Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Forum Moved Again
on February 26, 2019, 12:32:35 AM
Sorry for the down time.

The forum has been moved to my server  :evilgrin:.

You should notice that its running a little faster and the search is working. Please point out any bugs.

When I get a bit of time I think an upgrade is in order with image uploads.
Re: Part Number?
Last Poster: slynch23 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:31:41 PM
Go to www.oemepc.com, input your VIN (or search by model/year) and you should be able to find it yourself.

Cheers mate exactly what I was looking for.

Re: Edition30 Buying Advie - I'm new! Help wanted
Last Poster: dubsteruk in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:41:07 PM
Just back on it... still looking, there seems a new surge of MK5 on the market with much better pricing i.e. lower price... just bidding my time...

Re: Tyre Help please......
Last Poster: 99hagued in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:22:51 PM
+1 for Michelin PS4

Re: Clutch pedal sticking *solved*
Last Poster: GVK in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:56:46 PM
Top post @GTiWILL  :congrats:

Re: PD injector needed (SPRING ONLY)
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:16:41 PM
Panic over, I managed to source one today from what I now know as a smaller local vag breakers. He’s based in Maidenhead just off the A404 so was perfect for me to pop in on my way home + 24/7 collection and just a nice guy! He mainly deals with golfs etc too. It’s not everyday you meet some decent people who are willing to help. If anyone had seen my OP then thanks for any looking

Re: Mk5 golf gti tfsi air intake
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:25:24 PM
kind of a little off course here but rather than making a new topic for something that could be relevant or an option for OP:

does anyone know if a mk6 intake would bolt straight on? so you can have the Cold air intake style with no engine cover(minus no cone) and bypass the crud engine cover?

Soz for high jacking but if this is an option you could maybe put t

Re: BWA to CDL Engine Transplant - PLEASE HELP
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM
yes, I believe you'll be fine to swap the engines over and it will run with old map and with your existing Flywheel/clutch ECU & loom.

Re: Is the mk6 edition 35 worth it from a mk5 golf gti?
Last Poster: Dogma in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:06:53 PM
I currently have a Mk5 GTi (3 door DSG) a 7R (3 door DSG) and a candy white Ed35 (3 door Manual)
I know which one will be worth the most in the future  :wink:  and the one which will be the most desirable, I'll let you all work out which you think  :happy2:
Cheers
Nige
[/

Has anyone run 19" BBS CH026's with Porsche Cayenne 18z BBK Calipers?
Last Poster: RobC in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:45:40 AM
As the title - has anyone run BBS CH026's (19x8 ET50) with the Porsche 18z calipers and if so, what spacers did you need to clear the calipers?

TIA

WANTED: Genuine R32 rear bumper/lower bumper in United Grey LA7T
Last Poster: RobC in Wanted on Yesterday at 09:08:09 AM
Hi all,

As title says, after an R32 rear bumper in Steel Grey. It can be the whole number or just the lower half but must me genuine and in good condition with reflectors. However, I dont need the twin exit valance as Ill be replacing this anyway.

If anybody has one please drop me a message.

Thanks!

996/997 Porsche Calipers - what Mercedes Brake Disc?!
Last Poster: RobC in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:10:58 AM
Hi all,

Im looking at the Porsche 996/997 4-pot front brake caliper upgrade but Im struggling to find out what front discs to use. I know they are from the Mercs but I cant find what. Initially I thought ML but they are 30mm wide and I think I need 28mm. I can find 330x28mm but these are from the pre-2011 Mercs which use M12 bolts not M14 so will I have to get them drill

Re: Edition 30 market
Last Poster: Lucky ducky in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 12:26:03 AM
This is what this forum is about...opinions & discussions great!!
The 3dr just does it for me and must be red [img width=786 height=589]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190707/823cd8739de2d00acaafdc37865b69

Re: Not happy with suspension
Last Poster: Clart in Mk5 General Area on July 21, 2019, 11:00:01 PM
Ive decided to go to CostCo Bristol tomorrow and get some PS4s...  :driver:

Re: Lacquer Peel, can this be fixed?
Last Poster: ljc19630 in Mk5 General Area on July 21, 2019, 10:54:36 PM
Might be able to wet sand that then re lacquer. Get it to a painter for confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Best decat downpipe for gti mk5?
Last Poster: hussnainh8 in Mk5 General Area on July 21, 2019, 04:45:55 PM
Value for money.. whats the difference buying a miltek or bcs compared to ebay decat?

eBay is sh*te quality materials. Milltek or BCS will be better grade of stainless and put together bett

retrimming steering wheel
Last Poster: terrier in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on July 21, 2019, 11:43:36 AM
Anybody retrimmed their wheel. Where did you get the leather/thread from :happy2:

Re: 99 RON fuel in France?
Last Poster: rich83 in Mk5 General Area on July 21, 2019, 11:30:22 AM
95 is fine
For a stage 1 map...?
Rtech say Tesco's momentum or shell v power

It will run fine on 95. It won’t produce the best power but there isn’t problem running 95.

