Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Forum Moved Again
on February 26, 2019, 12:32:35 AM
Sorry for the down time.

The forum has been moved to my server  :evilgrin:.

You should notice that its running a little faster and the search is working. Please point out any bugs.

When I get a bit of time I think an upgrade is in order with image uploads.
Re: Drivers side wing
Last Poster: ZigzGTI in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:03:06 PM
yes, but if its from a non Gti the colour code will be different. bbut fitment should be same

Who still uses main dealers to service and maintain their little pride and joy??
Last Poster: amanda in Random Chat on Today at 10:44:27 AM
Was trying to see if I could get a poll going for the above but I cannot seem to find one!!!! :fighting:

So as they say.........for the sh*ts n giggles let’s see if anyone does  :signLOL:

Well I do!!!!!

And I know someone else does but wether he will admit to it is another question  :thinking:

Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 8th track day at Estoril
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on Today at 01:00:32 AM
Thanks @rex and @gartht23 !

Looking great as always  :happy2:  I don't know what it is with the Pro Race 1.2 wheels.  They look good o

Re: Porsche Cayman 981 Black Edition
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Other VAG on Today at 12:49:08 AM
Brakes look awesome! :drinking:

Your wheels are huge. :laugh:

Re: Just fitted a new style cluster into a 2007 Golf GT
Last Poster: Pissat4motion in Technical Workshop on Today at 12:16:05 AM
look at the wiring on the other side

the loop is in the wrong place, that is why you have the mechanical failure

you should be bale to tweak the coding
What is this code tweaking of which you speak? Done the swap and have the abs/esp error. ABS is good and coding h

Help: R32 rear caliper bleed screw needed [Preston, Lancashire]!
Last Poster: jason_rmh in Wanted on Yesterday at 04:50:44 PM
Bleeding my brakes today and the rear bleed screw has snapped.
Struggling to find one locally.

I think the front and rear bleed screws are the same, although not sure if they're the same on all golfs?

Ive ordered some online, but if I can get one today

Re: Tail light restoration
Last Poster: neilw in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Yesterday at 11:54:14 AM
I'd imagine you can use the same process people do on the headlamps with wet and dry, then polishing.

Re: Intake Manifold Flap
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:31:04 AM
Hmmmm, I'm now wondering if the % is open or closed now  :grin:    Yours is definitely moving but it seems to be the reverse operation of mine!. 99% open makes more sense than 99% closed thinking about it.  The plot does indeed thicken! 

Mine drives perfectly fine though!  God knows.  I'll try a basic settings adaptation and see if that changes anything!

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: stealthwolf in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:03:45 AM
Removed the front seats so I could clean the carpet underneath them!

Immaculate red Ed30 - Sandwell
Last Poster: d0mokun in Spotted on Yesterday at 12:01:39 AM
I saw an immaculate 2007 red three door Eddie (SW07) tonight in Sandwell, heading towards West Brom. It looked fantastic. Friendly driver too!

Dan

Re: Cigarette lighter phone charger
Last Poster: DBXdarkangel in Mk5 General Area on May 17, 2019, 10:30:51 PM
Make sure it's a high amp. 2.4amp will be fine. Anything less won't charge it whilst in use. I.e sat nav.

Re: Front door droop (3 door)
Last Poster: Robsmib in Technical Workshop on May 17, 2019, 07:24:10 PM
Will do soon, no the door doesn't catch, just seems very close to the sill and lets in a drop of water when it rains! And the panel gap looks awful. To be honest only noticed just how bad it is after reading your thread.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Re: Sunset Red 1.4 TSI(TFSI) GT Sport - daily drive & track car
Last Poster: rex in Members Rides on May 17, 2019, 06:32:09 PM
Yup, agree... I need more power  :evilgrin:.
I will eventually do the swap some time...

Yes, definitely film your runs. You will be able to improve your driving skills later on...

Re: Engine bay to Cockpit wire access
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on May 17, 2019, 05:45:18 PM
There's access into the engine bay behind the glove box  :happy2:  Peel back the carpet and you'll see it.

You just pull the sill trim up, carefully.  Dead easy.  I highly recommend buying replacement clips etc ahead of time because they always break or fly off somewhere.  Such is the way with VW trims, they are designed to be fitted once.  Once you pull them off, they n

RNS 510 slow with Kufatec Fiscon Bluetooth
Last Poster: Rossimac in Sat Nav and Car Audio on May 17, 2019, 05:36:59 PM
Hey,

Have been struggling with this fault for the last couple of months now and it's stopped me using bluetooth completely, so some ideas would be great!

