Make a donation

Author Topic: certain r32 owners  (Read 5655 times)

Offline #ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
certain r32 owners
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:16:44 pm »
Grrrr.  :fighting:

In the last week I have had 2 x mk5 R32s behind me, both revving up and generally acting the fool, yet when we got to a dual carriage way and I put my foot down and drive off they aint impressed (which makes me laugh so much) :signLOL:

Annoys me that!

Rant over.

I have no issues with r32’s, but it does seem that a higher percentage of the younger owners of them think they are driving a Veyron or something… compared to GTI drivers… which isnt what I would of expected!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:14:43 am by #ed30 »

Offline Pmoky gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: certain r32 owners
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:41:40 pm »
I'm 37,had a black R32,the amount of boy racer that used come right up behind me egging me on
I'm past that age and your right it's new younger lads that want to race anything

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »
Fiesta STs, Corsa VXRs, etc. They all 'have a go'. And I just let them go past.

I'm well past that age too. It's nice knowing you could totally smoke them if you wanted to, but I don't want to be anywhere near the sort of aggresive, inexperienced drivers that go looking for it and subsequently cause crashes.

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:33:24 pm »
19 year old here with a gti  :popcornsoda: not all young drivers my friend  :happy2:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:26:52 pm »
In all honesty I think it is drivers who are behind the so called corsa's, fiestas with big chimney exhausts who have something to prove as they know their car is nothing unless they speed past someone as apart from the bit of speed they are ugly little toy cars in my opinion  :happy2:

When I had my old MK4 1.4 Golf and a few years back I used to want to go as fast as the little engine would go but now I am driving my beautiful Tornado Red Ed30 I just like to cruise along as I want to get everywhere slow in order to spend much more time on the car  :laugh:

And I also know if I stick it in Sport and put my foot down it will leave the chavvy loud cars behind while making a nice exhaust sound unlike the chavvy tractors boys  :wink:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:40:45 pm »
19 year old here with a gti  opcornsoda: not all young drivers my friend  :happy2:
I was in a 200bhp Audi in my early 20s, and I'll be honest, at times I did drive it like a tit.

I think (if we're allowed to generalise), young drivers are more likely to be the ones driving with a point to prove than those of say 30/35 up, hence insurance etc.

Fair play to you if you represent that sensible minority of younger enthusiasts though :-)

dansmith180

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:49 pm »
21 year old gti driver (had it since 19), I'll race pretty much anything. I enjoy driving it properly, differnce is I still leave plenty of space and have done the handling/ braking mods so I don't bury my car up the ass of whatever I'm chasing or into a tree. Not denying I can be a twat though.

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 08:58:42 pm »
Agree with the above and I'm the same age. I usually do dust the cars that try it though. Left a MK7 Golf R not long back and the dude was shocked lol

Offline #ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 11:19:10 am »
love the honesty of some of the comments on here, i too was the quite an "enthusiastic" driver in my youth (punto GT turbo at 18, Golf vr6 at 19, astra gsi turbo at 20) now at the ripe age of 32 with a 300+bhp ED30 ive chilled quite a bit but still enjoy a blast down a B road and empty motorway late at night... in fact i surprised a mk7 R driver only last night..

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:25 am »
Fiesta STs, Corsa VXRs, etc. They all 'have a go'. And I just let them go past.

I'm well past that age too. It's nice knowing you could totally smoke them if you wanted to, but I don't want to be anywhere near the sort of aggresive, inexperienced drivers that go looking for it and subsequently cause crashes.

Couldn't have put it better myself  :happy2:

Remember kids you're brain not finished it's internal wiring until your mid twenties so be careful out there  :evilgrin:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 12:03:08 pm »
I agree I have mellowed and dont use the speed I have to cut people up or drive up their arse. However I have several 2 into 1's on my work commute and gives me a nice chance to put the power down.

I am by no means a boy racer but do es amuse me when you can tell the driver on the left is edging forward as he wants to get in front if you and then you just leave them for dust :)

Offline Phil_H

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 12:28:25 pm »
I saw a guy in his late 40's driving a bright Green Focus RS the other day with 2 "Big Bore 4's" hanging out the back.....he was accelerating and backing off in loads of traffic just to show everyone how awesome his blow off valve and exhaust pop was lol. Maybe he was having a midlife crisis!  :jumping:

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 12:36:29 pm »
^^^^ unlikely it's a mid life crisis more likely he's just a cock and always has been.  :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
Loving this thread :-)

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 01:41:15 pm »
I saw a guy in his late 40's driving a bright Green Focus RS the other day with 2 "Big Bore 4's" hanging out the back.....he was accelerating and backing off in loads of traffic just to show everyone how awesome his blow off valve and exhaust pop was lol. Maybe he was having a midlife crisis!  :jumping:

I would agree with the cock comment ha, trying to make up for other smaller parts :)

I bet he was slumped in his seat with head slighty bent and one hand on the wheel as this is how he believes pro drivers race and look cool at the sametime