Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello. I plugged vcds into the car today after noticing a bad oil leak to see if any codes would come up and a p0299 code boost pressure regulation - 002 - control range not reached come up.

Does anyone know what this could possible be? I have quite a bad oil leak too. Could this code provoke a bad oil leak? From doing a bit of research I've seen that the diverter valve can throw this code. Could oil pass through this valve and leak out of the connector? The oil leak is coming from the back of the engine and that's where the turbo is.

I thought I'd also mention that the other day whilst driving I had the red low oil pressure light come up and that's since thrown a camshaft positioner (bank 1 intake) P000A - 008 - slow response code. I've heard the low oil pressure can throw this code. I have since changed the oil pick up pipe which was full of junk!!! I'm yet to refill the oil and drive it as I only done the job today  and kts still in jack stands but I thought id mention this just in case as I have this mysterious oil leak which it could possibly be linked it to. however I do doubt it.

Thanks for any input.
Mk5 General Area / Re: 62% insurance increase anyone?
« Last post by TheBALDpuma on Today at 04:08:12 pm »
I was surprised at a relatively cheap quote this year.  With mods decalred through Flux I'm paying £550.  I ran a comparethemarket to see what I'd get without the (very small number) of mods, and it was £350.  All cheaper than last year.

For context I'm 36, have about 14years NCB, an SP30 to declare, but live in a BD (bradford) postcode, albiet in a nice area the BD prefix puts the price up. Greenlight wouldn't even quote me.
Mk5 General Area / Re: MK5 GTI - Just completely died whilst driving!
« Last post by bacillus on Today at 02:57:31 pm »
there is a 433 relay behind the cubby box but can't say if the car has more than one...
« Last post by GreigC on Today at 12:01:42 pm »
Check the battery ground cable that goes from the gearbox to the chassis, seen them fail before. No idea on the relay sorry.

Thank you for the reply. I’ll check that.
Mk5 General Area / 62% insurance increase anyone?
« Last post by fakie1977 on Today at 10:34:51 am »
This is for my 2004 Porsche 911 (standard). My Mk5 GTI which was renewed in March came in a quid cheaper (again standard). Between those cars I do less than 3000 miles and they’re both garaged so that probably helps. (Just noticed the Porsche is cheaper than my GTI!!)

My daily driver is my company car so I never have to worry about insurance, road tax or service for that (which is why I can afford my toys). I’ve just order the new BMW i5 Touring as my replacement company car so be interesting to see how a full electric fits in our household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by Jons1001 on Today at 10:28:37 am »
Result! Is that a mk5 gti? modified at all? Cheers
« Last post by fakie1977 on Today at 10:14:38 am »
I must be in the minority but my renewal quote just came through and I see a significant savings this year (which I’m more than happy to take). The joys of getting on in years I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by GVK on Yesterday at 11:21:22 pm »
Check the battery ground cable that goes from the gearbox to the chassis, seen them fail before. No idea on the relay sorry.
Mk5 General Area / MK5 GTI - Just completely died whilst driving!
« Last post by GreigC on Yesterday at 09:25:54 pm »
Hello, I was driving back from work and my 2009 MK5 DSG GTI just died…. When I turned the ignition key it was like the car had no battery yet I still had hazard lights, windows & head unit. When turning the key the highline clocks and full cluster are totally blank yet had power to other stuff above.

Got out checked under the bonnet at the battery terminals and if anything obvious was at fault but everything looked good. After 5 minutes the car starts perfect again instrument cluster back to normal and I got about 1/2 mile down the road and it completely cut off again! no warning signs on dash….just initially heavy steering and dead. I waited little shorter next time about 2 min and again started perfect… off I went quickly.. I got the car into my driveway left it to idle… died again.

Initially I thought… battery, alternator or ground.

I’ve searched online with mixed results… it seems like an issue with similar VWs that share our platform… the posts I’ve found have exactly the same symptoms and point to relay “433”?

Any help would be great as I need my car for work!

Thanks

Mk5 General Area / Re: Bad oil leak and now low oil pressure
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 08:49:23 pm »
Ironically you can get low oil pressure from over filling the oil. But I suspect it's something more serious in your case that must be investigated ASAP.

Doing what ZoliWorks said is a good start. Places on the right side of the engine to check out are the oil filter housing, cam chain housing and oil cooler. The valve cover gasket can leak too but not enough to cause low oil pressure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10