Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Ebay projectors!
on September 29, 2019, 11:21:19 AM
Anyone had any experience with them? Just got myself a set!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
Last Poster: Tharkhold in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 12:36:50 AM
I don’t think the connection differs whether it’s climatic or climatronic but I could be wrong. Can try looking on eBay for pictures of the back to see if they differ.

As for the fuse box - I used empty slots and put new fuses in (so make sure you have spares ready as I ended up having

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: GPem3:16 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:00:11 PM
Finally got my headlight washer bumper moulds paint and fitted them today only took me a few months

[img width=588 height=786]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180410/

Amax coilovers £176 eurocarparts
Last Poster: GPem3:16 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:54:07 PM
Any one had any experience with this kit.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Sky
Last Poster: Andy in Random Chat on Yesterday at 10:24:39 PM
During the lock down I upgraded my sky broadband etc and got a new router and mini q box now today I get a email saying I haven't sent the old router back. Ring sky up and set it should of been a letter and package to sent it back but for the life of me never say it or was told there is a surcharge on the old router.. Looking like I will be paying for it tho
Any one else had t

Re: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Sea Dweller Edition
Last Poster: LC5F in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:58:04 PM
I wouldn't want to risk getting metal shavings into the intercooler.

I would agree - but the hammering and some strategic filling to smooth out the lip has already created chunks of alloy, damage or not I was going to rinse it out several times any way, and I could lean i

Warning
Last Poster: roryscott30 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:23:57 PM
Evening all,

Just returned from an epic west coast of Scotland run and car went faultlessly fully fully loaded. On the return leg I started getting the recent seat belt chime which happens but I just ignore however this time after the sea belt chime the low pressure engine oil warning came on and I switched the car straight off. As I was on a dangerous stretch of road wi

Re: Clutch Pedal Feel
Last Poster: gege12372 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:09:28 PM
shouldnt bump nice and smooth it should be

Looks like I wil have to re-learn clutch control :grin:. Good to know everything is normal.

Re: Best Air Filter/ Induction kit
Last Poster: El1M1N8OR in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 12:34:43 PM
You will need a rubber bobbin where it attaches to the chain cover though, otherwise that section of pipe can sheer off.

Could you elaborate a bit further on the rubber bobbin?

Re: Reflex Silver MK5 Tailgate
Last Poster: El1M1N8OR in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 12:17:52 PM
Mines rusty too unsure what to do

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mine has gone at the badge in the usual spot.  Apart from that the rest of it is in good condition.

Most boot lids I've seen online are covered in scratches or dents.  Probably bette

Re: Ed30 timing chain replacement
Last Poster: BPGTI in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:25:12 AM
I had mine done a few months back at AutoHaus Dolby in Sheffield, this was the breakdown they gave me using genuine parts. They had the cam locking tool too. Made a huge different to smoothness of the engine when the cam chain rattle was gone. Was really happy with the work they did. https://www.autohausdolby.co.uk

£6.56 chain cover gasket
£3.13 cam adjuster bolt

Re: Edition 30 - Register
Last Poster: liamallsoppvw in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 12:50:25 AM
just brought one #0441

Re: Search function
Last Poster: rich83 in Mk5 General Area on August 08, 2020, 10:50:11 PM
Search was furloughed, glad to see it back at at work

:signLOL:

Re: TRW drop links
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on August 08, 2020, 09:29:56 PM
Yes - I recently installed a set of these - this style is a lot better than the spline ones
But I am lucky enough to have several sets of spanners the slimmest fitted.
It could be worse, Mk4 ones are even tighter I had to break out Cycle spanners that are 3mm thick.

New Mk5 from Ireland
Last Poster: Irish_Mk5 in New Member Intro's on August 08, 2020, 04:26:29 PM
Hi Everyone.

I've bought myself a new mk5 golf gti and found this forum while searching for upgrades!

