Make a donation

Author Topic: Started on next plans for car!  (Read 1233 times)

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Started on next plans for car!
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »
Well i decided to go for it this evening and get stuck in stripping out the interior. I have got most of it done, just need to do a few more bits and get my seats ordered up wih mounting brackets and harnesses. I also have the below tyres and am hoping matt at vwr has my wheels before castle combe.  I am hopefully getting the engine mounts aswell.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Started on next plans for car!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51:34 pm »
Have you got a build thread. ??? If not, why not. Get one up and start from the beginning.   :party: I like it when people go mad and spend thousands making track cars.  :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

Offline ali6n2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »
them seats look awesome

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:23:30 pm »
I haven't done a project log, however I have posted my progress and what I've done to it over the time I've had it. I shall keep you informed of the mods with data and pics don't worry. Bear with me though as I won't get a lot of time due to working away and doing a bit when I'm not away. Got my vwr engine mounts and forge intercooler pipes along with induction kit this week so see if I get time on weekend to fit them.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 08:41:39 pm »
hardcore  :happy2:

Offline Fizgti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 12:38:05 am »
 :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:43:29 am »
looking awesome shaun :)

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »
Thanks for the comments, I have more of an update after a bot more work this morning. I have fitted the top 2 vwr engine mounts, the forge full size aluminium intercooler boost pipes and silicone hoses, and the forge twin take induction kit. I have been for a drive and after some comments regarding the engine mounts I must say I am very impressed with them, I was thinking they were going to be awful but are really good and I can notice the difference in performance straight away with regards to the induction kit. I have been out yesterday aswell ordering a couple more bits which I should have in about a week. Pair of cobra sazuka carbon bucket seats, with aluminium side mounts, Sabelt ultra lightweight 6 point harnesses with ultra light aluminium adjusters, a new arai gp-6 helmet. I am hoping to get these and fitted before Combe so fingers crossed. In case I haven't said already I've now got the kw v3 fully adjustable with rebound and damping fitted by Kevin at kpm aswell, along with the rear end being poly bushed at the same time. I will try and get some pics sorted tommorow. As I say the upper engine and gearbox mount are just brilliant and I probably can't notice it like a lot of people due to the interior being stripped and only hear the exhaust and intake now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:02:58 pm by geordie56 »