Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Ebay projectors!
on September 29, 2019, 11:21:19 AM
Anyone had any experience with them? Just got myself a set!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Re: Edition 30 cluster to r32 cluster
Last Poster: Eighteen88 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:53:07 AM
@loop where could I find retro Raz - do they have Instagram or a contact number

@RetroRaz here.
[url=https://w

Re: VWR Intake disappointing
Last Poster: JamesED30 in Performance Modifications on Today at 12:26:33 AM
So has anyone heard anything more on this subject??

Re: K03 rebuild/service high miles
Last Poster: titchy in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:29:01 PM
Do a dry then a wet test

Re: GTD on 19s with DCC
Last Poster: shoaybmakda in MK6 General Area on Yesterday at 05:22:34 PM
Decided against the 19s incase they made the ride harsh.

Stuck with the 18" pescaras

P0016 error code
Last Poster: Ricky123 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:59:44 PM
Keep getting p0016 code re appear after a couple of day’s of clearing it. Car seems to run fine at all times other than feeling abit flat higher in the Rev range.

Is it just a case of replacing the cam sensor or is there something else I should be looking at?

Re: Fitting r32 Brake MC
Last Poster: rich83 in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 01:24:46 PM
Has anyone upgraded to the 23.81mm brake MC?

I recently fitted R32 front and rear brakes and im having more travel in the brake pedal. I suspect its the smaller 22mm MC to blame for this and Im considering upgrading to the 23.81mm.

Has anyone done this? is there much involved?<

Sports cat blockage
Last Poster: Ash_89 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 09:47:03 AM
Morning guys

Ive recently had a look inside my old sports cat with a bore scope , was just curious if anyone else has see this inside theirs ? (the cat was assumed blocked)
sorry for the shocking image i know you can only just make out the strange bits inside this was taken just before the bore scopes batterys died

image of turbo side of the cat honeyco

Re: MK5 Climate control/condensation problems
Last Poster: titchy in Mk5 General Area on December 08, 2019, 09:02:40 PM
check cabin/pollen filter

K04 GTI breaking up under boost and running lean
Last Poster: JPK7 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on December 08, 2019, 06:06:11 PM
Have an 07 Gti with a cts turbo K04 and a united Motorsports loaded k04 tune. Car started to break up under anything more than 11 psi one day and my afr gauge shows that the car seems to be running lean. Car has just had the head rebuilt, timing belt, water pump, arp headstuds and all new gaskets done to it. It is an APR HPFP in the car and is running on audi s3 injectors. I cant m

Re: BYD or CDL engine needed for Pirelli Edition GTi
Last Poster: colesey in Wanted on December 08, 2019, 03:52:44 PM
Yes, that one

Re: OIL PICK UP PIPE RUST?
Last Poster: fahim4094 in Mk5 General Area on December 08, 2019, 03:11:21 PM
HI guy,

thanks for the replies.

just got in contact with the AKS they have stated it's just coating coming off and not rust.

Re: Dsg megatronic problem I can help
Last Poster: shoaybmakda in MK6 Modifications & Technical Area on December 08, 2019, 01:29:48 PM
I'm sure it's a called a mechatronic unit....

Re: Harsh front suspension - what to check / replace?
Last Poster: recardo in Mk5 General Area on December 08, 2019, 09:29:56 AM
by way of an update, fitted standard shocks and springs with new top mounts etc.  definitely an improvement over the previous lowered (knackered) setup.

Its still a firm ride, but more compliant. :happy2:

Re: Your best budget mods
Last Poster: colesey in Performance Modifications on December 08, 2019, 07:20:12 AM
I’d second Pudding’s recommendations for arbs and vis hpfp even though they are over the notional budget. I’ve already done both and they are money well spent.

Re: VIS Motorsport HPFP internals
Last Poster: colesey in Mk5 General Area on December 08, 2019, 06:46:09 AM
Great news Kev! I guess you'll be wanting that vcds back to do some logging  :wink:

Btw you may end up leaning off the fuel setting on the Revo SPS now that you have more fuel going in. Look out for a puff of smoke in the rear view mirror when the turbo is boosting hard.

Re: Car warranty - suspension
Last Poster: colesey in Random Chat on December 08, 2019, 06:43:58 AM
It is highly unlikely that you will have any recourse for wear and tear items after such a long time.

