Make a donation

Author Topic: th3_f15t '07 GTI  (Read 65227 times)

Offline joms6r

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: Golf 6R
Re: th3_f15t '07 GTI
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:45 am »
Nah, too heavy for my, going for something lighter... Save up to 20kg in the cabin alone with something carbon based. I'm going all out with the Golf R, it deserves it.

Been thinking the same about mine. Stripping the rear seats out and some Pole Positions in the front should save a fair few kg's!
R-tech powered Mk6 Golf R
** Mk5 GTI Track build: >>Here<< **

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2015, 02:45:10 pm »
I won't be stripping the rears out as I want to keep the car practical. For some reason, I'm more a fan of 5 doors than 3 doors these days. I'm a 46 year old man in a 26 year old body... :sad1:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2015, 04:42:20 pm »
I took the car to Car Audio Security to have them fit the new stereo correctly and properly as I was fed up of trying myself. The guys there are really, genuinely passionate and caring about their work, the workshop guys are so welcoming and happy to share knowledge and keep you informed of what they're doing. And I was asked to come back and show them my Golf R, just because they want to see it! Needless to say, I shall now be upgrading the ICE in the Golf R through them as I'm totally blown away with their service.

Speaking of ICE, here it is finished off:

And now the sad bit...

This is the end of the line for the GTI in my ownership. I met up with a new owner today who wants to swap my GTI for his 2003 Golf R32, we took some test drives and spent some chatting and agreed to go ahead with the swap. So by the end of the month I shall part ways with the GTI, possibly forever. It's really mixed emotions for me, as I've invested not just money into the build, but so much time and passion that it's genuinely like a break up with a partner for me. I don't care if people think I'm sad for being emotionally attached to my GTI, but it's helped me through some of the roughest times in my life in recent years and it was the achievement of my dreams to have owned one.

I just hope the new owner loves her as much as I have and still do. Maybe they'll even take it in new directions or go where I was going to go with it. Only time will tell. But for now, I think it's only right to say thank you to all of those who have followed this build and left nice comments or sent kind words over messages. It's through the support of most of the people in the VW world that I've made it through the recent years.

But... This is far from good bye from me!

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2015, 02:04:19 pm »
Sad times ;(

Lovely car this.

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2015, 10:33:24 pm »
Well, I didn't see that coming! You've got a nice VW collection there - V5, R32, and Mk6R
Would love a mkiv R32 - I just see they have started to prick the interest of other driving enthusiasts - Evo magazine have recently tipped it as a future classic. It is, without doubt...
Where's my wallet... :grin:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2015, 04:15:45 pm »
What's your plan with the MK4 then? You've got three cars still  :grin:

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:20 pm »
Ideally, I'd like to finish the V5 and sell it on and put the R32 into the workshop so I can just keep it clean and restored and go to shows in it and the likes. May add a few extra cheeky modifications like Milltek exhaust manifolds and downpipe and some better inlet modifications, but nothing serious...