Make a donation

Author Topic: "The ASBO" TTE420 Powered MK2 Cupra K1  (Read 70401 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
Re: "The ASBO" TTE420 Powered MK2 Cupra K1
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
Wow!! Amazing update. Please tell us more about it??

I've emailed Paul in AKS requesting a guide price for this conversion on a DSG MK5 GTI :happy2: Waiting to hear back from him :smiley:

I would be very keen to go down this route once my car is beyond 300hp and 300ft/lb.

Would you be happy to give a rough idea of what the conversion cost is? No worries, and totally understand if you'd prefer not to on an open forum :smiley:

Cheers,
Dave

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2016, 08:53:45 pm »
Sweet work mate, glad I got a 6R and saved myself the time and heartache of chopping my old GTI up! You seen that there's a TTE480 out now that TTE420 owners can upgrade to for quite cheap? Combined with RS3 injectors you should be good for a considerable bit more power from your engine...

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2016, 08:58:17 pm »
What an update! I can only imagine how good it feels to floor it in 2nd and GRIP. That's a dream for me!

Are you now keeping an eye on things that are taking more stress? As sh*t as wheelspin is, it probably helps keeping things from breaking.

Enjoy the 'new car' mate. I bet it's mega.

Thanks buddy, much appreciated. Yeah, it's just so refreshing being able to just grip and go in all conditions now. I'm 100% keeping an eye out for thing like you said, that's why I got the box etc strengthened whilst it was out. :happy2:

Mega update after having the TTE420 fitted!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

No comments, really! :congrats:

Thanks buddy. It's really made me happy and it was well needed after the 420 like you say. Forged block and big blower next! :innocent:

Ahhhh it was you having this tweaked at R-tech back in July before I had my GTI mapped!

Awesome piece of kit, bet it's incredible with the AWD now.

Ha, small world buddy! :laugh: You happy with yours still? :happy2:

Yeah, I'm still getting used to it.......will take a while TBH.

I'd love to see some videos. Standing starts, rolling starts from 30mph etc. Must be close to or under 4 seconds to 60 with the TTE420. I'm not a great fan of 0-60 bragging rights, but I'll be really honest... it's because I'm fwd

I'll be sure to get some videos for you then buddy, it now shoots some ridiculous flames so I'll get some of that too! :innocent: :laugh:

I'm the same, never been interested in launching but probably because it was FWD as well. I hadn't even thought about the 0-60 time until you'd mentioned it........hmmmmm!

:driver:

Wow!! Amazing update. Please tell us more about it??

I've emailed Paul in AKS requesting a guide price for this conversion on a DSG MK5 GTI :happy2: Waiting to hear back from him :smiley:

I would be very keen to go down this route once my car is beyond 300hp and 300ft/lb.

Would you be happy to give a rough idea of what the conversion cost is? No worries, and totally understand if you'd prefer not to on an open forum :smiley:

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks buddy, hope Paul gets back to you soon then......I know they're all busy as hell down there as usual.

I'd rather not talk about cash on here like you say, as you can imagine it wasn't the cheapest of modifications though. :sick: :laugh:

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2016, 08:59:17 pm »
Awesome build mate  - really enjoyed catching up on this (despite seeing it in AKS FB page)  :happy2:

What's next? More power?  :evilgrin:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2016, 09:05:46 pm »
Sweet work mate, glad I got a 6R and saved myself the time and heartache of chopping my old GTI up! You seen that there's a TTE480 out now that TTE420 owners can upgrade to for quite cheap? Combined with RS3 injectors you should be good for a considerable bit more power from your engine...

I've had the ASBO for 8 years now, she's gone too far to start it all again now. :laugh:

The TTE480 requires a forged engine so if I do that it'll be a Nortech GTX3071 kit and some serious power. :pomppomp:

Awesome build mate  - really enjoyed catching up on this (despite seeing it in AKS FB page)  :happy2:

What's next? More power?  :evilgrin:

Cheers buddy, I knew as few people would've seen it on there that's why I kept the update fairly short!! :happy2:

Yeah, more power is next........heart set on 550-600bhp. :innocent:

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2016, 09:39:57 pm »
You have made it look all so easy... :notworthy:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2016, 09:47:05 pm »
Thanks buddy, hope Paul gets back to you soon then......I know they're all busy as hell down there as usual.

I'd rather not talk about cash on here like you say, as you can imagine it wasn't the cheapest of modifications though. :sick: :laugh:

Totally understand. 100%. Such a cool conversion. Fair play to you for having the stones to pull it off!!

Absolutely can't wait to see this with a forged motor and a big blower gonna be even epicer (is that even a word?) than it already is :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:48 am »
Saw this parked up outside AKS last Thursday while getting my dsg box swapped and recognised it off here as last year was messaging u about wheel clearance on our brakes with oz ultras  :happy2:

Seeing stuff like this makes me more tempted to go hybrid on my s3 but it's plenty quick enough for me so far, as for 0-60 times mine at stage2+ can get under 4 seconds no problem so yours should be a good few tenths faster than mine with the extra power off the line  :driver:

Enjoy the new found grip  :wink:

Dave

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2016, 08:58:44 am »
You have made it look all so easy... :notworthy:

Cheers buddy! :happy2:

Totally understand. 100%. Such a cool conversion. Fair play to you for having the stones to pull it off!!

Absolutely can't wait to see this with a forged motor and a big blower gonna be even epicer (is that even a word?) than it already is :happy2:

:laugh:  Good word!!!!  I can't wait too see it with a big power figure either, going to be mental! :innocent:

Saw this parked up outside AKS last Thursday while getting my dsg box swapped and recognised it off here as last year was messaging u about wheel clearance on our brakes with oz ultras  :happy2:

Seeing stuff like this makes me more tempted to go hybrid on my s3 but it's plenty quick enough for me so far, as for 0-60 times mine at stage2+ can get under 4 seconds no problem so yours should be a good few tenths faster than mine with the extra power off the line  :driver:

Enjoy the new found grip  :wink:

Dave

Yeah buddy, I remeber. :happy2:

You'll definitely end up with a Hybrid, you know it makes sense! :innocent: :laugh:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2016, 12:38:57 pm »
You've just upped the bar!!

everyone here is stage 2 or k04 yet you pull out a tte420 with a 4wd conversion.
happy its worked out for you. such a decent build.
I will be watching this thread closey for now on :driver: :driver:

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2016, 05:10:46 pm »
You've just upped the bar!!

everyone here is stage 2 or k04 yet you pull out a tte420 with a 4wd conversion.
happy its worked out for you. such a decent build.
I will be watching this thread closey for now on :driver: :driver:

Thanks buddy, she is fun! :happy2:

Although I am a bit of an imposter here in my sneaky SEAT this place has been a great Forum over the years with loads of helpful members. :innocent:

dansmith180

« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2016, 05:24:47 pm »
Now that's a proper update.

I take it the old gearbox with diff is gone now?

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2016, 05:32:04 pm »
Now that's a proper update.

I take it the old gearbox with diff is gone now?

Thanks man! :love:

No, still got the Gearbox with Quaiffe LSD. Got shed loads of stuff to sell, just need to get my arse in gear and advertise it! :laugh:

It's all down at AKS with @vRSAlex

dansmith180

« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2016, 05:35:44 pm »
 :thinking:  :thinking:

You got any idea how much you want for it?

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2016, 06:16:53 pm »
:thinking:  :thinking:

You got any idea how much you want for it?

PM me pal. :happy2: