Make a donation

Author Topic: certain r32 owners  (Read 5653 times)

Offline #ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Re: certain r32 owners
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 03:56:39 pm »
actually now you mention it, i have noticed a theme with 40 something year olds in subarus and focus RS's recently!!!

i had a little dabble with a focus RS recently... his face was a picture when i "cruised" past...

Offline M9xxr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:01 pm »
My girlfriend has the same issues, she drives my gti every day and makes trips to wales to see family quite often. All i hear is her moaning that everyones trying to race her! Must be a gti thing. R32 owners struggle with the fact that a gti in standard guise is a good match for the big heavy slow 32 and a mapped gti leaves them for dead. Got to watch out for those pesky 106 gti's. They can upset most things round town!  :driver:

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 07:45:15 am »
My girlfriend has the same issues, she drives my gti every day and makes trips to wales to see family quite often. All i hear is her moaning that everyones trying to race her! Must be a gti thing. R32 owners struggle with the fact that a gti in standard guise is a good match for the big heavy slow 32 and a mapped gti leaves them for dead. Got to watch out for those pesky 106 gti's. They can upset most things round town!  :driver:

My issue exactly when was considering a 32, in the real world with good conditions when it's actually safe to drive enthusiastically the 32 offers nothing over the Gti excepts making a good noise! But does offer many drawbacks ie, drinks fuel, £500 road tax and almost impossible to extract extra performance without taking out a small mortgage  :laugh:
Recently my totally stock 2007 Gti made 211bhp and 240ftlb torque, very impressive after 70,000 miles on the engine/turbo  :happy2:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 01:53:01 pm »
It must be a GTI thing as in my old 1.4 TSI I happily drove about with no issues but since I have had my GTI ED30 if I go to overtake someone I can tell some people who think they have fast cars speed up to stop me but makes it even more satisfying when I still cruise past :)

Must be the awesome GTI front grill that makes them jealous and react haha

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 02:10:03 pm »
I saw a guy in his late 40's driving a bright Green Focus RS the other day with 2 "Big Bore 4's" hanging out the back.....he was accelerating and backing off in loads of traffic just to show everyone how awesome his blow off valve and exhaust pop was lol. Maybe he was having a midlife crisis!  :jumping:

I would agree with the cock comment ha, trying to make up for other smaller parts :)

I bet he was slumped in his seat with head slighty bent and one hand on the wheel as this is how he believes pro drivers race and look cool at the sametime

I have a tiny willy and a big turbo.
I can deal with that.

dansmith180

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:16 pm »
I saw a guy in his late 40's driving a bright Green Focus RS the other day with 2 "Big Bore 4's" hanging out the back.....he was accelerating and backing off in loads of traffic just to show everyone how awesome his blow off valve and exhaust pop was lol. Maybe he was having a midlife crisis!  :jumping:

I would agree with the cock comment ha, trying to make up for other smaller parts :)

I bet he was slumped in his seat with head slighty bent and one hand on the wheel as this is how he believes pro drivers race and look cool at the sametime

I have a tiny willy and a big turbo.
I can deal with that.

I have a small will and a small turbo  :sad1:

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 16
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93860.0.html
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 03:05:11 pm »
I too can relate to all of this..

1st fast car was at 21 and was a 330ci m-sport. Had the barstewards 6 weeks when I lost the back end and wrote it off. At that time I would have tried to race everything, funny thing is when you look back (9 years now) you can see how much experience you've gained over the years and I'm luckly I didn't kill myself. I still give the GT a bit of a seeing to from time to time but only when I know the road and there not much about. I think over time you learn to expect the unexpected!!

At the moment I'm quite happy challenging myself on how many miles can I get from a tank?

Sad I know lol..

Offline #ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 02:34:15 pm »

i had a 106 gti many many moons ago - loved that thing! proper little go kart!

Offline Erno

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 06:50:32 pm »

Our vRSclub had a track day with Peugeot club a while back. Those buggers came flying past left and right :ashamed:

apparently Skoda Octavia vRS estate flies under the radar. Only the bmw boys tries to race me but they try to race everything that has wheels...

Offline Trowbridge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 07:19:46 pm »

Our vRSclub had a track day with Peugeot club a while back. Those buggers came flying past left and right :ashamed:

apparently Skoda Octavia vRS estate flies under the radar. Only the bmw boys tries to race me but they try to race everything that has wheels...

I think most are worried about the Octavia's being unmarked police cars!
Tornado Red Edition 30 No:1183

Offline Rukz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »

I think most are worried about the Octavia's being unmarked police cars!

+1 on that, you've hit the nail on the head there  :scared:
Tornado Red | MK5 | GTi | DSG

Offline grumpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 11:09:45 pm »
"certain r32 owners"....

With respect, don't like the tone of this post...