Make a donation

Forum News

Forum Donations 2022
on April 29, 2022, 08:22:20 pm
HI Guys

The forum kitty is running a little low we have enough for another two months.

I have setup another money pool this will run for one month. The donate banner should also take you to the donation page.

Thanks again for your support  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8JmDrPUnaS

Re: It had to happen sooner or later
Last Poster: Freem82 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:55:54 pm
Just so you know pudding, I came from an f30 330d msport to my current pirelli edition. I only owned the beemer for 6 months before doing a deal with some local guy, it was so bloody boring, even with a stage 1 map. The chassis is good but the steering is nothing short of awful. No feel what so ever.
But, it was a lovely car to look at and be in and the ZF box is superb. Just

Re: Drivers side mirror indicator connector dodgy
Last Poster: LC5F in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Today at 07:41:28 pm
I would have a look at the condition - depending how bad it is just a spray contact cleaner may do, if bad needle file the crud off and add dab of dialectic grease to help it seal.
If you go back in and find its clean, it would suggest the light has failed.

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: colesey in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:16:02 pm
@mjmallia - don’t think twice about adding the braided hose as it makes a bigger difference than the bleeder block restrictor. Clutch action becomes quicker / lighter / more accurate.

Re: Strong pull to the right
Last Poster: Hobo Ben in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:25:09 pm
Update: I'#039ve replaced the rear control arms and eccentric bolts; all alignment values are within specs now. The pull to the right is the same, so probably it wasn'#039t caused by the out of spec and asymmetric rear toe value. At least the handling of the car is a bit better…

Regarding the front brake drag: I’ve lifted the front wheels and compared how they roll while they’

Pretty bad PCV…
Last Poster: SANDEGTI in Mk5 General Area on Today at 04:54:19 pm
Hello everyone, decided to have a little tear down today and checked over a few things and managed to get the PCV off and take a little look. I didn’t quite expect the gunk and oil as the car only seemed a little lumpy, nothing serious but on inspection it should be running like absolute sh*t!! Ordered a new one including the gasket as would rather be safe and not have to do it aga

Re: Hugyourcar.com
Last Poster: breeze in Mk5 General Area on Today at 03:19:26 pm
Actually getting to the point of not really enjoying driving my edition 30. Unless it'#039s having its head kicked in i don'#039t find it a particularly nice drive anymore. Getting old I guess.

Seems a

Re: Thermostat questions
Last Poster: OllieVRS in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:37:32 am
I'#039m going to go down the alternator removal route with this. Seen a few videos on that way and have had prior experience on my other car on removing the alternator and getting it back it.

@OllieVRS - where d

Re: Xenon headlights dipped down
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:50:59 am
They do a level check every time you start the car I believe.

Get a scan tool and look in the Xenon range module for fault codes.

AC ISSUE
Last Poster: DV8 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:10:12 pm
I’m brand new to this forum page so I do apologise if this is in the wrong area…

I recently bought an 2008 Edition 30 GTI.

It didn’t come without its issues and I’m sure I’ll be here a lot more.

So one of the issues I’m sure isn’t GTI specific but my AC doesn’t seem to work, granted I haven’t done any troubleshooting yet I initially thought it might

Re: New car: R32
Last Poster: Andy in Members Rides on Yesterday at 07:11:30 pm

Re: What the hells happened I hate this edition 30!!!!
Last Poster: ROH ECHT in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 05:56:59 pm
Ah...OK. So the gauge tube was not yet hooked up.
What can be found brittle on these is the Brake booster tubing. Sometimes just a slight movement of them can cause them to crack and cause air inlet leaks.
If it still has the "quotengine cover/air filter box"quot...removing or replacing the cover can break the N276 (fuel rail pressure regulating valve) connector on top of the

RNS 510 Bluetooth
Last Poster: mariomk5 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 01:42:49 pm
Hello new here,

I know that the topic of bluetooth in the rns 510 is annoying for you, but in all the topics that were discussed, I could not understand what I need in my mk5 08.

Currently in my vehicle is this configuration:
RNS 510 1t0035680b
Bluetooth module 1k8 035 730 (Nokia)
And mobile cradle which was previously connected to the VW Touch

Re: New Here
Last Poster: Clarkj93 in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 10:09:58 am
Nice nbsp :happy2: everyone raves about RTech including me and rightly so as a good place to go for tuning. But there are a lot of other alternatives that are just as good out there.

Don'#039t really see many meet ups on here unfortunately although Im at Pembrey next Saturday 13th and Llandow on 24th September, cars retiring for the rest of the year then for some more mods ove

Re: Alex's Shadow Blue GTI
Last Poster: pandaman in Members Rides on Yesterday at 07:15:06 am
Washed and taken to the coast, pulled over for some pics on the way back.

Re: Ignition and cranking circuit dead but other circuits OK
Last Poster: jeupham in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2022, 10:57:40 pm
I think I have sussed it.

The noise was coming from the KL15 / 460 relay which is for the starter motor and ignition circuits.

I'll replace it shortly and report back.

The alternative is the 469 relay which is for the fuel pump but I don't think so.

