Make a donation

Author Topic: Blinkers Front left; Electrical fault in circuit  (Read 641 times)

Offline y.akilamad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Blinkers Front left; Electrical fault in circuit
« on: April 29, 2022, 04:28:09 am »
Hello,

First of all apologies if there’s already a topic out there on this, was unable to search. My left turn signal (headlight signal) has suddenly stopped working. At first I thought it was just a bulb gone bad. Bought 2 new bulbs but still no luck. I have no clue what the issue might be. It still flashes on the dashboard but the bulb just doesn’t work same thing with my hazard, flashes on my dashboard but the indicator left bulb just doesn’t flash at all. I plugged it into vcds and this issue came up. Please could someone help me out as I’ve had this issue for several months now. Thanks

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=p5dftmuu1nn1qfhj4beqteshrk&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Blinkers Front left; Electrical fault in circuit
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 08:53:57 am »
First thing to do it see if you are getting 12v to the indictator  pin on the headlight loom connector. I'll presume you'll find you don't have but you need to start somewhere and that's where I would start.

Offline y.akilamad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 07:37:14 pm »
First thing to do it see if you are getting 12v to the indictator  pin on the headlight loom connector. I'll presume you'll find you don't have but you need to start somewhere and that's where I would start.

So I’ve checked and I am actually getting power to the indicator

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=p5dftmuu1nn1qfhj4beqteshrk&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 09:11:48 pm »
Hmm. Strange. Are you using OEM headlights and ‘standard’ bulbs?

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 11:07:36 pm »
Must be ground then.  :thinking: