Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: Mk5 GT impossible tapping noise
« Last post by Von on Today at 06:44:41 pm »
I haven’t thought of that, but the mechanics said the noise is coming from somewhere under the engine.
Mk5 General Area / rear spoiler (third) brake light fuse location
« Last post by K03MK5 on Today at 05:48:45 pm »
Anyone know where the fuse is located for the rear spoiler (third) brake light?  Thanks
Mk5 General Area / Re: Mk5 GT impossible tapping noise
« Last post by OllieVRS on Today at 04:04:16 pm »
I don't know much about TSIs, but if this was the 2.0 TFSI I was straight away say it's a failing cam chain tensioner.

Can you pinpoint where the sound is coming from?
Mk5 General Area / Mk5 GT impossible tapping noise
« Last post by Von on Today at 01:41:13 pm »
Hi, since i purchased this 1.4 TSI BLG Mk.5 GT GOLF as my first car, I've been having problems with this tapping noise, it's only audible from 800rpm til 2k rpm.
This is a list of parts i have replaced in the last 4 months of ownership:
>2x Camshaft adjustment control valve
>2x Camshaft adjuster
>Camshaft position sensor
>Tappets
>2x Sparkplugs
>HPFP
>Piston Rings
>Rod Bearings
>and a few other sensors
Plus manual cleaning of the MAF, intake, throttle body, valves and such, however none of these helped even slightly and now the car is running worse than ever, i've had piston chamber compression tests done and they came out fine, with only one piston being slightly affected, it's running at about 80% what it should be, also oil pressure tests came out fine, they also said the timing chain system is fine. Something interesting happened yesterday, when I took out the Camshaft adjustment control valve and started the engine without it, the tapping was barely audible while close to the engine with the bonnet up, but as soon as you revved it the tapping came back, that got me thinking if its something electrical rather than mechanic, so i took it to an electrician who checked the ECU and told me everything was fine. This car has truly done my head in and the mechanics are sick of seeing it, how should i go about fixing it?   :thinking:
Video of tapping noise:

New Member Intro's / Re: Newbie
« Last post by Flyingscotsman on Today at 07:37:24 am »
welcome to the forum!
Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by richievr on Yesterday at 09:40:55 pm »
Very good effort sir 👏
Mk5 General Area / Re: Cambelt Change
« Last post by Jons1001 on Yesterday at 12:25:35 pm »
How about bolts for the crank pulley and engine mount? Renew the alternator belt as well? Anti-freeze to replace the coolant?

Good shout on the Alternator belt, looking through paperwork previous owner did this at the last cambelt change so will do it again. Don't suppose you know which bolts I would need?
Mk5 General Area / Re: Cambelt Change
« Last post by Octoparrot on Yesterday at 12:18:33 pm »
How about bolts for the crank pulley and engine mount? Renew the alternator belt as well? Anti-freeze to replace the coolant?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10