Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Forum Moved Again
on February 26, 2019, 12:32:35 AM
Sorry for the down time.

The forum has been moved to my server  :evilgrin:.

You should notice that its running a little faster and the search is working. Please point out any bugs.

When I get a bit of time I think an upgrade is in order with image uploads.
Boost tap/ Boost gauge
Last Poster: Trav Turbo in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:10:57 PM
Hi all! What make boost tap are you using to run your boost gauge? I think mine might be slightly leaking from the seal joining Pcv pipe.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Passenger side mirror glass needed
Last Poster: Dave J in Wanted on Yesterday at 10:46:10 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a passenger side mirror glass that they no longer need. Needs to be heated (but I guess all mk5's were) - don't like VW's prices, and I don't want a full mirror unit just for the glass...

Cheers,

Dave

Re: Intake Manifold Flap
Last Poster: Wadgti in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:18:22 PM
Hmmmm, I'm now wondering if the % is open or closed now  :grin:    Yours is definitely moving but it seems to be the reverse operation of mine!. 99% open makes more sense than 99% closed thinking about it.  The plot does indeed thicken! 

Mine drives perfectly fine though!  God knows.  I'

Re: New Insurance time
Last Poster: neilw in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:00:45 PM
I used Greenline myself since modifying my car. They were a bit more expensive than Admiral (maybe 10%) but didn't mind as when you speak to them they actually know what you're talking about when you say "It's got a stainless steel downpipe with sports cat and 10mm wheel spacers" The people I've spoken too there showed an interest in me and my car.

Non-power mods (which

Re: Blue glass gti
Last Poster: Lucky ducky in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:54:39 PM
I like my blue for some reason... God help anyone looking for replacement blue so expensive now

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: GTi-Nugget in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:23:23 PM
Did an 80mile round trip to pickup my milltek 3" downpipe with sports cat, should be on the car in the next week or two

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Re: Mk5 GTI - TLC
Last Poster: bobby_fodge in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:19:21 PM
Why did you change the gear oil? I was told from VW that's it's gear oil for life and shouldn't be replaced?
I changed mine thinking it would fix my clutch rumble and gear notching. Didn't make any difference for me  :(

BMW say the same, empty the oil out and it lo

Re: Recon rack fitted, problem!
Last Poster: Rigsby in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:08:32 PM
Update, now it’s making the noise when not moving.
Lock to lock results in a light knocking which appears to be coming from the drivers
Front area.

Re: Door Lock Mechanisms (again I guess) - Ebay vs VAG
Last Poster: astyy in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:32:53 PM
I worked on this today.  First, removed the door outerskin so I could pull the rubber boot into the door to better inspect the door to pillar loom where it kinks.  All looked very good indeed, I guess being the passenger door it receives less wear and tear (not the story on the tailgate loom for another thread).

The ebay lock mech currently fitted couldn't even be manual

Re: Matts Mk5 gti Nurburgring /daily /track car
Last Poster: M77MWW in Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:28:25 AM
Drive it to work day

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Re: What front ARB people got?
Last Poster: bobby_fodge in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:06:16 AM
KW from DPM performance. Makes the car corner much flatter. I fitted new front and rear bars at the same time so I'm not sure how much improvement I would have felt from just upgrading the front.

Re: Who still uses main dealers to service and maintain their little pride and joy??
Last Poster: rich83 in Random Chat on Yesterday at 12:30:03 AM
Not used a main dealer for years.

Re: Broken sensor
Last Poster: rich83 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 12:29:12 AM
The actual look connector looks ok so you would just need the sensor. 

Re: Grey gttdi 250bhp
Last Poster: Joelewis55 in Members Rides on May 19, 2019, 10:11:33 PM
Added an APR carbon intake today and made some adjustments to some of the boost pipes. Also made a little carbon 'shield' next to the tandem pump as it gets fairly hot. Think I'll be wrapping the inlet pipe with heat wrap too eventually.
After monitoring temperatures on my dash with polar fis, the intake temp used to sit 2 degrees c above ambient, and whilst the hammer was do

Re: Mk5 golf gti standard exhaust system
Last Poster: SuperAdventurer in Mk5 General Area on May 19, 2019, 09:30:24 PM
Hello,

I have a turbo back standard system. Removed from my edition 30 about a year ago.

