Make a donation

Author Topic: centre locking system not wroking  (Read 246 times)

Offline Mokro 5 GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
centre locking system not wroking
« on: May 21, 2024, 01:13:42 pm »
Hey guys just got a 2006 mk5 GTI on my Ps at the moment and its got a few issues, I bought it as I am trying to learn more about golfs through DIY'S and I'd appreciate some Advice and guidance on the following.

PAINT
The clear coat seems to be wearing out on some of the panels and the overall condition of the roof is not too good. What would you recommend to do to it (I was thinking about just wrapping it however I also want to fix the paint Before hand)

CENTRE LOCKING ISSUE
The keys to the golf are functional, battery is fine however I have to manually lock and unlock it through the drivers door which then only unlocks the drivers door, to unlock the other doors ignition needs to be switched on and I have to press the unlock button.

FOGGY YELLOWISH LIGHT
One of the headlights is a bit foggy and yellow what would be the best method to go about to restore it.

Also what would you recommend checking first if you had bought a Mk5 gti engine wise etc and to figure out if the previous owner has well taken care of it and hasn't just thrashed it, (comes without a service book).

Thank you.