I have a 2007 GTI, with a version R RNS 510 and a Kufatec Fiscon Basic Plus.
It's been going strong since fitted in 2015 and I have had 0 problems until now.

When connecting bluetooth, after a

Re: Rear trailing arms
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on May 17, 2019, 05:28:43 PM
 :grin:

I rebushed my Corrado years ago, front to back, all oem rubber.  It drove like new again afterwards.  Really need to do the same on the GTI.  No one likes a soggy old undercarriage.  Even cars need a face lift and some fresh botox from time to time.

Re: vag com engine block 94 cam adjuster
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on May 17, 2019, 04:50:26 PM
My mistake, it is block 93 you need.

If you aren't getting a reading at all, it probably means the physical timing is so far off, the cam sensor signal is outside of the crank correlation window.  In other words, the ECU can't 'see' the cam sensor when it's expecting to see it.

Here is a normal reading from mine at idle.  If I were you, I would verify the cam

Re: Mk5 golf gti standard exhaust system
Last Poster: titchy in Mk5 General Area on May 17, 2019, 04:00:44 PM
I got a middle and back box from Gerlach on E Bay made in Poland excellent quality including fittings took 4 days £91 inc delivery, has chrome tips got a nice burble

Front speakers
Last Poster: Andy1982carp in Mk5 General Area on May 17, 2019, 01:29:03 PM
Hi all fitted on side of my new speakers to my golf last night focal 165as3 now my golf only had two speakers in the front door took my feed from the brown and red and the brown and black from the old speaker plug to the cross over and then rewired the woofer mid and tweeter from the crossover replaced doorcard was all abit right well tried as a comparison to the other side and the

Shoutbox

4 pots brembo bbk
£500.00
Collection Only

500 cash on collection only due to weight
Removed from my 2+ ed30
Brembo 1le calipers (cayenne/touareg)
Merc ml 330mm discs
Aks spigot centering rings
Mounting bolts
Used apec discs (slight lip)
Nearly new apec pads (800 mile)
Nearly new pad fitting kit (800 mile)
Hel braided brake lines 

Just been professionally refurbished new pistons, seals bleed nipples ect
Freshly painted in brembo red with new brembo decals

Any more info or offers message me on 07930275984 as I don't get on here as much anymore cheers, Mitch

If admin require username pics I can get these tomorrow when back at work where the calipers are
MK5 Headlights
£30
Postage: £10.00
Delivery Only

Set of fully working headlights from a mk5 Golf GT-Sport. Removed these from the car as I upgraded the headlights.
The passenger headlight has a small scratch on the cover this doesn’t effect its use.
JL Audio subwoofer boot build with Mono Amp
£300.00
Collection Only

Hi I have for sale a custom made subwoofer box to fit a Mk5 Golf has carpet finish which matches boot area Carpet finish of a Mk5 Golf
the Sub is a JL Audio 10 inch 10w6v2-D4 very heavy and powerful
also included is a Kenwood class D Mono Amp

excellent setup was used in my Mk5 Golf
paid quite a bit of money for this custom setup strong fibre glass construction.

could sell amp separately if you just want the Subwoofer and build

check this website of sub info.

https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/jl-audio-jl-10w6v2-d4-w6v2-series-10-4-ohm-subwoofer.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnpXmBRDUARIsAEo71tQAW21wuOBLLVSsu-bQlZGLfNyFLE50TOdikEHnGvpXCFAdFQ6-R2MaAs45EALw_wcB
Genuine eddy badge
£25.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery Only

Genuine new eddy badge, price includes postage
    Sold
    Kenwood DNX521 DAB VW Seat Skoda approved system .
    £300.00
    Collection Only

Hi I have for sale a  VW group approved Kenwood all of in one system
    has built in
    DAB+ radio
    Sat Nav powered by Garmin
    Bluetooth
    Cd Player
    DVDplayer
    tuner
    many other features check google

looks like factory fit and finish when in dashboard.

plug and play into VW Seat Skoda models and compatible with their canbus systems
    great system removed from my Mk5 Golf 
    i paid around £800 for this new got receipt for it somewhere.

As you can see in pic the screen is perfect