Cheers Gary

Re: Project Tornado
Last Poster: andymac1981 in Members Rides on May 19, 2019, 07:56:59 PM
So I have been busy over the last week to nine days and have done quite a few things to the car to make it my own. Some might not be to everyones taste but here is a list and some pictures.

Rear wiper delete
LED strip lights in footwells
Cam position sensor
Pioneer head unit with Apple Car Play
Interior trim vinyl wrapped red

So tomorrow wi

Re: * Jetta 2.0TDi Sport - Clutch Pedal / Clutch Issue?.... Now 1st Gear Issue *
Last Poster: XxMK5xX in Mk5 General Area on May 19, 2019, 07:10:36 PM
Thank You 'Pudding'.... I seem to have a issue with 1st gear now too - does not want to engage (even when depressing the clutch more than once) - Don't suppose you have any ideas as to why this may happen?

Thanks In Advance  :happy2:

Re: Drivers side wing
Last Poster: Shamm in Mk5 General Area on May 19, 2019, 04:48:01 PM
Whats the cost on a respray for a wing?

Xenon headlights gone off
Last Poster: ZigzGTI in Mk5 General Area on May 19, 2019, 01:32:28 PM
An issue appeared from yesterday. So while I was driving (urban roads with speed humps) the left dipped beam failure sign appeared on the dash. 

Later that day I watched the right headlight flicker and lowly shut off. Since then when I trn the headlights on I get a spark at most but the main beams do not turn on.

Would this be the igniter or the bulb itself?

Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 8th track day at Estoril
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on May 19, 2019, 01:00:32 AM
Thanks @rex and @gartht23 !

Looking great as always  :happy2:  I don't know what it is with the Pro Race 1.2 wheels.  They look good o

Shoutbox

Armrest MDI Unit - 5N0 035 341F
£23.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Volkswagen MDI Module, part number: 5N0 035 341 F.

If you’re looking at this you probably know what it is, but to confirm, it can be used in various VAG models and is frequently paired with RNS510 units to allow AUX-IN, USB & iPod connectivity.

This is the standalone unit and no wiring looms or adapters are included. VCDS may also be required after installation.

Item is used, but in full working order.

£23.00 with Royal Mail 2nd Class postage included, payment via PayPal.
or
£20.00 collected from High Wycombe (Buckinghamshire) during the day or from Thame (Oxfordshire) in the evenings and weekends, payment via cash.
Golf Mk5 Underseat Drawers - Genuine OEM
£75.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery or Collection

I have for sale a pair of underseat drawers in anthracite (part of factory storage pack) that I retrofitted to my Mk5 Golf some years back.
They are in good condition and were a good option to have at the time.

What’s included:
Right
–   5M0 881 892 A – Carpet Insert (x1)
–   1K0 881 548 A – Bracket (x1)
–   1K0 882 602 E – Drawer (x1)
–   1K0 882 600 B – Frame (x1)
–   T20 Torx Screws (x4)

Left
–   5M0 881 891 A – Carpet Insert (x1)
–   1K0 881 547 A – Bracket (x1)
–   1K0 882 601 J – Drawer (x1)
–   1K0 882 599 B – Frame (x1)
–   T20 Torx Screws (x4)

What’s required to complete the kit:
–   N  90097802 – Pop Rivet (x4)
–   T20 Torx Screws (x2)

The part number for the pop rivet above is as per what Etka calls for. You obviously don’t need to use the specific Volkswagen part; I used my own pop rivets.

You should have 5 Torx Screws each side but when I purchased these from Volkswagen, they only had 8 in stock. I never had an issue with using 4 each side, the units were solid and were not going to move.

Installation Guides:
–   https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2228
–   https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21486
–   

I followed the GolfMkV Forum post above to both install and remove. By following these guides, you do so at your own risk and I take no liability.

