Make a donation

Author Topic: How to disconnect seatbelt wire  (Read 2053 times)

Offline usman89

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
How to disconnect seatbelt wire
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:29:04 pm »
Hey guys

I have a problem with the passenger seat belt, whenever someone sits in it with the belt on, the passenger seat belt light still comes on, but no always, depends how the person sits.

Anyone know which one of the wires below will disconnect it ? I read it somewhere that it could but it seems to be a different configuration. Only until I find time to solve the problem.

Thanks

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Re: How to disconnect seatbelt wire
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:48:43 pm »
The wiring you need is under the seat itself, two wires (blue/yellow on my MK6). Just unplug the connector with 2 wires (not 3) and it'll be fine

Offline usman89

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »
The wiring you need is under the seat itself, two wires (blue/yellow on my MK6). Just unplug the connector with 2 wires (not 3) and it'll be fine

Thanks for the quick reply. Which wire would it correspond to then on the image I have posted ? I am assuming the yellow on the far right is the air bag one ?

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 12:26:27 am »
You don't want to touch anything on the image you've posted.
On the underside of the seat itself there is a wiring harness consisting of two plugs, one with 3 wires and one with 2 wires (yellow & blue) - you only want to disconnect the one for the seatbelt sensor which is the two wired plug.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:28:06 am by afctom »