« Last post by Andy on Today at 09:07:19 am »
i=V58e4MGy7HM-OW3c
Announcements / Re: Forum Donations 2024
« Last post by Andy on Yesterday at 08:01:16 pm »
Done
MK6 Members Rides / Re: Mk6 1.6tdi
« Last post by Mk60ben on Yesterday at 07:39:32 pm »
Thanks. Buy rasing the suspension
Mk5 General Area / Re: Passenger door wont open?
« Last post by mike1581 on Yesterday at 04:24:12 pm »
Try this; unlock the doors ensuring the passenger side did unlock. Now push the 'thumb' part of the outside door handle (the part which may have the key barrel in) and push hard into the door until it clicks. If it does click, your door should open. You can then go ahead and get the necessary mechanism inspected/repaired.

Hope it works!

Thanks so much, I found this post today and it worked for me. It took me a while to figure out why this worked though. My problem was my own making, rather than an electrical issue. I had recently removed the door skin to replace the window glass and regulator. It seems that when I reassembled the cable into the handle I had stretched it too far so that it was at its maximum reach. Once I had the door open I unclipped it and slotted it back in half way along instead of at full reach and the door now unlocks and can be opened with the handle again. Adding this comment here in case anyone hits the same problem as me when reassembling their door.

Mk5 General Area / Re: stage 1 with sports cat
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 03:05:58 pm »
A 200cel sports cat sounds lovely even with the rest of the exhaust being completely stock. Ever so slightly slouder but you wouldn't notice it unless you were driving with the windows down. It gives the exhaust note a nice rasp, not the annoying 1.0 fiesta type but the performance engine type.

I've got one from MPDevelopments and it sounds great, no drone. Rest of exhaust is stock. Make sure you get an adapter as the stock exhaust is a weird size.

You should definitely get a remap to take full advantage of the sports cat, otherwise the hp improvement is negligible. And make sure the CEL is mapped out.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Shakey Cold Start
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 03:01:02 pm »
Managed to get an intake cam for €50 off a friend whose vrs had low oil pressure and left a nice hole in his block. Initially was sceptical because of the oil pressure possibly wrecking it but it looks much better than mine.

Here's some pics

Now, I know it's not perfect, but I think it's multitudes better than mine. But I'd appreciate if you guys could weigh in and tell me what you think.

Part number 06F109101B, pretty sure that means a bog standard original AXX/BWA cam.

Cheers  :happy2:

How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Drivers window switch
« Last post by terrier on Yesterday at 10:34:08 am »
Have you tried press and hold up and down No release till fully open then closed
Mk5 General Area / Re: Attention ED30 and Pirelli edition DSG owners
« Last post by rsbelly on Yesterday at 08:54:46 am »
Just for further information we decided to use the flywheel from the Edition 35, just because it’s closer to the original power of the Edition 30/Pirelli.

VW part no 06F105266A (Edition 35)
Mk5 General Area / Re: stage 1 with sports cat
« Last post by K03MK5 on March 01, 2024, 10:01:39 pm »
Hi,

I had this setup originally with a stage 1 map its plenty loud enough with out the drone and had no problems.  Just had my mapper delete the O2 Sensors.

https://www.regalautosport.com/shop/SSXAU200-Milltek-Cast-Downpipe-with-HJS-High-Flow-Sports-Cat-for-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk5-GTi-Edition-30-2-0T-FSi-230PS.html

How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Drivers window switch
« Last post by PCJ on March 01, 2024, 09:49:45 pm »
Hi all
I’m new here so apologies if this has already been mentioned, my drivers window closes only when holding the switch till it closes all the way.
Any thoughts pls?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10