Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Lewo's idea of the pre-cat delete is a good one, but in my opinion the sound of a sports cat is worth the extra cost associated, plus a little more airflow over the standard main cat. And if you're lazy (like me) it's a plus, as you don't have to bash/cut/weld the pre-cat yourself, just out with the OEM downpipe and in with the new.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Metallic sound from engine, possible timing stretch?
« Last post by OllieVRS on April 04, 2024, 02:20:19 pm »
There's two places to check before determining it could be the timing chain: Left circle is the tensioner for the auxiliary belt, right circle is the Evap Purge Valve (N80). Both can make a metallic noise. Put your ear to both and see if either is the source of the noise.

Mk5 General Area / Re: GTI grill replacement
« Last post by Octoparrot on April 04, 2024, 12:16:19 pm »
Putting the number plate on the lower grill is just going to block off more air to the intercooler.  :stupid:
« Last post by TheBALDpuma on April 04, 2024, 09:40:46 am »
Nice thank you. Yeah it looks good, I might go that route. Also on the option list is to put a sticker plate off centre under the light.  Not sure on that one.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Wheel Color Ideas
« Last post by Lewo on April 04, 2024, 09:09:51 am »

« Last post by Lewo on April 04, 2024, 08:43:00 am »

Got the clips on ebay, I'll try and find a link.
Did you say you're running with boths cats?
Rtech advice on having a pre-cat delete done.
On mine with it done & a panel filter I got 214bhp so an easy gain and turbo spools quicker.
So if you do decide to keep standard downpipe with either turbo do the delete!

Yeah I've already ordered a downpipe with a sports cat. It's as you've said, it'll make the turbo spool faster, free up some HP and also wont hold all that heat right behind the turbo. No wonder K03's crack even on a stock car..
« Last post by TheBALDpuma on April 03, 2024, 07:59:12 pm »
Ah nice, I will go for for it. Planning on getting lower and upper grill so they match colour rather than keeping the faded lower grill.

Have you got any photos with your plate mounted low down? I hadn't thought of that I was going to drill into the smooth plastic to attach a plate holder
Mk5 General Area / Re: Metallic sound from engine, possible timing stretch?
« Last post by hcmzah on April 03, 2024, 05:49:49 pm »
I can't hear any metallic sound from the video, could you perhaps record a video recording around the engine bay to see where it's loudest?

Yes the specs look fine, but was the engine fully up to temperature when you measured the figures? And any other engine fault codes?

Yes engine was fully up to temp, no other faults.

I honestly can't find out where it's coming from exactly, but here's a video from the engine bay - fully up to temp.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]