John

Re: Lost power, no codes
Last Poster: Vagsobik in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 07, 2022, 09:48:02 pm
Hi,since there are no errors logs are the basis. The loss of power does not have to be due to the boost pressure.

Hey golf funs
Last Poster: Vagsobik in New Member Intro's on August 07, 2022, 09:40:38 pm
Hi
I'#039d like to say hi to you guys.
I will try my best to write, my English is not very good, but I think I can contribute a lot to the discussion and help a little.
I repair vag group cars and I can help, but sometimes I am also looking for answers to various faults.

I have had golf v gti for 2 months. The moment I bought it, I try to bring it to the best

Re: Oil pick-up pipe / sealant
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2022, 01:56:36 pm
Due to shaft girth, it will be harder to line up the 3/8 on an extension - do able, but you would be better off with a slim T-handle allen, but with a ball like below:

Either way, get under the sump with a phone light and wo

Re: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Fun with Handbrake
Last Poster: LC5F in Members Rides on August 07, 2022, 01:34:41 pm
So I finally managed to rebuild my powder coated rear calipers.
I moaned before about the what the company did - I wont be using again did by not blocking up openings/threads - the bores had been blasted and rough, so these needed honing. The threads for the brake line and bleed were also messed up - they were very close to being scrap.
The tubes in the carriers for Slid

Re: Pirelli Edition - Register
Last Poster: Freem82 in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2022, 11:07:54 am
Black 2008 dsg 77k miles Cumbria

Shoutbox

Back to standard lots of Parts
£0.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Team the time has come to put the golf back to standard thanks to ULEZ. Anyway below is just the tip of the iceberg as to what is available please contact me via this site or if you want a no no noncece reply call/text on 07772480088.

I price my parts fairly and other members on hear and other sites who have bought from me will hopefully agree. SO PLEASE DONT EXPECT ME TO GIVE THESE AWAY.I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH.

Alot of parts are R32 which have been bought new from the dealers a two minute walk from my house so i know the history behind them . These are all in excellent condition but please remember these are used parts which have been on my daily car,

R32 Leather bucket seats £1700 this is complete interior including door cards
R32 front bumper complete £395.
R32 rear bumper with sensors £285
H&R Suspension £550 cost £1100
Edition 30 steering wheel £285.
Edition 30 gear knob £125
RNS 510 version C £285
R32 Trim door and ash tray £150
R32 phase 2 wheels £550 Excellent Bridgestone tyres
Xenon headlights £350 bought new complete with bulbs ballast and ignitors
there is alot more chrome switches, boot pop kit etc
Also have the black headlining complete

I CAN PROVIDE MORE PICTURES ON REQUEST HAPPY TO POST PARTS OUT BUT PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT COURIERS ARE NOT CHEAP AND A BIT CLUMSY BUT SENT PART OUT BEFORE INCLUDING LIGHTS NO ISSUES

RNS 510 with Bluetooth module, loom, mic and GPS antenna
£275.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Hi all

My complete RNS 510 kit is for sale, purchased when my other unit failed but no longer required, as I now have a Discover Media. This is the LED (Star button) version and has also been upgraded to a 64GB SSD and repartitioned to allow 30GB of media and plenty for maps. It runs a little quicker than the original HDD but is also cooler and more reliable in a cars bumpy environment. Great unmarked screen and good overall condition. £325 is more than fair with all the extras, so no offers.

Latest maps v17 Western Europe maps (8557) and running 5238 firmware.

Includes:
RNS 510 LED with SSD upgrade and latest maps as described above
Bluetooth module (mounting tabs cut off so it would fit behind the Climate Control panel, so no need to run wires under the passenger seat).
Bluetooth wiring loom + Genuine mic
GPS Antenna

Everything you need to get going, just some coding required with VCDS to enable all the features (plenty of info available online).

Free delivery and payment by Paypal "friends and family". I reserve the right not to sell to newly registered members to help avoid fraud.

PM me if you're interested. Once payment is received it will be marked as SOLD so if it's not then it's still available.

Thanks

Stu
KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop
£325.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop for a mk5 VW Golf Gti.
Used for under 6k miles.
Putting car back to standard.
Collection or Postage extra.
Can deliver locally for petrol money.
FOLKESTONE, KENT.
£325
Highline cluster
£250.00
Postage: £9.99
Delivery or Collection

Genuine Highline cluster removed from a very low mileage r32 prior to being fitted to my gtd. This is in excellent condition no damage to clips, fitting and no scratches. These can be fitted, coded to any gti,tdi,r32.Genuine uk spec clocks please check the pictures for condition and part no. I am happy to post these out for a small fee.
IN PRO MIRROR COVERS
£35.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery or Collection

I have for sale a set of Inpro mirror covers in a matt chrome finish . They look like the Audi RS range very smart when fitted. These are used items and have a small amount of chrome missing but not noticeable when fitted its right in the corner where the mirror folds.
I dont think these are available from Inpro anymore so quite rare items, all clips intact happy to post them out for a small fee.
  • users Users: 5
  • guests Guests: 302