Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: Cambelt Change
« Last post by Birchy on Yesterday at 06:14:13 pm »
If you have a way of getting from TPS the genuine cambelt kits come out very reasonable!
Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by Birchy on Yesterday at 06:12:59 pm »
Second project within a week was fitting a set of Bilstein B8 shocks. I was already running H&R springs so they should work well together from what I’ve read. Opted for the MK5 shocks as it’s not a daily driver. I’ve been for a short drive round the block and first impressions are very good. The car is sitting approx 10mm higher than before but it’s not had much chance to settle in so will check it again once it’s been on a longer drive.

Mk5 General Area / Re: Cambelt Change
« Last post by akbarirfan on Yesterday at 04:38:42 pm »
Can't see any issues - personally I went with Gates.
Mk5 General Area / Cambelt Change
« Last post by Jons1001 on Yesterday at 03:50:46 pm »
Any opinions on whether this kit would be ok to use rather than genuine?

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/7884548

Mk5 General Area / Re: Prnds flashing after oil filter change
« Last post by hklaikinger on April 23, 2024, 03:11:05 pm »
Any update please? Mine faced the same problem. PRNDS flashing, yet still runs ok. But I fear will deteriorate later.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Problem after changing oil filter
« Last post by hklaikinger on April 23, 2024, 03:08:52 pm »
Hi oscarramirez
Any update please? I had the same PRNDS flashing as well after changing the oil and the oil filter. Although my car still runs as normal. Mine is DSG GTI Mk6
It didn't upload correctly for some reason, fixed.

Tuners here claim they can get 300 to 315hp out of just a turbo upgrade on stock fueling parts. I've already told the guy that I'm not installing any of those parts just yet but we'll see what the actual gains are eventually.

EDIT: Checked again, you are right, I need injectors too. Will speak with my tuner again to see if he can limit it to under 300hp to be on the safe side till I get a hpfp, injectors and other supporting parts.

All looks good - but you will have to be careful, from what I read online upgrading turbo without injectors can lead to running too lean which is dangerous for the engine. Make sure the tuner is aware you are on stock injectors and you are limited. Perhaps 300hp is too optimistic without the fuel related mods?

Also the video you posted is private so I can't check it out.
Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by mjmallia on April 22, 2024, 04:27:59 pm »
If the weave is the same, then carbon......but it looks different to me.
Mk5 General Area / What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by fakie1977 on April 22, 2024, 03:59:56 pm »
I thinking the same - I’m getting used to it but I can always swap it for the original black ones. The carbon fibre layer makes the buttons more recessed so not as easy to press either. Also not sure which gear knob I should pair it with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10