Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: bilstein b14 coilovers
« Last post by 9MAK on Today at 05:30:19 am »
Mine are stamped 84.  Ive seen B14/16 C spanners for less than £20/pr. Bilstein replacements will be more 
EDIT  true "uniquevans"

do these look correct?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125558641560?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nOfLgDXzT-q&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=a5xxww4sswg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
« Last post by 9MAK on Today at 05:28:14 am »
Mine are stamped 84.  Ive seen B14/16 C spanners for less than £20/pr. Bilstein replacements will be more 
EDIT  true "uniquevans"

is there supposed to be one or two spanners?
« Last post by terrier on Yesterday at 04:46:33 pm »
EDIT  true "uniquevans"
Mk5 General Area / bilstein b14 coilovers
« Last post by 9MAK on Yesterday at 01:11:44 pm »
Hi, does anyone know the size of the adjustment tools for b14 coilovers or know where i can buy them?
Mk5 General Area / Re: Mk5 GT impossible tapping noise
« Last post by Von on Yesterday at 12:21:28 pm »
Yeah i guess it is unlucky, to be fair though it doesnt take away from the driving experience, but safe to say i wont be buying another 1.4 tsi, i dont remember if they specified why that piston is behaving badly, right now i’m going to replace the timing chain and tensioner which will hopefully solve the problem, also they told me that my turbocharger axis is going too, so a new day, a new pain.
Edit: it was there since i bought it, the previous owner told me it was a tappet and i believed it because it really does sound like a tappet, so i went and changed them and even put hydraulic oil for tappets in it but it hasnt helped.
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 12:09:17 pm »
I haven’t thought of that, but the mechanics said the noise is coming from somewhere under the engine.

Has this sound been there the whole time since the engine rebuild? Or gradually developed?

Very unlucky that so much has gone wrong with this being your first car. The 1.4 TSI is known for being mechanically unreliable.

EDIT: Did the mechanic give a reason for the lower compression on one cylinder?
Mk5 General Area / Mk5 GTI 2005 interior rattle
« Last post by Folmann on April 26, 2024, 11:10:22 pm »
Hey everyone, I've got a 2005 MK5 GTI and there's this annoying rattle noise coming from somewhere inside the car. I've already tried tightening all the bolts around the area, and it's not coming from the vent itself. Any ideas on what else it could be? I've searched through other posts but haven't found a solution yet. Thanks for your help

Video of the sound:
i=gAZHqE1TOHLBjZaC
« Last post by Von on April 26, 2024, 06:44:41 pm »
I haven’t thought of that, but the mechanics said the noise is coming from somewhere under the engine.
Mk5 General Area / rear spoiler (third) brake light fuse location
« Last post by K03MK5 on April 26, 2024, 05:48:45 pm »
Anyone know where the fuse is located for the rear spoiler (third) brake light?  Thanks
« Last post by OllieVRS on April 26, 2024, 04:04:16 pm »
I don't know much about TSIs, but if this was the 2.0 TFSI I was straight away say it's a failing cam chain tensioner.

Can you pinpoint where the sound is coming from?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10