Make a donation

Author Topic: Media Cable thingy  (Read 620 times)

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
Media Cable thingy
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
I picked up my ed30 on wednesday and love it so far. It has a cable in the glovebox which connects to your iphone, which i'm liking compared to the aux-in in my last car however, when i plug my phone in it says 'this device is not supported by this charger' or something along those line. Any ideas why it won't charge my phone?

Was also pleasantly surprised that if your playing music with the sat nav app, it dims the musics for the navigation woman to talk through the speakers, pretty nifty!

Offline Starshaped

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Media Cable thingy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:31:15 pm »
Even the latest mdi says its not supported when you plug it in but it still works,if it works but doesnt charge its because there are 2 versions 5v and 12v,the Iphones are 5v so you probably have older version fitted.

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Media Cable thingy
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:43 pm »
Even the latest mdi says its not supported when you plug it in but it still works,if it works but doesnt charge its because there are 2 versions 5v and 12v,the Iphones are 5v so you probably have older version fitted.

Great thanks. I'll probably not bother changing it over tbh. Was just curious incase something was wrong :)