Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 244168 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2016, 11:05:48 pm »
ooh good old amps the v12 and crossovers.Any colour for the wheels suits a black car
Yeah loved my bass back then  :signLOL:

I was thinking white but then again dirt issues :rolleye:
I'd stick with silver or black. Can't really go far wrong with that.
True bud but that's something I'm trying to avoid as I'm going to have them fresh so wanted something other that the basic black silver  :thinking:

Why not get them refurbed and then plastidip them yourself.

Not only will it keep the new wheels protected but you can mix the colours up and try some you wouldn't normally go for. I'd try a bright very pearlescent silver with a finishing coat of the smoke!
Now that sounds like a great idea but again don't want to be messing around with colours tbh although it's cheap enough to plasti dip them.
Get for anthracite or a shadow chrome. Some nice examples in the alloys thread.
Now this is what I'm talking about, anthracite or shadow chrome sounds like the ones but need to see what they'd look like against black now.
I had some wheels on an old car that had a black base coat with a silver lacquer (I think).

They were basically silver in daylight but under artificial light in the evening and at night they took on a really nice depth, kind of anthracite but not as '2D'...

Depending on light and the angle they were viewed from, you'd get everything from deep black to brilliant silver. Bit like that flip paint that was popular with a lot of 90s/00s stuff.

Do something special with them mate!
Black with sliver lacquer? isn't that some kind of shadow chrome look?.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »
Looky what I picked up today and brand new too  :jumping:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:05:49 pm by r5gtt »

Offline moy24

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2016, 07:29:15 pm »
Nice how much you pay for it. Make sure you upload video .

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »
Erm  :thinking:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2016, 07:52:47 pm »
Thought you're selling up bro?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »
Thought you're selling up bro?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
For the ED if this one sells or may just throw it on for fun.

Offline raz469

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2016, 09:46:09 am »
Nothing like a new shiny to get the enthusiasm back hey r5.
New?
Everyone check your wallets, someones been mugged somewhere.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »
So what's going on R5GTT?? I thought you were selling up for an Eddy?

Keep this to one side if so. Harvest any good bits off the GTI and save them for the Edition. Standard cars sell better, as you know :)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »
I'm hoping to get a sale soon so I can swiftly move forward. true better having a naked gti than a modded one  :signLOL:

I want more power with a better engine tbh and the Rd seems to be the talk of the town. Will wait and see.
Nothing like a new shiny to get the enthusiasm back hey r5.
New?
Everyone check your wallets, someones been mugged somewhere.
Inherited a few grand so thought I'd treat myself to a few mods.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
Consider a mk6 R or S3 if you can stretch that far mate. Traction really becomes an issue once you're into the mid 300s torque-wise. For me, the only reason to sell a GTI for an ed30 is for the extra power potential.

I'm being slightly hypocritical, because I'll be fitting a k04 to my GTI (and inevitably have even more 'fun' spinning wheels and spending a fortune on tyres) but I'm not in a position to sell up and start again.

If I was, it would be 4wd without question.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2016, 08:02:46 pm »
AJP you're so flipping right there with the 4wd an all that as power down on a gti ed30 fwd car. Maybe I'm being silly but I was thinking R32 ?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2016, 08:39:20 pm »
AJP you're so flipping right there with the 4wd an all that as power down on a gti ed30 fwd car. Maybe I'm being silly but I was thinking R32 ?
All depends on your long term plans for the new car power-wise, but also what else the new car gives you that the GTI doesn't (apart from power).

If you're not planning on 300+ bhp, then sticking with the GTI is the better option. A Stage 2+ GTI at 285bhp will arguably be nicer to drive than an ed30 at 285bhp as the smaller k03 spins up a bit quicker than a k04; it'll certainly feel more lively.

As for the R32, matching a Stage 2+ k03 GTI in the power stakes will be tough, definitely expensive, and maybe even impossible, unless you fit a turbo/supercharger kit. That said, I'd imagine you could get close to peak power of 270bhp on an R32 with exhaust manifolds, full exhaust, intake, map etc. But, and it's a big but, it'd be a real lesson in 'peak power isn't everything'... If you put a 270bhp k03 GTI on the rollers, and a 270bhp n/a R32 on the rollers, the area under the GTI curve would be much, much larger. In short, a GTI at 270 would be so much more gutsy than an R32 at 270. And you'd feel it.

So then you've got to ask yourself what the R32 can give you that a GTI or ed30 can't. The noise - glorious. Bucket seats. That gorgeous metallic blue.