Re: Revs drop at 4k
Last Poster: svvg in Mk5 General Area on December 07, 2019, 10:54:59 PM
Thanks. I have a flat spot at 4,000 rpm and had put it down to injectors or standard mapping (it a standard unmodified car). It’s fine on WOT - nice and smooth acceleration - but part throttle occasionally highlights it. Slightly lumpy idle too - will have another look with VCDS - but didn’t have any codes...

Re: Xenon replacement bulbs
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on December 07, 2019, 09:16:07 PM
That's much better  :happy2:  

The way the bulb fits into it's housing feels really vague when fitting it, so I'm not surprised you ran into that problem.

Yeah the Nightbreaker unlimiteds are good bulbs, but I certainly didn't notice an 'extra 70%' brightness over the OEM Philips. It's just marketing flannel!

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on December 07, 2019, 09:00:25 PM
Black Friday bits and pieces.  Fitted the VIS internals and DV+ today.  Hopefully the engine mount inserts tomorrow if the weather's dry.  I've had a DV+ before but the orange rubber bit detached itself from the brass piston.  Hopefully this one will last a bit longer!

<

Re: Fault with electric mirrors
Last Poster: nwa287 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on December 07, 2019, 08:37:37 PM
So there is no sound coming from the right wing mirror when I try and control it. All that happens is that the joystick controls the left mirror (both when the left mirror is selected and when the right one is selected). It sounds like some electrical confusion... any thoughts on how to go about fixing it?

Shoutbox

Sold
2005 Volkswagen Golf GTI MK5 5DR – Graphite Blue with Extras
£0.00
Collection Only

Sadly the time has come for me to move on from the GTI, I had this car for 3 years and used it as my daily to commute to work and back. Unfortunately constant stop/start traffic doesn’t do this car any justice as it should be ripping up the country back roads instead of constantly being stationary in city traffic! Alas my head told me to buy a smaller petrol engine car with Start/Stop to save on fuel costs hence the reason for the sale.

I purchased the car with 101k miles on the clock and in 3 years of ownership the car had just ticked over 123k (about 7k miles a year from my ownership) which is actually below average for a car of this age (assuming a car does 10k miles a year this should be on 140k by now).

No mechanical expenses were spared with a catalogue of invoices to prove and I always used Super Unleaded fuel in the car during my ownership.

The car comes with a few upgrades and subtle touches over standard that some of you eagle eyed enthusiasts may have noticed. Here’s a full run down on the car’s spec:

•   2.0 Turbo (AXX) with 123k on the clock.
•   6 Speed Manual Transmission
•   17x7 Genuine VW New Orleans Alloy Wheels (ET43) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 on the front axle and Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s on the rear axle. All have plenty of life, front set fitted as recent as July 2019! All come in 225/45/17 Y tyres.
•   MK6 GTI Multifunction Steering Wheel with updated Steering Control Module fitted
•   MK7 GTI Golf Ball Style Shifter Knob
•   Updated 7N0 907 530 AM Canbus Gateway module coded and installed (No need to fear on Battery Drain when fitting the latest VW stereos such as RNS510 and RCD330).
•   Full Highline Cluster
•   Heated Leather Seats with Centre Armrest and Cubby
•   RCD300 Stereo with 10 speaker setup and 6 CD-Changer in the armrest
•   Climatic Air Conditioning
•   Full colour coded R32 (smooth) side skirts
•   Colour coded front splitter with gloss black accents in between.
•   Genuine R32 Rear Bumper colour coded with SRS-Tec GTI Exhaust Diffuser finished in gloss black (2 piece – meaning you have an option to go for R32 centre exhausts if you want!)
•   NQSBBK Porsche Boxster 4 Pot Front Brake calipers with Vagbremtechnic fitting kit and HEL steel brake lines. Recently fitted with Pagid road pads (installed in July 2019) so plenty of life. A rare and expensive mod!
•   New red TRW rear brake calipers, pads and discs installed in October 2019, like new with plenty of life.
•   Automatic Headlights, Wipers and Auto-Dimming Mirror
•   Factory Fitted Xenon Headlights with OSRAM D2S bulbs. Also comes with Auto-Levelling and Washers – needed for hassle free MOT compliance!
•   US Indicator DRL Enabled
•   Dynamic Wing Mirror LED Indicators
•   Power Folding Mirrors with Puddle Lights
•   Spare Wheel and Emergency Car Jack Kit
•   Audi R8 Oil Cap
•   Long MOT - Valid till 1st October 2020
•   Full Service Book Pack
•   Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 Oil will be included for free for top-ups
•   2x Keys

