Make a donation

Author Topic: "The ASBO" TTE420 Powered MK2 Cupra K1  (Read 70407 times)

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
Re: "The ASBO" MK2 Cupra K1
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 08:20:07 am »
Big like!  :happy2:

Do you guys use negative or positive toe on track?

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 10:05:35 am »
Great bit of kit! I like the ASBO body kit but it does stand out a lot, IMO. You're noticed wherever you go. :grin:

Keep up the updates! :popcornsoda:

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »
Well, a lot of stuff has been happening to the car over the past few months but I've been out of the country "on business" for most of the time so haven't had time to write an update.

Firstly the car went into @vRSAlex at AKS Tuning for some surgery where it had the following fitted........

New TTE420 Turbo.....
AEM Dual Port WMI Kit........with AKS spacer install.....
TTRS LPFP.........
155bar FPRV..........
AKS runner flap delete.......
PERON intercooler..........
Ground Control Top Mounts........
Polar FIS...........

Some of the bits...... :party:

Difference in the turbine compared to stock k04 (it's also much thicker too).

Thankgod I didn't have to route all these bloody wires! :scared:

Going to build a little carpeted box for the WMI pump to keep things neat and protected.

The boost controller was hidden at the end of the dash to keep things looking fairly OEM inside the cabin.

Power switch down by OBD Port.

WMI activity light was added to the existing boost gauge pod which shows power status/when it's injecting and also when reservoir is low.

My personal "Breaking Bad" setup at home now...... :laugh:

A Polar FIS was also added to keep a constant eye on how the car was behaving from now on.

Whilst the RFD was fitted my injectors/inlets were cleaned and a new injector fitted to ensure everything was running well before tuning. The Ground Control Top Mounts were fitted and another epic Geo Setup performed creating such and amazing handling car, it's SO pointy!!
 :driver:

Alex txt me whilst I was away and told me he wanted to keep my car! :scared: :laugh:

I was out of the country so Alex then delivered the car up to @rtechniki to have him wave his magic wand over the ECU and see what he could do with this new hardware setup.

This was only the 2nd TTE420 Niki had worked on so the mapping was completed over a few weeks. This was to allow him time to develop and tweak base maps before moving onto more "balls out" ones! :jumpmove:

These were the results after the first day.........

I'd asked Alex/Niki to create a linear power delivery for me as peak figures are not what I'm after. I wanted to have a really driveable car that would perform as both my daily and track sl@g when required. To say that's what I've been given is an understatement, it's drives almost like an OEM K04 but when pushed just boosts and boosts with no sign of letting up. The WMI keeps the temps down (which you can see falling on the POLAR FIS) and now it's had the RFD done it pops and bangs a fair bit which I'm shamelessly over the moon about! :laugh:

The map obviously has all the standard R Tech Trademarks including switchable maps via the pedals, anti compressor surge and Traction Control mapping which is a revelation.......I've now got more power but can put it down more easily than when I was Stg 2+.......all this and with ZERO Correction Factors throughout the entire rev range in all gears :happy2:

The WMI wasn't even mapped in so the timing could be pushed harder but tbh I'm totally happy with it the way it is.

We did run into an issue during mapping which was the 200cell Milltek Sports CAT just couldn't get the gasses out fast enough and wasn't happy up at the top end.

Solution.........3.5" BCS DeCAT Downpipe has been ordered along with a full BCS system to boot. Once that's fitted it's going back to be wound up some more to see what it makes then! :innocent:

A couple of hints to other drivers who are in the know.........

Next event, GTI International at the weekend........hopefully see lots of you guys there! :pomppomp:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:29:15 pm by Bignod00 »

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

dansmith180

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »
What a f*cking awesome build. I'm going to go stick up a post office so I can have one  :laugh:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:39 pm »
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fantastic setup mate  :happy2:

Fantastic curves too, must feel great on the road. I've been banging on about just how good the R-Tech traction control mapping is for ages. It really makes a worthwhile difference with powerful FWD cars. . .

My mate is after a few more pops & bangs from his K1 so I'll point him in the direction of the RFD
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 06:04:34 pm »
That's a monster now, can't wait for some track videos!  :congrats:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 11:16:56 pm »

^^ This.  got anything in min, Matt?  I'm hoping to Oulton again and maybe Anglesey over a weekend but won't be till I get back.
If the supersports are as good as everyone says, time of year wont matter  :driver:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 11:35:04 pm »
What a dream machine! :notworthy:

I'd love to have mine just like yours mechanically. :drool:

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
Re: "The ASBO" TTE420 Powered MK2 Cupra K1
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »
What a f*cking awesome build. I'm going to go stick up a post office so I can have one 

Haha, thanks buddy....! :happy2:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Fantastic setup mate  :happy2:

Fantastic curves too, must feel great on the road. I've been banging on about just how good the R-Tech traction control mapping is for ages. It really makes a worthwhile difference with powerful FWD cars. . .

My mate is after a few more pops & bangs from his K1 so I'll point him in the direction of the RFD

Thanks buddy, I'm loving having the car back now and finally getting used to how it feels/behaves. It is epic on the road, I never get bored of how hard it pulls....it's surprised quite a few "Prestige" cars already!

As soon as it's out on track next I'll post some up buddy, hopefully out next month (work permitting).

^^ This.  got anything in min, Matt?  I'm hoping to Oulton again and maybe Anglesey over a weekend but won't be till I get back.
If the supersports are as good as everyone says, time of year wont matter  :driver:

Hey pal, not got anything booked yet but got a few dates up my sleeve.....Will just have to wait and see what happens with work.

What a dream machine! :notworthy:

I'd love to have mine just like yours mechanically. :drool:

Thanks very much mate, much appreciated! :love:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:44:54 pm by Bignod00 »

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 25
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2015, 11:01:12 pm »
Exactly the set up I'm going for hats off looks awesome buddy

Offline Eddie07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 11:26:41 pm »
Congrats on a superb motor.

Quick question, everyone says you have to run WMI to keep the temperature down as the TTE 420 turbo generates alot of heat. I get that.

Whats the practicality of this though? When your sitting in traffic give the engine some WM/ on full chat for sustained period? Or am I completely missing the point..? Having got the kit, what are your experiences?

I'm considering BT VS hybrid having got a forged engine. Just trying to get some first hand experience from someone.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 06:52:27 am »

Quick question, everyone says you have to run WMI to keep the temperature down as the TTE 420 turbo generates alot of heat. I get that.

Whats the practicality of this though? When your sitting in traffic give the engine some WM/ on full chat for sustained period? Or am I completely missing the point..? Having got the kit, what are your experiences?

I'm considering BT VS hybrid having got a forged engine. Just trying to get some first hand experience from someone.

If you have a forged engine a BT is the right choice, i have the Precision 5558 on my car pushing 489bhp 546Nm with ease, forged engine and hybrid is overkill imo  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 02:07:09 pm »
Exactly the set up I'm going for hats off looks awesome buddy
Cheers buddy, really appreciated! :happy2:

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 02:09:15 pm »

If you have a forged engine a BT is the right choice, i have the Precision 5558 on my car pushing 489bhp 546Nm with ease, forged engine and hybrid is overkill imo  :happy2:
^^^^^^This! If my engine was forged then I'd 100% have gone down the BT route.
My mapping was completed without the WMI turned on and made 420 bhp without any heat issues. With WMI it'll take that in its stride! :happy2:

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »
Love it Matey!  :notworthy:  :drool:  :notworthy:   Just the way i like to see things being done  :happy2:

Look forward to some videos  :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

Whats next ?

If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !