Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Ebay projectors!
on September 29, 2019, 11:21:19 AM
Anyone had any experience with them? Just got myself a set!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Re: Julessy's Reflex Silver GTI
Last Poster: Julessy in Members Rides on Today at 01:19:01 PM
So quick update. Been in the garage, clutch is now sorted I went for a uprated Sachs clutch. The garage I take the car to ordered the B14 Suspension to arrive for when my car was in but for some reason Bilstein never sent it so it will probably be another 4 week wait for that. So even after spending all this money on the GTI, it is still giving me grief, I took it out yesterday and

Re: Remap.
Last Poster: Vagnum in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:59:18 AM
Google VGS layhams farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Oil Pressure issues
Last Poster: Mekaniko in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:26:30 AM
Good luck! and keep us updated

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Mark_DF05 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:07:02 AM
@GVK probably had mine just as long :signLOL: Yeah it really is that easy, there's a few videos on youtube to help. Just take your time and use plastic trim tools

Re: Slipping out of 1st & reverse gears
Last Poster: mickmurphy92 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 11:14:36 PM
The sump on my GTI (AXX engine) is definitely attached to the gearbox, attaching picture wont work, see below link to similar

https://picclick.co.uk/VW-Golf-GTi-20-Mk5-AXX-sump-pan-223987051768.html#&gid=1&pid=3

Re: Sixteen's Candy White MK5 GTI
Last Poster: Dizzi in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:15:25 PM
What did you use to clean the exhaust up? Mine is exactly the same as what yours was.

Re: Warning
Last Poster: roryscott30 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:54:48 PM
Strainer blocked with heaps of carbon. All back together again and running, will test tomorrow but looks like the culprit. From Looking at diagrams online the oil pump and chains seem to have a black platstic cover, mine doesn’t is that a problem? Looks flimsy online

Re: Viewing mk5 gti advice
Last Poster: Tomi9870 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:54:35 PM
There is no set interval, I'd say 2 years or so.

Cheers, to be on the safe side I'll inspect it and if any signs of wear will replace for peace of mind :)

Re: MK5 2.0 GT TDi injectors
Last Poster: Jayswan26 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:00:35 PM
Does anyone know if the 2004 mk 5 gt tdi 140 are the injectors coded? I had 2 golf mk 5 2004 gt tdi same year same engine i have a bad injector but took all the others out of the spare one i had so can i jist swap.all four injectors straight over?

Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
Last Poster: sukysingh1@gmail.com in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 01:33:13 PM
I'm clear on the connections the only query I have is ref this one wire

Whether the CECM connection is required. In the guide in the table it only lists the requirement for climatronic.. which I do not...

Can anyone else comment on this ? In the guide there are dashes against the Climatic option with or without AC...

CECM          
White (do

Re: FSI vacuum pump
Last Poster: Mark_DF05 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 11:28:16 AM
Is this relatively easy to do? Noticed mine is leaking and want to attempt fixing it.

Re: Revo KO4 turbo kit
Last Poster: Thatredgolf in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:25:50 AM
I do not know anyone with the revo K04 kit. It is just a Borg Warner K04 and they may have done some clean-up on it and got rid of the turbo muffler...so it has a direct outlet. Scroll down (link below) to see pics and they use the word "competitor" without stating which that would be. Is it a clon

Re: GTI Xenon Main beams really dim
Last Poster: ExtraSauce in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 11, 2020, 12:44:35 PM
Hi there

Are you sure that its a brightness issue and not an alignment one?

I had my front Xenon leveller unit break the linkage between the wishbone and body (N/S wishbone mounted).  When this happens the system is set to enter a "safe mode" of dropping the projector units to

Re: Fitting Mk7 Front/Rear Alloy hubs to Mk5
Last Poster: Stupots in Mk5 General Area on August 11, 2020, 10:40:30 AM
How rude; I never did reply to this... but thanks both for your input, it did directly affect my buying choices.  :happy2:

I now have new genuine Passat B6 front hubs and 2nd hand wishbones and, as I have a TDI 4motion, some 2nd hand Mk5 R32 alloy rear hubs... all in my shed waiting to go on. I'm doing all related bushed and top mounts at the same time as well as new FAG

Re: Steering wheel light
Last Poster: JR.303 in Mk5 General Area on August 11, 2020, 07:15:34 AM
Mk5 Golfs have electric steering racks..........no fluid :happy2:
Doh!