Service History:

•   17/07/2006 – 11,914 Miles – VW/Audi Waltham Cross
•   30/07/2007 – 26,652 Miles – VW/Audi Waltham Cross
•   10/06/2009 – 51,622 Miles – VW/Audi Waltham Cross
•   05/04/2012 – 69,855 Miles – AA Motors Lanarkshire, Scotland
•   03/01/2014 – 79,040 Miles – VW Lookers Preston
•   02/10/2014 – 89,050 Miles – VW Carlton Car and Commercial
•   25/08/2015 – 94,320 Miles – VW Willenhall Coachcraft
•   15/04/2016 – 97,912 Miles – Deutsch Tech Service Centre
=== Under My Ownership ===
•   13/07/2016 – 100,744 Miles – Midland VW Cannock (Full Service)
•   11/04/2017 – 106,841 Miles – Midland VW Cannock (Full Service)
•   06/01/2018 – 111,114 Miles – Emperor Garage Performance (New Oil & Filter)
•   21/09/2018 – 115,621 Miles – Midland VW Cannock (Full Service)
•   10/07/2019 – 119,378 Miles – Emperor Garage Performance (New Oil & Filter)

Core Services:

•   Cambelt & Waterpump Change at 100,744 Miles
•   Cam Chain Tensioner Adjusted – 100,744 Miles
•   Oil Pickup Pipe Replacement – 100,744 Miles
•   Diverter Valve Replaced at 100,744 Miles
•   Clutch & DMF Change at 101,951 Miles
•   Gearbox Oil Change – 104,322 Miles
•   Bilstein OE Shocks & Springs Replacement All Round - 114,000 Miles
•   Camshaft Follower Changed – 115,621 Miles
•   Brake Fluid Change – 122,244 Miles

Bad Points:

•   There is corrosion under the boot badge handle (common fault on the earlier MK5’s). This can be repaired but whole GTI tailgates can be had for £80 or less if you wish to pursue this route.
•   There are some minor scratches and stone chips which are expected for a 14 year old car. No dents or major scuffs on the bodywork however.
•   Minor scuff on the front alloy wheels.
•   There is a small white mark on the rear leather seats, this could do with some black leather dye to patch it up properly.
•   There are some bolster wear on the front seats which is common for this car. It hasn’t ripped through however and still in one piece.
•   OEM Air Intake is missing the top plastic cover at the moment (On order, if bought early before I receive it this can be posted to the new owner at no cost)
•   Minor note, the Power Folding Mirrors switch is reversed (I probably got the LHD version by mistake) so when you put it in heating mode it actually folds the mirrors in and folding mirror mode is actually the mirror heater. Bit confusing at first but I got used to it overtime, the moving mirror joystick are fine however.

I am looking for around £3000 which I believe is a fair price considering the optional extras that is included with the car (I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a GTI with similar specs and appearance at this price level). I am not looking for Part Exchange as I already have a replacement car in place. If you want to test drive please bring your driving license and a copy of your insurance certificate to verify that you are legal to drive.

Any questions feel free to PM me for more information on the car.
REVO 2.0 TFSI Air Intake System
£200.00
Collection Only

For sale is a Revo 2.0 TFSI Air Intake System. Considered one of the best in its field the Revo 2.0 TFSI Air Intake System allows you to increase air flow into the 2.0 Turbo engine (EA113) thus making more power and torque, especially for vehicles that have been tuned or remapped. It does this without sacrificing air filtering performance thanks to its three layer foam filter head.

More information on this item and compatibility can be found on Revo's website - https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/20-tfsi-air-intake-system

Grab a bargain from the Recommended Retail Price and unlock the potential of your GTI with this quality peformance item. Looking for £200 or nearest offer, PM me for details.