I was glad to see lots of fresh activity here; the majority other forums i've seen have died over the years!
I'll post in Members Rides as soon as I have some suitable photos  :happy2:

Re: Slipping out of 1st & reverse gears
Last Poster: LC5F in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 08, 2020, 01:39:59 PM
bled the clutch until blue in the face and it's still doing it.

Try reverse bleed, from the slave up, the fluid is then working with the air bubbles - old fashioned pump oiler can and some clear hose

I am struggling to get Youtube links to work, the Dieselgeek vi

Re: Wetness on brake fluid reservoir cap
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on August 08, 2020, 01:30:38 PM
The cap should not be an air tight seal

It should be an air tight seal the cap, as brake fluid is hygroscopic.

No - I agree that most brake fluids are hygroscopic, but

Re: Manual gearbox oil
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 08, 2020, 01:13:27 PM
Just for general info really, but I thought I'd give Redline MTL a go as the general consensus is the OEM oil is best.  Just wanted to experiment and find out for myself.

I haven't noticed any change in cold shift quality but when hot, the shift feels more oily and slick, if that makes sense....slightly less chatter/whine noise also  :happy2:

I think VAG have

Re: Screw in a pipe in engine bay, don't know why
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 08, 2020, 01:06:19 PM
I think maybe someone has run a boost gauge in the past? 

Early elbows didn't have that spout (mine doesn't), but I've seen if you buy a replacement vacuum pump hose now, it comes with that spout and is normally plugged with a plastic bung.

Re: Cylinder 4 misfire
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 08, 2020, 11:18:03 AM
Well if it's only £90 labour, I would just fix the original fault first (flap motor) and go from there.

Re: Remap.
Last Poster: Vagnum in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2020, 09:36:54 PM
Can do you a deal on stage 1 remap VAGRemaps at VGS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoutbox

VW Golf Gti Edition 30 MK5 Highline instrument cluster (Clocks)
£200.00
Postage: undefined
Delivery or Collection

As above i have 2 MK5 Golf Gti Edition 30 Highline instrument cluster (Clocks)

Part Number 1K6 920 970E
Part Number: 1K6 920 972

Comes with SKC CODE

In good working order and condition

These are the Early Clusters so is Easier to Code

I CAN ALSO CODE THIS CLUSTER INTO ANY MK5 GOLF BE IT DIESEL OR PETROL

Open to sensible offers

£200 Ono each

Can fit free of charge if collecting

Any questions please call

07983 222 677

Many thanks
Forge Twin Take
£250.00
Collection Only

Selling my Forge Twin Take

Great condition no leaks or splits

No heat shield included

Its still installed on my Edition 30 but will be removed and cleaned on sale

Collection or can be sent via courier at buyers cost

https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Twintake_Induction_Kit_for_VW_Golf_Mk5_Edition_30_Air_Filter_Originally_Incorporated_in_Engine_Cover--product--1277.html
Sold
Dynamic indicators for mk5 golf/jetta
£12.00
Postage: £3.00
Delivery Only

Dynamic wing mirror indicators for sale

ive not owned these very long so as good as new

comes with the tools.
Genuine R32 rear bumper Brand New !!
£265.00
Postage: £45.00
Delivery or Collection

Up for sale is a Genuine R32 Rear bumper lower section complete with genuine diffuser and new reflectors. The bumper has never been painted and is in primer it has some storage scratches and marks and will need full prep ready foor paint i can conform there is no damage to the bumper or fixings.
Happy to wrap the item and post it out cost will be around £45 but its at your risk or you can arrange your own collection please drop me a text/call  07772480088 thanks
R32
£8150.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

Reluctantly selling my R32

It's a 3dr, manual 6spd, highline cluster, cloth interior. Totally standard and unmolested, all I have had done is the needles lit.
    On 82k, haldex has been done recently. Full service and new pads also recently.
    • users Users: 2
    • guests Guests: 342