Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Seat fabric / cover
« Last post by Birchy on Yesterday at 08:51:46 pm »
After some thoughts / input if it’s ok to ask here?

I managed to get ahold of a pair of NOS heated seat covers for MK5 GTi front tartan seats. Both base and backrest. I’ve used one of them and have one spare as my passenger seat is in good condition still.

My question is what I should be asking price wise? I can’t find any others online to compare for price. Also how I should describe it to stand out from generic seat covers?

One thing I should mention is that the only difference is that the airbag tag on the backrest will be on the inside of the seat rather than the outside. I’ve included a picture to show what I mean. It doesn’t affect how the cover fits.

Thanks!

Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by Birchy on Yesterday at 08:25:24 pm »
Second project within a week was fitting a set of Bilstein B8 shocks. I was already running H&R springs so they should work well together from what I’ve read. Opted for the MK5 shocks as it’s not a daily driver. I’ve been for a short drive round the block and first impressions are very good. The car is sitting approx 10mm higher than before but it’s not had much chance to settle in so will check it again once it’s been on a longer drive.

Just a bit of an update after having a chance to go for a longer drive…the ride seems so so much better! Ride height has settled now and is around 5mm higher than I was on the standard (tired) shocks.

If anyone is considering the same, I found the best prices to source the shocks was from DemonTweeks at £575 for all 4.
Mk5 General Area / Re: bilstein b14 coilovers
« Last post by terrier on Yesterday at 12:15:34 pm »
They do  Nice recess for a rtchet too :happy2:
Mk5 General Area / Manual transmission oil type
« Last post by MKVASMR on Yesterday at 11:09:18 am »
Hi guys. So I have a nasty leak on my end cap and I will be sorting that out in a next couple of days. I have a couple of questions. I took a look and it seems that the shim I seated after the cap. Should it be the other way around? Next thing I will be needing a part number for the cap. The car is 08. 6speed manual.
And the last thing the oil. I can get the G 052 171 A2 from the stealer for around 130€ per bottle! Which is crazy expensive. Other options are the G055 and G060 which are significantly cheaper. Which rout to go with?
Mk5 General Area / rs3 lpfp
« Last post by 9MAK on Yesterday at 05:35:25 am »
Hi, is rs3 lpfp plug and play? or does it need tuning? also does anyone know how to mod the lever so it reads the correct fuel level? or can i just swap the lever from my stock pump?
« Last post by 9MAK on Yesterday at 05:30:19 am »
Mine are stamped 84.  Ive seen B14/16 C spanners for less than £20/pr. Bilstein replacements will be more 
EDIT  true "uniquevans"

do these look correct?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125558641560?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nOfLgDXzT-q&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=a5xxww4sswg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
« Last post by 9MAK on Yesterday at 05:28:14 am »
Mine are stamped 84.  Ive seen B14/16 C spanners for less than £20/pr. Bilstein replacements will be more 
EDIT  true "uniquevans"

is there supposed to be one or two spanners?
« Last post by terrier on April 27, 2024, 04:46:33 pm »
EDIT  true "uniquevans"
Mk5 General Area / bilstein b14 coilovers
« Last post by 9MAK on April 27, 2024, 01:11:44 pm »
Hi, does anyone know the size of the adjustment tools for b14 coilovers or know where i can buy them?
Mk5 General Area / Re: Mk5 GT impossible tapping noise
« Last post by Von on April 27, 2024, 12:21:28 pm »
Yeah i guess it is unlucky, to be fair though it doesnt take away from the driving experience, but safe to say i wont be buying another 1.4 tsi, i dont remember if they specified why that piston is behaving badly, right now i’m going to replace the timing chain and tensioner which will hopefully solve the problem, also they told me that my turbocharger axis is going too, so a new day, a new pain.
Edit: it was there since i bought it, the previous owner told me it was a tappet and i believed it because it really does sound like a tappet, so i went and changed them and even put hydraulic oil for tappets in it but it hasnt helped.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10