Make a donation

Forum News

Forum Donations 2022
on April 29, 2022, 08:22:20 pm
HI Guys

The forum kitty is running a little low we have enough for another two months.

I have setup another money pool this will run for one month. The donate banner should also take you to the donation page.

Thanks again for your support  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8JmDrPUnaS

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Sebas_theFish in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:21:43 am
Installed the ECS stage 1 rear stress bar and a set of DLI-TEKNIK upper engine mounts.[img width=786 height=589]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220808/445e72a272

Re: Ignition and cranking circuit dead but other circuits OK
Last Poster: jeupham in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:57:40 pm
I think I have sussed it.

The noise was coming from the KL15 / 460 relay which is for the starter motor and ignition circuits.

I'll replace it shortly and report back.

The alternative is the 469 relay which is for the fuel pump but I don't think so.

John

Re: Hugyourcar.com
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:03:28 pm
Actually getting to the point of not really enjoying driving my edition 30. Unless it'#039s having its head kicked in i don'#039t find it a particularly nice drive anymore. Getting old I guess.

Seems a shame giving up on the ED30 - you have so much time/money invested in - can you

Re: Oil pick-up pipe / sealant
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:56:36 pm
Due to shaft girth, it will be harder to line up the 3/8 on an extension - do able, but you would be better off with a slim T-handle allen, but with a ball like below:

Either way, get under the sump with a phone light and wo

Re: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Fun with Handbrake
Last Poster: LC5F in Members Rides on Yesterday at 01:34:41 pm
So I finally managed to rebuild my powder coated rear calipers.
I moaned before about the what the company did - I wont be using again did by not blocking up openings/threads - the bores had been blasted and rough, so these needed honing. The threads for the brake line and bleed were also messed up - they were very close to being scrap.
The tubes in the carriers for Slid

Re: Pirelli Edition - Register
Last Poster: Freem82 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:07:54 am
Black 2008 dsg 77k miles Cumbria

Re: Lost power, no codes
Last Poster: Northern_ED30 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 09:58:01 am
First port of call, bin the Rev C and fit a new Rev G. Or a Rev D. nbsp Rev A and C are useless. nbsp You'#039d be better off with a slice of Edam in there.

When you say you couldn'#039t read any fault codes. nbsp What scan tool is it? Any errors about not being about to communicate with the ECU?
<

Re: It had to happen sooner or later
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2022, 09:17:37 pm
Did the pipe burst on the original or the valve thing you mentioned?

Re: What the hells happened I hate this edition 30!!!!
Last Poster: 08_edi30 in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2022, 05:46:01 pm
Hey buddy, all pcv is brand new and hasn’t been touched, the engine hasn’t been touched it was running perfect!! It’s only decided to be a prick of a car since i fitted the boost pipe for the boost nbsp gauge which hasn’t been fitted to the actual engine yet. I’ve simply removed the battery, battery tray, to feed it through the bulkhead.

Admittedly I did look for a ign live

Re: battery going flat
Last Poster: ald1717 in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2022, 08:39:14 am
was down lifting the golfr from the indi after doing intercooler software and downpipe, i mentioned to him about the drain and he asked if it had an upgraded stereo i sad yes, he then replied i bet they didnt change the canbus data, but as im selling the car and its not insured i think i will just leave it for the next owner and knock a few pound off

edition 30 scuff plates/castrol decals
Last Poster: Ed30ste in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2022, 08:38:26 am
Hi does anyone know where i can purchase the door shut decals the edition 30 foil strip and the castrol service sticker on the drivers side (uk)
There is 2 marks where my mrs as scratched the sill with her heels and they are starting to bubble slightly. I want to get it fixed and the paint shop said i could lose the stickers so he can hide the blend properly. Thanks
Ste

Re: tcr
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk7 General Area on August 05, 2022, 11:34:41 pm
What's your channel?

Re: GTi stripe paint
Last Poster: Pudding in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on August 05, 2022, 11:31:08 pm
Yeah the Halfords stuff goes on well and lasts. I did it 5 years ago and it'#039s still looking great today nbsp :happy2: nbsp Also did the honeycomb shatness that goes grey with Plastikote Satin black at the same time.

[img width=786 height=589]https://live.staticflickr.co

Re: Anyone done a clutch master cylinder replacement?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 05, 2022, 11:13:56 pm
Cheers chap nbsp :happy2: nbsp Yeah they'#039re great. nbsp I'#039m glued to their YT videos! nbsp Obviously been watching all of their VAG/BMW diesel mod videos lately off the back of my other thread nbsp :grin: If I do end up with a 335d or something, that is where I'#039ll be taking it nbsp :smiley:

I'#039m probably just being a dumb arse and it'#039s not moving because it needs the leverage of your

Re: Safely jacking up the car
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 05, 2022, 10:54:04 pm
I tend to do what the dealers do. nbsp They have very trick mega money hydraulic rams that rise up out of the floor, and they use thick rubber blocks (about 4"quot thick) on the sills.

