Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Members Rides / Re: VW GOLF ORANGE SPEED 49von100
« Last post by stevw1 on Today at 05:58:57 pm »
I’ve attended a couple of shows already this year, and plans for some more in the pipeline…..
Ultimate dubs and Auto Culture. Also started an Instagram page to show the whole build from start, and also how it continues to progress

It's all good in the hood. Just pull the N75 plug and you'll be restricted to 8 psi of boost and then fit the K04 injectors at the mapping place before the remap.  Probably makes more sense to fit the K04 injectors at home though and save on labour costs, but either way, it's drivable on K03 or K04 squirters before the mapping.

The main issue is whether or not the mapper can work around the rail pressure sensor.  Some insist on using the K04 sensor, and some can rescale the K03 sensor.

No plans on fitting the upgraded injectors, valves or fuel pump just yet. This time around I'm simply adjusting the map to accommodate for the K04. In the coming months I'll be fitting all necessary fueling parts to push the car up to above 300hp with my target being 340hp, keeping torque under control cause of BWA rods.
« Last post by stevw1 on Today at 05:53:59 pm »
Update on the interior too. Orange panels and some embroidery was added  :sick:
So had them returned to OEM spec with the help of Seamline……

Before

And after

« Last post by stevw1 on Today at 05:48:27 pm »
Back to some sort of normal ( I know no such thing )

« Last post by stevw1 on Today at 04:56:38 pm »
So…….. it’s been a while, and I’ve been busy!
Much has been going on with the Orange Speed.

Due to a broken drivers side bumper hanger, opted to go for a replacement. So while it was off and being painted had the front end re-aligned and new xenon’s fitted.
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Weird boost/throttle issue
« Last post by pudding on Yesterday at 10:47:59 pm »
Fuel starvation.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Upgrade injectors for k04 turbo (fsi engine)
« Last post by pudding on Yesterday at 10:45:31 pm »
MQB injectors are completely different.

You gotta pay to play, so stump up for the proper K04 injectors and give yourself an easier life. You can get them from aftermarket suppliers for less than dealer prices, but not a lot. They are what they are and in demand and priced accordingly.

Also check with your tuner they can rescale the K03 rail pressure sensor, or insist on the K04 rail sensor.  Most competent tuners can do the former, saving you some faff and money.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Cambelt Change
« Last post by pudding on Yesterday at 10:41:22 pm »
Get the Continental kit if genuine is a stretch.  Conti make the belts for VW anyway, and the Conti aftermarket kit also uses the genuine INA idler pulleys and Conti water pump.

What Bosch use is anyone's guess.
Mk5 General Area / Re: rs3 lpfp
« Last post by pudding on Yesterday at 10:37:09 pm »
Nope. You need either the TTRS pump module or the TorqByte aftermarket one.  The stock PWM controller isn't man enough to run an RS pump.

Yes the LPFP maps will need recalibrating.

The GTI fuel level sender should fit on but AKS tuning can advise on that.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Manual transmission oil type
« Last post by pudding on Yesterday at 10:33:04 pm »
There are 2 sizes of end cap, just measure the one you have currently and order that size. 79mm and 84mm iirc.

Don't know what you mean by shim. If you mean shaft play shim kit, you don't need it on an 08 car.  Only 04-06 cars need that.

Use the  G 052 171 A2 stuff.  Yes its expensive but its much better than cheaper alternatives.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10