All Things Mk7 R and GTI > Mk7 General Area

GTE

(1/4) > >>

Biano44:
Just booked a test drive

Word on the street is........It's frikkin AWESOME!!

GrayMK5GTI:
My local dealer has one. Looks great, and in principal it sounds fantastic  :jumpmove:

Make sure you report back @Biano44  :happy2:

Stanipkiss:
Saw this last year at the Gadget show, now I have moved to Cornwall and the local VW dealer is not getting one till later in the year. Make sure you keep us up to date on the test drive.

Biano44:
Well.........

First thing is, don't think of this as a GTi. A GTi it is not!!

But it is Very, Very impressive!

I would think of it more of a GT with an extra electrical shove!
We only went on a 30mile drive, some spirited driving, some of it pootling around town, some on a duel carriageway but all of it fun.
The car has some really interesting features like the charging socket behind the VW badge at the front, which itself has a blue highlight

I liked the blue brake calipers

I liked the Jacara cloth interior

I adore the LED DRL and the LED headlights

And the way the blue line runs through the middle

The stance is all wrong though

Especially when you know how good it could look.............

But this car is about new technology and the car has lots. The systems work really well with the DSG. All the hybrids I have spent time in have had the wanky CVT gearbox which I detest.
It's amazing how quickly you get used to the silence of no engine, it becomes normal so quickly. The dials are different, the rev counter becomes some sort of power meter, the temp gauge becomes the rev counter and there are new warning lights to learn.
Other than that it's "just" a Golf. To anyone who hasn't tried a mk7, I implore that you do as it's night/day different to the previous incarnations.

Power wise, in E-mode (motor) it has immediate power but this quickly tales off. In GTE (engine & Motor) mode it's more like the 150ps diesel I would say. It's good, it's quick but it's no GTi!

The GTi can't do this though......

BOOM

One thing though, In a basic spec with a few needed options, it's expensive at £36000+. At that MPG though, using it as a company car I would make over £6 for every gallon used. That would completely offset the extra cost for me.

On the whole, I loved it. I'm a gadget man, a nerd, a geek, the car even has an app to check levels, range, start/finish charging or turn on the aircon/heating.

Tfsi_Mike:

Great mini review.  :) Just add a pinch more style like you say....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version