I'm personally not that keen on the R32 front end, nor am I envious of the tax and fuel costs. But that's your shout!

So... back to the original idea. If you're buying an ed30 to go Stage 2/2+, then go for it. You'd be 80/90bhp up on the equivalent 2+ k03 GTI. But if that's not the main reason for doing it, and you're not planning on 300+ bhp, stick with the GTI (or get the 32 if you fancy the bills and soundtrack).

Your GTI can do 285bhp. In its stride, reliably, and arguably better than an ed30 at 285bhp.

You don't actually get a full-fat k04 setup with an ed30. The brakes are 312mm, like the GTI, with the same calipers. The intercooler is the same. Something with the proper CDL engine would be a much better bet if you're changing cars to chase big numbers.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »
Again valid points I keep on forgetting re the R32 and taxing issues unless it's an earlier one not battered and beaten to its pulp.  :doh:
Should I just stick with the golf gti amd mod the crap out of that although thinking about the fwd system and more power = more wheel spin and am o happy with this or would I be happy with it, NO I'm not impressed in the whole wheels spinning as it does this in the wet trying to take off quicker than usual. S3 are big bucks and again road tax I think is a lot more than 250 per annum?. Might have to change cars totally or rethink the situation as I want power and four wheel drive or am I not thinking correctly and jumping the gun again thinking golf ed30  :slap:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2016, 09:46:19 pm »
Sleep on it dude. You might find something that fits that's not a dub? I'm personally hooked on VWs and Audis, so I couldn't jump ship! But there's lots out there. Mate's just got an S2000. Right at the other end of the spectrum but I'm quite keen to have a ride in it!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2016, 10:22:22 pm »
EvoVIII 340 bhp springs to mind again.

What's wrong with this advert apart from the lack of education?. 》》》

Lancer Evolution VIII GSR 260 I bought this car on 24k miles in 2009 and used it every day for the first couple of years. Since then it's been stored inside and rarely used only the odd show. It's done 1200 miles in the last 2 years and been in dry storage at my unit for the last 5 years under a cover. Cambelt was done at 55k. It's running 347bhp with a rolling road graph to prove it that was before the evo9 turbo and equal length manifold was fitted. All the diff/gearbox and transfer box oils have been changed regularly and it's been serviced regularly and always before it went on a track. Currently running top quality Redline oils in the diff, gearbox and transfer box. I've only ever used Valvoline in the engine, no cheap sh*t.

New exedy standard clutch fitted at 60k with new gearbox/transfer box oils. They last about 30k this is the second one i've fitted and has a lot of life left.

67k miles with 11months mot

Spec is as follows
2.5" Japspeed stainless down pipe
3" Japspeed down pipe back stainless exhaust with no cat's

Blue Silicone radiator hoses
Upgraded 85mm alloy Radiator
Large alloy intercooler
Hard pipe kit with HKS mushroom filter
16g6C evo 9 turbo (rebuilt by Owen Developments) with stainless equal length manifold
Walbro 255 fuel pump
New OE sump fitted as the old one was rusting and I didn't like it.
Dot 5.1 brake fluid
Front and rear pads and discs have been replaced I can't remember exactly when.
Japspeed larger turbo elbow
Tein adjustable height and damping Coilovers with Tein camber adjustable top mounts

Pinion bearing and seal in the rear diff has been replaced

HID light kit
Painted side repeaters
Matt black intercooler, grills, bonnet vent and badges.

Carbon firbre rear spoiler nearly new, cost a fortune.

De tangoed and matt blacked front lights.

Interior is pretty much standard and in good condition.
It's got a Kenwood touch screen dvd player and aftermarket tv tuner. The wiring in the boot needs tidying up.
Parrot Bluetooth hands free kit also fitted

Innovate wide band lambder sensor wired into the ecu so it reads the fuel ratio.
Boost gauge

APEXI Turbo timer
Launch control
Cobra alarm, two keys and fobs.

The ECU light is on because there is no lambda heater connected to the circuit as the Innovate has it all built into the control box.

AYC/ACD works perfectly

There is a few marks on the car and a scratch on the rear drivers quarter but it is straight and it's never been crashed. One of the mud flaps is missing although I have one in the boot and it could do with properly mapping since I fitted the turbo, otherwise it is in good condition and mechanically it is spot on. It has been maintained regardless of cost. There's thousands been spent on this car. I had planned on fitting an Apexi AVCR and getting it mapped but I'm selling it now.

I have all the standard parts for the car apart from exhaust and you can have them if I get the asking price.

£8750