The seats don’t have to be removed fully, just undo the rail bolts, lean the seats back and ensure the airbag wiring/terminals stay put as unsettling them will throw an airbag warning light on your dash.

Notes:
–   Where I have drilled out the pop rivets from the brackets to remove them from my seats, I have marked them slightly. I have tried to show this in the photos but once they are installed you won’t be able to see them.
–   The faces of the drawers are generally in really good condition given their age. I have tried to show any scuffs in the photos but they really are minimal.

£85.00 with postage included, payment via PayPal.
or
£75.00 collected from High Wycombe (Buckinghamshire) during the day or from Thame (Oxfordshire) in the evenings and weekends, payment via cash.
LED reverse light bulb  (MK5)
£8.00
Postage: undefined
Delivery or Collection

15 led 6000k canbus error-free reverse bulb

Ideal replacement for the standard dull halogen bulb
Fits:
Jetta V/VI
Golf V
Polo 6R
Passat B6/ R36

Also fit other cars with 1156 bulb fitment, even fitted one in my sister ka

Same bulb as being sold here by bold-sport

Will be sent 1st class, have a few available and will do discounted price for additional bulbs

LED rear fog light bulb (MK5)
£8.00
Single Image
    undefined

Also have some red led for the rear fog haven't had time to try / take photo of these installed yet but will do in the next few days.

P.s do anyone know how to get a good photo of the bulbs at night? As they don't photo well being bright. Only have iphone or compact camera.

LED reverse light bulb  (MK6)
    £10.00
    Single Image
      Delivery Only

15 led 6000k canbus error-free reverse bulb

Ideal replacement for the standard dull halogen bulb
      Fits:
      Golf VI R LED Taillight
      Scirocco MK3
      Passat B7
      Tiguan

Also fit other cars with T15 bulb fitment

Same bulb as being sold here by bold-sport

Will be sent 1st class, have a few available and will do discounted price for additional bulbs

If paying buy goods please add an extra 50p
      LED brake / tail lights error free
      £25.00
      Single Image
        Delivery or Collection

After many trials I have got some bulbs for rear brake / tail lights.

Although not a drastic improvement as the above reverse / fog lights, it's a subtle difference, being a slight deeper red and more equally spread through the cluster. See the photo of LED vs element. (Rear cluster is split in two brake and tail lights)

Price is for a full set of 4.

Same bulb as sold by bold-sport here
        4 pots brembo bbk
        £500.00
        Collection Only

500 cash on collection only due to weight
        Removed from my 2+ ed30
        Brembo 1le calipers (cayenne/touareg)
        Merc ml 330mm discs
        Aks spigot centering rings
        Mounting bolts
        Used apec discs (slight lip)
        Nearly new apec pads (800 mile)
        Nearly new pad fitting kit (800 mile)
        Hel braided brake lines 

Just been professionally refurbished new pistons, seals bleed nipples ect
        Freshly painted in brembo red with new brembo decals

Any more info or offers message me on 07930275984 as I don't get on here as much anymore cheers, Mitch

If admin require username pics I can get these tomorrow when back at work where the calipers are
        Sold
        JL Audio subwoofer boot build
        £200.00
        Collection Only

Hi I have for sale a custom made subwoofer box to fit a Mk5 Golf has carpet finish which matches boot area Carpet finish of a Mk5 Golf
        the Sub is a JL Audio 10 inch 10w6v2-D4 very heavy and powerful

excellent setup was used in my Mk5 Golf
        paid quite a bit of money for this custom setup strong fibre glass construction.

could sell amp separately if you just want the Subwoofer and build

check this website of sub info.

https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/jl-audio-jl-10w6v2-d4-w6v2-series-10-4-ohm-subwoofer.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnpXmBRDUARIsAEo71tQAW21wuOBLLVSsu-bQlZGLfNyFLE50TOdikEHnGvpXCFAdFQ6-R2MaAs45EALw_wcB
        Genuine eddy badge
        £25.00
        Single Image
          Postage: £0.00
          Delivery Only

Genuine new eddy badge, price includes postage