Re: Would like to upgrade my stereo in my Golf MK5 2007 FSI but need a helping hand
Last Poster: The Red Warrior in Sat Nav and Car Audio on July 21, 2019, 11:25:18 AM
Not that I’ve heard of but I can’t say for sure. I don’t actually have the can emulator that I linked to. I’ve got the mk6 MFSW and a CH version steering wheel controller so it doesn’t need anything else to work.

Re: Handfree Bluetooth module calling/mute issue
Last Poster: Dogma in Mk5 General Area on July 21, 2019, 09:14:44 AM
Try factory resetting the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoutbox

Genuine R32 rear bumper Brand New !!
£265.00
Postage: £45.00
Delivery or Collection

Up for sale is a Genuine R32 Rear bumper lower section complete with genuine diffuser and new reflectors. The bumper has never been painted and is in primer it has some storage scratches and marks and will need full prep ready foor paint i can conform there is no damage to the bumper or fixings.
Happy to wrap the item and post it out cost will be around £45 but its at your risk or you can arrange your own collection please drop me a text/call  07772480088 thanks
Sequential smoked mirror indicators
£60.00
Postage: £5.00
Delivery Only

Here I am offering a pair of smoked mirror indicators that have also been modified to include full length leds to produce sequential flowing indicators. 100% plug and play, brand new units

They come complete with all tools needed to fit, which is a long T10 Allen wrench which means there shouldn’t be a need to remove the mirror motor saving time and effort. They are a night and day diffence to the standard units (video shows agains my inpro smoked on the passenger side)

See the video attached in link below photos  https://streamable.com/1tet6
TTS Engine Cover
£90.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery or Collection

Audi TTS engine cover and mounting Pins. Currently, £140 from AKS.

In great condition

Local pickup is also an option
2005 mk5 GTI - high spec
£4000.00
Collection Only

It is with a heavy heart that I put my much loved GTI up for sale due to a new car purchase after 10 great years together.

112,000 miles
Diamond black magic paint
3 door
Manual
MOT til March 2020
Registered May 2005
Bought by myself in January 2009 with 45,000 miles on the clock.
Since then, I have done the following mods to the car:
Painted side skirts, rear bumper and front splitter
R32 / Edition 30 rear lights
Lowered on Eibach Sportlines (about 2 years old)
Full turbo back BCS 'Sports Prestige' exhaust (about 2 years old)
S3 intercooler (about 7 years old)
RCD510 DAB radio
Passat window switches and light switch (chrome tipped)

It's always been mapped with Revo stage 1 since the day I bought it - it's running about 240bhp.
I have always run it on Tesco 99 Super Unleaded.

It's a high spec car with the following factory fitted options:
Black leather heated seats with electric lumbar support
MFSW
Cruise control
Xenon headlights
Dual zone climate control
Highline display
Front centre armrest
Luxury pack - auto lights, rain sensor, heated and folding mirrors, coming/leaving home lights
It did also have the mega rare option of both wing mirrors being anti-dazzle (as well as the rear view mirror) but sadly they don't work anymore.
Not factory fit but I added Kufatec Fiscon Basic Plus for bluetooth calling. It also allows music playback over bluetooth.

The interior is in fantastic condition as I've replaced any worn bits over the years.

I had the wheels refurbed by Platinum Alloys in January 2017 as they were badly corroded with white worm (I've never kerbed any of the wheels). Sadly there are signs of white worm coming back again.

The front wings and tailgate were replaced a few years ago under warranty due to rust. The rest of the paintwork is the only real let down on the car - there are a few stone chips and small rust patches. Nothing that couldn't be easily addressed though.

Full service history including £2000+ of work carried out in the last year for new clutch and fly wheel, timing chain and adjuster replacement and air con compressor.

The car is in Newbury / Thatcham, Berkshire. I hope someone can love it as much as I have.
R32 Ronal Zolder ET51
£150.00
Collection Only

Refurbished December 2014 by Lepsons in VW OEM Bright Chrome Silver, never fitted.

£651 from VW

Offset 51, 7.5" wide

Collection only
  • users Users: 3
  • guests Guests: 186