All Things Mk7 R and GTI > Mk7 General Area

Test Drive

(1/3) > >>

GrayMK5GTI:
Sooo despite having had a DSG R on order since early March, I've only actually driven a manual R   :laugh:

Popped down to my local dealer today (not where I ordered from), and they had one in the same spec that I've ordered (colour, doors, wheels, gearbox and no DCC). Perfect.

Salesman let me take it for a blast down the bypass and even let me try launch control  :driver:

Have to say - ITS EPIC  :jumping: the DSG is flawless, and so intuitive. Much better than I thought. theres minimal body roll, and the ride quality with the 19s (no fancy adjustable shocks on this one) was perfect. It's certainly fast - I wouldn't be in a rush to map it. . .

Launch control was a hoot  :grin: actually can't believe the salesman let me try it.

Roll on August / September. . .

Definetly recommend anyone who hasn't driven one to give it a go :happy2:

rich83:

--- Quote from: GrayMK5GTI on May 16, 2015, 02:35:42 pm ---I wouldn't be in a rush to map it. . .

--- End quote ---

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah right!  :wink:

GrayMK5GTI:
I'll give it at least 6 months as stock  :signLOL:

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: GrayMK5GTI on May 16, 2015, 03:40:55 pm ---I'll give it at least 6 DAYs as stock  :signLOL:

--- End quote ---

Fixed that for you.  :laugh:

GrayMK5GTI:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on May 25, 2015, 11:08:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: GrayMK5GTI on May 16, 2015, 03:40:55 pm ---I'll give it at least 6 DAYs as stock  :signLOL:

--- End quote ---

Fixed that for you.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

Maybe a go in Statller's project 7R is a good idea John?  :drool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version