Condition

The item is used so there are some cosmetic marks, there is a gouge on the heat shield as shown in the picture but this does not affect the performance of the Air Intake itself, in fact when installed most likely this will be covered by intake pipe so generally you won't be able to see it in normal scenarios. Item comes with the silicone pipe, jubilee clips and bolts needed to install along with the Intake and Heat Shield.

Due to the size of the item this is Cash on Collection only, item is located in Smethwick, West Midlands which is just a 10 minute drive away from Junction 2, M5 Motorway.
Sold
MK5 GTI DSG 3DR Graphite Blue Pearl 2006
£0.00
Collection Only

MK5 GTI DSG 3DR Graphite Blue Pearl 2006 - Quick Sale Needed

Reason for sale

Entering into finance agreement on brand new car. This is down as a Part Ex and I'm seeing if I can find it a good home where it will be loved as I have cared for this car over and above normal by far and want this to go to a good home.

The deadline is the 6th of Dec, car to be part exchanged on the 7th.

History

Purchased with 40K on the clock around 4 years ago, the car now has just over 82K. In that time it has had countless services including regular DSG fluid changes and cam follower changes as well as cambelt and water pump. That's obviously on top of filters plugs and regular oil changes.

To my ownership the car had full VW history bar one service. In my ownership the car has only ever been serviced by Jabba Sport In Peterborough. They have thoroughly looked after the car and are the only people I would trust to touch it. Testament to this is I live in London and would travel to Peterborough just for this so a chunk of the mileage is just driving to get it serviced.

I serviced it regularly and after knowing it was in full health It received a stage 1 re-map. This has been impeccable and is a wonderfully smooth drive.

I also changed the aging exhaust about a year into ownership with a powervalve sports prestige system. Its great, looks near enough standard with a perfect fit. I was super keen to have as close to standard sound as possible and this was the perfect system for this. It genuinely sounds lovely. The sound is full and deep without droneing or tinny rattles and gives lovely dsg gear change bops.

Brakes have been regluarly cleaned, checked and replaced where needed with the addition of tarox stainless braided hoses all round.

Paint is in beautiful condition having only ever been hand washed in my ownership with regular waxing and clay bar treatments to keep the paint smooth and enhance the performance of the wax.

Injectors have been kept in good health with a carbon clean performed at around 70k.

Rear tyres are brand new michelin pilot sport 4 and fronts are bridgestone potenza S001. Reason for this is I used to use the potenzas and am mid way to transfering to michelin pilot sport 4's all round. The bridgestones are still good so was waiting to use them up before rotating backs to front and new michelins to back for a full set.

The car is always parked in a secure underground car park and kept under a custom fit car cover.

Same for the seats, they both have custom fit covers to suit the tartan seats perfectly.

I have all service receipts for all work carried out in my ownership and the receipts and history that came with the car.

It has flown through all MOTs with no advisories and will continue to do so if looked after. Next MOT due in Jan.

It also has the Highline computer and dash as well as climate control, electric folding mirrors with puddle lights. Auto dimming rear view mirror and all the feature the highline brings such as being able to open and close windows from the key fob.

I've spent so much more on this in care and maintenance I've lost track so i'm sure there's plenty ive forgotten.

Cosmetic point to mention.

The front bumper has been damaged by a scooter footpeg that clipped the car whilst it was stationary ( have car cam footage to proove ).

I've not repaired this for fear of something like this happening again so to be 100% mint it will need this repaired.

This is reflected in the price as i'm sure you will be able to appreciate, finding one looked after like this, of this spec at this price is very difficult.
Breaking 07 Mk5 GTI 3dr Manual
£1.00
Collection Only

Breaking 07 Mk5 GTI 3dr Manual
BWA Engine 101k
3dr leather
All parts available
Genuine R32 rear bumper Brand New !!
£265.00
Postage: £45.00
Delivery or Collection

Up for sale is a Genuine R32 Rear bumper lower section complete with genuine diffuser and new reflectors. The bumper has never been painted and is in primer it has some storage scratches and marks and will need full prep ready foor paint i can conform there is no damage to the bumper or fixings.
Happy to wrap the item and post it out cost will be around £45 but its at your risk or you can arrange your own collection please drop me a text/call  07772480088 thanks