Re: Ed30 timing chain replacement
Last Poster: Jdm_r36 in Mk5 General Area on August 10, 2020, 10:53:17 PM
bit of a way from you but VW letchworth said their group had a fixed price of £550 for cambelt and water pump

Thanks for your reply.

I'm looking to do the timing chain not the belt as this has already been done. Cheers

Re: Brake pedal hard (pressurised) in morning?
Last Poster: maxamplitude10 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 10, 2020, 09:49:43 PM
Thanks I'll check it out :happy2:

Re: MK6 manual gearbox > MK5?
Last Poster: probedb in Mk5 General Area on August 10, 2020, 08:12:06 PM
Nothing to add other than to say cheers for the info re gearboxes. Pretty sure mine is getting ready to be replaced but purely through 175k of use :D

Re: Gti / Edition 30 headlight washer retrofit (for legal xenons) Guide - Complete
Last Poster: Robsmib in Technical Workshop on August 10, 2020, 07:36:08 PM
@willni  Great guide, used it to fit to mine recently, Good to see you've had your bumper moldings painted and fitted. Just in case you are unaware you need to go into Instruments with VCDS and add the coding ( I think it was +3) to enable the clocks to display the low water level? Its like the low fuel

Re: 15K After Chain and Tensioner - Warm Rattle Returns!!
Last Poster: f00glee in Mk5 General Area on August 10, 2020, 12:38:55 PM
@f00glee hi mate. Did you get to the bottom of this?

I’ve had a persistent rattle when hot diagnosed as very likely to be a worn oil pump chain/tensioner.  The noise occurs around 1000rpm at idle continues as a

Shoutbox

Genuine 20x8.5” Audi Speedline Le Mans Wheels And Tyres
£650.00
Single Image
    Postage: £50.00
    Delivery or Collection

Set of 4 genuine Audi New type Speedline wheels, removed from a Q5. Also found on TTS, A5, etc. complete with tyres. Can look fantastic when on the right stanced car.

Specs below:
    20x8.5”
    5x112
    ET 33
    Audi Part No - 8R0 601 025 CE

Tyres:
    Tyre 1 - Goodyear Excellence - 255/45/20 - 6.7mm
    Tyre 1 - Goodyear Excellence - 255/45/20 - 5.3mm
    Tyre 1 - Goodyear Excellence - 255/45/20 - 5.4mm
    Tyre 1 - Michelin Latitude Sport 3 - 255/45/20 - 5.7mm

Condition is good but used with some minor marks, as seen in the pictures. Can be sold with or without tyres, please enquire with your preferred option and price without tyres.

Postage via Parcelforce 48hr anywhere in the UK. International, please get in touch.

Please call / text 07935907822 - not online much
    VW Golf Gti Edition 30 MK5 Highline instrument cluster (Clocks)
    £200.00
    Postage: undefined
    Delivery or Collection

As above i have 2 MK5 Golf Gti Edition 30 Highline instrument cluster (Clocks)

Part Number 1K6 920 970E
    Part Number: 1K6 920 972

Comes with SKC CODE

In good working order and condition

These are the Early Clusters so is Easier to Code

I CAN ALSO CODE THIS CLUSTER INTO ANY MK5 GOLF BE IT DIESEL OR PETROL

Open to sensible offers

£200 Ono each

Can fit free of charge if collecting

Any questions please call

07983 222 677

Many thanks
    Forge Twin Take
    £250.00
    Collection Only

Selling my Forge Twin Take

Great condition no leaks or splits

No heat shield included

Its still installed on my Edition 30 but will be removed and cleaned on sale

Collection or can be sent via courier at buyers cost

https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Twintake_Induction_Kit_for_VW_Golf_Mk5_Edition_30_Air_Filter_Originally_Incorporated_in_Engine_Cover--product--1277.html
    Sold
    Dynamic indicators for mk5 golf/jetta
    £12.00
    Postage: £3.00
    Delivery Only

Dynamic wing mirror indicators for sale

ive not owned these very long so as good as new

comes with the tools.
    Genuine R32 rear bumper Brand New !!
    £265.00
    Postage: £45.00
    Delivery or Collection

Up for sale is a Genuine R32 Rear bumper lower section complete with genuine diffuser and new reflectors. The bumper has never been painted and is in primer it has some storage scratches and marks and will need full prep ready foor paint i can conform there is no damage to the bumper or fixings.
    Happy to wrap the item and post it out cost will be around £45 but its at your risk or you can arrange your own collection please drop me a text/call  07772480088 thanks
    • users Users: 8
    • guests Guests: 145