, just had to trim the hangers on the bracket and heat them up and bend down slightly)
Behind that was a bcs sports system with the r32 style exit. Superb quality and was fitted in no time worry free :D

The old pro flow cat back fitted by previous owner..

I think it looks a lot better from the rear now although I'm gunna try and get the tips slightly higher. (Metal in the way) may heat it up and bend up slightly so In future if need be I could heat up and bend back down. Don't wanna start cutting it up!
Glad I went with the grey and smoothed the tow eye cover out too.

It sounds awesome! Can not wait for r tech map now to put it all together. Think I will eventually spray the front bumper and have the centre splitter done in the same grey.

Aswell as that I removed my stereo to get the code as I had no stereo since they changed the oil cooler, and finally fitted my cherry fed hazard switch whilst I was there :) great little mod this. 
Before

After

Only have crap pics atm and it really needs a wash but it's crap weather all this weekend! :(

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2015, 02:49:51 pm »
Which rear bumper from bay did you choose buddy and what's the fit like?

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »
Which rear bumper from bay did you choose buddy and what's the fit like?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181724729550
This one mate fitment was spot on a tad short by a few mm on one side where it meets the wheel arch but hardly noticeable