What makes me whince is when people try and jack the car up in the middle on a cross member, or jack up on the front sill so that both wheels lift off the ground. nbsp Ultra chassis flex nbsp :doh: nbsp

Re: Mk5 bumper alignment
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 05, 2022, 10:44:30 pm
 :grin:

Maybe there's scope for lip fillers and tatooed on eyebrows?

Re: Cooling Issues (fanpack/radiator)
Last Poster: GVK in Mk5 General Area on August 05, 2022, 01:10:28 pm
Thanks for updating the thread with your fix!   :happy2:

Re: Edition30 starts then cuts out ????????
Last Poster: 08_edi30 in Mk5 General Area on August 05, 2022, 12:25:45 pm
Changed the 460 relay still starts and cuts out dash lights up as it should.

What the hell do I do someone please help !!

Re: Mk5 GTI new clutch and flywheel rattle
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 04, 2022, 08:55:24 am
Welcome to the wonderful and noisy world of paddle clutches.

Re: My United Grey Gti
Last Poster: MjW in Members Rides on August 04, 2022, 08:27:25 am
New wheels!!!
18"quot Cruze 190. Grey centres (to near match body/plastics) with stainless rimms and bolts to match in with front/rear badges and stainless exhaust.
I'#039m not looking for a show car but wanted it to look "quotspecial"quot without going too mad.

Front wing replacement and a few minor body imperfections to sort out and then the outside is pretty much done (

Shoutbox

Back to standard lots of Parts
£0.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Team the time has come to put the golf back to standard thanks to ULEZ. Anyway below is just the tip of the iceberg as to what is available please contact me via this site or if you want a no no noncece reply call/text on 07772480088.

I price my parts fairly and other members on hear and other sites who have bought from me will hopefully agree. SO PLEASE DONT EXPECT ME TO GIVE THESE AWAY.I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH.

Alot of parts are R32 which have been bought new from the dealers a two minute walk from my house so i know the history behind them . These are all in excellent condition but please remember these are used parts which have been on my daily car,

R32 Leather bucket seats £1700 this is complete interior including door cards
R32 front bumper complete £395.
R32 rear bumper with sensors £285
H&R Suspension £550 cost £1100
Edition 30 steering wheel £285.
Edition 30 gear knob £125
RNS 510 version C £285
R32 Trim door and ash tray £150
R32 phase 2 wheels £550 Excellent Bridgestone tyres
Xenon headlights £350 bought new complete with bulbs ballast and ignitors
there is alot more chrome switches, boot pop kit etc
Also have the black headlining complete

I CAN PROVIDE MORE PICTURES ON REQUEST HAPPY TO POST PARTS OUT BUT PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT COURIERS ARE NOT CHEAP AND A BIT CLUMSY BUT SENT PART OUT BEFORE INCLUDING LIGHTS NO ISSUES

RNS 510 with Bluetooth module, loom, mic and GPS antenna
£275.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Hi all

My complete RNS 510 kit is for sale, purchased when my other unit failed but no longer required, as I now have a Discover Media. This is the LED (Star button) version and has also been upgraded to a 64GB SSD and repartitioned to allow 30GB of media and plenty for maps. It runs a little quicker than the original HDD but is also cooler and more reliable in a cars bumpy environment. Great unmarked screen and good overall condition. £325 is more than fair with all the extras, so no offers.

Latest maps v17 Western Europe maps (8557) and running 5238 firmware.

Includes:
RNS 510 LED with SSD upgrade and latest maps as described above
Bluetooth module (mounting tabs cut off so it would fit behind the Climate Control panel, so no need to run wires under the passenger seat).
Bluetooth wiring loom + Genuine mic
GPS Antenna

Everything you need to get going, just some coding required with VCDS to enable all the features (plenty of info available online).

Free delivery and payment by Paypal "friends and family". I reserve the right not to sell to newly registered members to help avoid fraud.

PM me if you're interested. Once payment is received it will be marked as SOLD so if it's not then it's still available.

Thanks

Stu
KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop
£325.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop for a mk5 VW Golf Gti.
Used for under 6k miles.
Putting car back to standard.
Collection or Postage extra.
Can deliver locally for petrol money.
FOLKESTONE, KENT.
£325
Highline cluster
£250.00
Postage: £9.99
Delivery or Collection

Genuine Highline cluster removed from a very low mileage r32 prior to being fitted to my gtd. This is in excellent condition no damage to clips, fitting and no scratches. These can be fitted, coded to any gti,tdi,r32.Genuine uk spec clocks please check the pictures for condition and part no. I am happy to post these out for a small fee.
IN PRO MIRROR COVERS
£35.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery or Collection

I have for sale a set of Inpro mirror covers in a matt chrome finish . They look like the Audi RS range very smart when fitted. These are used items and have a small amount of chrome missing but not noticeable when fitted its right in the corner where the mirror folds.
I dont think these are available from Inpro anymore so quite rare items, all clips intact happy to post them out for a small fee.
  • users Users: 0
  • guests Guests: 197