Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: Seats Gti vs Gt
« Last post by mjmallia on Today at 07:24:27 am »
The seats should just swap out.  As you say.....the GT versions will not have the bigger bolsters.

Just disconnect he battery for 30 minutes to make sure airbags do not get set off with messing with the plugs
Mk5 General Area / Re: RCD330 - pre-programmed CANBUS
« Last post by mjmallia on Today at 07:12:22 am »
If you have VCDS or know someone who has, its just a case of noting all the selected modules in your current systems first (screenshots of the old canbus selections are a must here) and replicating them on the new module once it is fitted by name.

When I did mine note that the new canbus units have a longer list, which also means the module numbers will not correlate between old and new.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Sluggish Cold Starts
« Last post by bacillus on Yesterday at 10:33:49 pm »
Was yours like mine is; turns over and sounds like it should be running but when I let off of the key it's not running? That's with holding the key in the start position a bit longer than normal.
actually not!
Mine intermittently did nothing on first turn of the key but started on the second turn.
« Last post by ROH ECHT on Yesterday at 08:37:22 pm »
Was yours like mine is; turns over and sounds like it should be running but when I let off of the key it's not running? That's with holding the key in the start position a bit longer than normal.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Rns 510
« Last post by bacillus on Yesterday at 08:00:34 pm »
found it and it's called SWL Recovery disc.
scroll down this page to get to the download link https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23779.0
« Last post by bacillus on Yesterday at 07:37:47 pm »
Here to join the club. Lately, past few months, mine has failed to run on the first start attempt.
I have a seat_key in ignition_shut the door and buckle up_turn the key_let go of the key thinking it can take over on its own_and nothing. Turn the key again and it starts right up.

Had that problem with mine and it eventually turned out to be the starter motor becoming faulty.
No issue now with a new starter motor...
Members Rides / Re: RedRobin's Red Chariot
« Last post by pandaman on Yesterday at 07:32:33 pm »
Loving them fog light grills! found them quite easily but they arn't shipping to the UK, I'm guessing you got them Pre-brexit/covid? Anyone seen them for sale this side of pond?
« Last post by bacillus on Yesterday at 07:31:50 pm »
iirc there is a recovery firmware available (sorry can't recall its exact name as it's been a while since I saw it) that may get your unit working again and allow the correct updated firmware to be applied.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Insurance!
« Last post by pandaman on Yesterday at 07:22:08 pm »
My renewal is just around the corner. I'm 29 turn 30 in Feb with a moderate list of basic mods, nothing too drastic to the power output, and have been with A-plan the last few years who put me with Marker Study. 6 years no claim this time, last year = £640, Renewal = £585 but shopped around and hadn't tried Brentacre before and they quoted me £475! so i know who im going with this time. Also Brentacre have put me with "Highway" which is a division of LV so hopefully better than what i've heard about marker study. Excess went up £100 when i moved last year as our current drive has no dropped kerb yet so am parking on the road.
« Last post by Dogma on Yesterday at 06:05:30 pm »
Can Anyone Recommend a replacement then
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10